• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Bless Google.

Hunter College has 15566 undergrads and 5743 postgrads.

As for my high school on the other hand, Stuyvesant High School has 3281 students. Seems like a lot more though. Bless 10 floors.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
It's turning into a chore to get in though, I'm going for Air Force and they're being all "YOU'RE 20LBS UNDER WEIGHT LITTLE GIRL". I'm like, sir that's no way to speak to a lady.

But no, I need to put on muscle, and that's what's making it take so long :c

droomph

weeb
Years
Hey, I have a friend that's working for the military life! Personally, I always admire those people.
I understand respecting the troops is reasonable, but I'm starting to get the feeling that their jobs are to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits.

and so on.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Speaking of college and uni, I'm thinking maybe I should take a program in college before going to university. Something that'll just give me a better job than retail while I do attend uni. Maybe something in computers, or Photoshop, websites... As long as I can make a decent coin while at uni.

Is this a good way to go around it? Or should I just jump into uni in 2014 and off I go?

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh my god, I'm not usually bad whenever I talk to girls. I'm fine, actually. But if I ever say something even slightly critical in regards to weight, even as a joke, they jump me. :I

So yeah, I learned a long time ago, weight is not the best thing to talk or make jokes about with a girl. :C

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
I understand respecting the troops is reasonable, but I'm starting to get the feeling that their jobs are to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits to hang around high school campuses looking for recruits.

and so on.
I don't see the problem with that, if you don't want to do it, tell them no. They won't kick you in for face, pummel you into submission, and force you to listen. The most they do is be like "u sure cuz i have a pamphlet u can put in ur backpack..."

And that was my recruiter, I actually can't join up till I gain some weight, so I wasn't upset about it. Basic would be tough if I stay this scrawny ;w;

Honest

Hi!
Years
Gonna agree with Igiko. I have a Navy branch, Marine branch, and Air Force branch all within a block of my school, and every now and then, there are these protesters that want these recruitment centers to disappear. I can never understand them though, they don't do anything aside from try to give you pamphlets. You don't want to do it, you don't have to. No one's forcing you to do anything. I've been in high school for four years, and they've asked me a few times. Never pressured me or anything, though.

Years
Some recruiters take their job wayyy too seriously. And not only in the military either. Personally I think the CF are very well respected in what they do. I like how they take cadets out to FTX's and shoot rifles and camp in the bush and stuff.

@Igiko: what's your career plan like in the Air Force?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
I'm going for something having to do with communications, but I don't know yet. I took the ASVAB in high school, but Christmas Tree'd it haha ;__;

So I have to retake it and then they'll give me my options.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
MFW people talk way too much about studying

tumblr_m63jeugf8m1r7h0lz.gif

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That's because none of us have lives, obviously. We need something to occupy our time, aside from PC!

Actually, that's what has been taking up most of my day. Why I've been so inactive haha. Heck, I've been busy enough that I was procrastinating eating dinner until just now...and it's 9pm. ;D Actually, maybe that was supposed to be lunch. I don't remember.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Online now
The uni I'm going to next year has about 42,000 students!!! Hell yeah!!! Lost in the sea of higher education!!!

Honest

Hi!
Years
Holy crap Chris. I don't even know if that many people is a good or bad thing. :I

Also... people talk about studying? Those are some good kids. People I know don't talk about it at all. And I go to the best high school in New York. Or was anyway.

Also, you guys reminded me I have a Calc test tomorrow, thanks for that!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I had assumed Arrow was referring to how people on PC talk about school/college.

I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the only people I know who studies out of boredom. .__. Only stuff that's interesting, though, or if I have no idea what I'm doing and have to figure it out. I mean, I spent part of today reading about radioactive decay on wikipedia.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh, radioactive decay's pretty interesting. Nuclear science in general is pretty cool.

And again, another reminder of my Calculus test tomorrow. Applications of Differential Equations regarding radioactive decay and half-life. UGH.

droomph

weeb
Years
STILL NOT TOO LATE
I don't see the problem with that, if you don't want to do it, tell them no. They won't kick you in for face, pummel you into submission, and force you to listen. The most they do is be like "u sure cuz i have a pamphlet u can put in ur backpack..."

And that was my recruiter, I actually can't join up till I gain some weight, so I wasn't upset about it. Basic would be tough if I stay this scrawny ;w;

Gonna agree with Igiko. I have a Navy branch, Marine branch, and Air Force branch all within a block of my school, and every now and then, there are these protesters that want these recruitment centers to disappear. I can never understand them though, they don't do anything aside from try to give you pamphlets. You don't want to do it, you don't have to. No one's forcing you to do anything. I've been in high school for four years, and they've asked me a few times. Never pressured me or anything, though.

I didn't say that I didn't like them being there, I just said that it's kinda weird seeing the Army dudes hanging around with people that look like they could kill with a napkin.

Oh, radioactive decay's pretty interesting. Nuclear science in general is pretty cool.

And again, another reminder of my Calculus test tomorrow. Applications of Differential Equations regarding radioactive decay and half-life. UGH.
I always used to think that "radioactive" meant that "you can't even see it before it decays". Then I found out even the 110+ elements lasted a couple seconds…

for some reason that was mind-blowing.

Last edited:
Years
At about this time tomorrow, I'll be on my way to the protection behind the Great Firewall. I might have to watch what I post in D&D DX XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back