Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:53 PM).
Alexander18's Avatar
Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
Dragon user
     
    Join Date: Jun 2017
    Location: NZ
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lonely
    Posts: 580
    Ash can catch more than one of the same type you know. He had three flying types in kalos and three ground types in sinnoh. We can't assume that ash would catch pokemon that has the same type as his other team. Although electric is very unlikely.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #152    
    Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:51 PM).
    Hikamaru's Avatar
    Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
    see meee?
    • Platinum Tier
    • EOEvent Organizer
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Australia
    Age: 24
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 48,112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IcyIce View Post
    Pokemon Ash can catch without interfering with dev of other characters are the following:

    Pikipek (Unlikely)
    Yungoose (Unlikely)
    Crabrawler
    Oricorio (Unlikely)
    Cutiefly (Unlikely)
    Mudbray
    Comfey (Unlikely)
    Oranguru
    Passimian
    Minior
    Drampa
    Dhelmise
    Jangmo-o

    As you can see, there are still a ton of pokemon that he could possibly still catch that aren't Water, Fire, Grass, or Electric. And just because we have already seen said pokemon, that doesn't mean they can't reappear.
    I can see why Pikipek and Oricorio are unlikely, considering Rowlet seems to be filling the regional bird slot this season, sorta like how Talonflame did both that and the typical Fire-type. And aside from Clemont with Bunnelby in XY, the regional early-game Normal-type rodents never make it onto the main cast.

    Cutiefly and Comfey look way too feminine for Ash, so I can see why you've ruled them out.

    Out of the other ones listed, I feel Crabrawler, Jangmo-o and Passimian would look best with Ash. Sadly that'll mean no Water-type for him this region, like how he caught no Grass-types in Kalos. I still think something like Wimpod or Dewpider could work, but then again that could interfere with Lana's team development, especially in the case of the latter since it also looks like it could be a Lana Pokemon.
    __________________
    pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
    Reply With Quote
      #153    
    Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:56 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by IcyIce.
    IcyIce's Avatar
    IcyIce IcyIce is offline
    Fictional Writer.
       
      Join Date: May 2010
      Location: Tennessee
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 4,495
      I think Wimpod is still very possible, but didn't want to include it. He could meet up with the one he saved, but I think Wimpod is going to be another Venipede and Skrelp. Both in which he helped and seemed like he was going to catch in a later episode, but they never showed back up.

      He hasn't caught too many bug pokemon, so it would be nice for him to catch another one. Especailly one that looks amazing like Wimpod's evolution.

      But as you said, those are the exact reason I said unlikely in that list.

      I think think he will catch one of the fighting pokemon. I am almost 100% positive he will. Since both match his personallity well. Passimian looked for a trainer who can throw a pokeball well, which Ash has always been great at. And then Crabrawler who reaches for the highest point to become the best and end of evolving on the highest point in Alola. I can't say much about Jangmo-o right now. It is possible and could definitely be a Gible of the region, but it be nice for him to evolve.

      We also need to remember how much this reminds us of SInnoh, team wise, it is very possible for Ash to catch a 6th Alola Pokemon. Similar to how he got Gliscor. If you don't count all the Legends, pre evolutions and evolutions of old pokemon, Sinnoh also only had 30 pokemon lines and Ash still caught 6 pokemon.

      I don't think it is an exact replica, but I think it will be close to SInnoh like how Kalos was to Hoenn.

      Litten = Infernape
      Rowlet = Torterra
      Rockruff = Staraptor
      Gible = Jangmo-o or Drampa
      Buizel = Passimian or Crabrawler
      Gliscor = Wimpod

      This is just based on attitudes and what they could remind me of.
      Reply With Quote
        #154    
      Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:13 PM).
      Alexander18's Avatar
      Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
      Dragon user
         
        Join Date: Jun 2017
        Location: NZ
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 580
        If ash catches jangmo-o then i want it fully evolved because he needs a pseudo-legendary and i rather not see another gible situation.
        Reply With Quote
          #155    
        Old 2 Weeks Ago (1:32 PM).
        Hikamaru's Avatar
        Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
        see meee?
        • Platinum Tier
        • EOEvent Organizer
         
        Join Date: Mar 2011
        Location: Australia
        Age: 24
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 48,112
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
        If ash catches jangmo-o then i want it fully evolved because he needs a pseudo-legendary and i rather not see another gible situation.
        Even if he does fully evolve it to Kommo-o, he may likely get released a la Goodra. We don't want that happening again.
        __________________
        pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
        Reply With Quote
          #156    
        Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:28 PM).
        Alexander18's Avatar
        Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
        Dragon user
           
          Join Date: Jun 2017
          Location: NZ
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lonely
          Posts: 580
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
          Even if he does fully evolve it to Kommo-o, he may likely get released a la Goodra. We don't want that happening again.
          True but there is a chance he will keep his psuedo this time. But i don't want him to get it if it pulls a gible or goodra on us.
          Reply With Quote
            #157    
          Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:08 AM).
          Hikamaru's Avatar
          Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
          see meee?
          • Platinum Tier
          • EOEvent Organizer
           
          Join Date: Mar 2011
          Location: Australia
          Age: 24
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 48,112
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
          True but there is a chance he will keep his psuedo this time. But i don't want him to get it if it pulls a gible or goodra on us.
          I feel it will probably be a Gible situation, since Kommo-o would look a bit too "threatening" for Ash in a series that's exposing him as a complete butt monkey.
          __________________
          pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
          Reply With Quote
            #158    
          Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:18 AM).
          IcyIce's Avatar
          IcyIce IcyIce is offline
          Fictional Writer.
             
            Join Date: May 2010
            Location: Tennessee
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 4,495
            I don't really see him catching a psuedo right now. In the two generations he had caught one, he had been more grown up Sinnoh and Kalos. Both in which he was more mature and more powerful and finished within the Top 4 of the League.

            Alola Ash, I just don't see him catching one as I don't think he is mature enough, unless he matures through the show. I know he is powerful in Alola, but he lacks maturity.
            Reply With Quote
              #159    
            Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:24 AM).
            Hikamaru's Avatar
            Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
            see meee?
            • Platinum Tier
            • EOEvent Organizer
             
            Join Date: Mar 2011
            Location: Australia
            Age: 24
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 48,112
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by IcyIce View Post
            I don't really see him catching a psuedo right now. In the two generations he had caught one, he had been more grown up Sinnoh and Kalos. Both in which he was more mature and more powerful and finished within the Top 4 of the League.

            Alola Ash, I just don't see him catching one as I don't think he is mature enough, unless he matures through the show. I know he is powerful in Alola, but he lacks maturity.
            Agreed. DP and XY Ash were on the mature side, so it's clear you stand by my point that SM Ash is too dumb and immature to have a pseudo-legend. It's clear his current team would need more development first but I do fear his constant goofing off and focus on school will see him finish Alola with an incomplete team.
            __________________
            pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
            Reply With Quote
              #160    
            Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:37 AM).
            Alexander18's Avatar
            Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
            Dragon user
               
              Join Date: Jun 2017
              Location: NZ
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 580
              Rockruff seems close to evolving. I doubt it is a new form. Probably becomes midday or nidnight.
              Reply With Quote
                #161    
              Old 1 Week Ago (7:46 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by IcyIce.
              IcyIce's Avatar
              IcyIce IcyIce is offline
              Fictional Writer.
                 
                Join Date: May 2010
                Location: Tennessee
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 4,495
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
                Rockruff seems close to evolving. I doubt it is a new form. Probably becomes midday or nidnight.
                I am doubting that. They seem to be building it up far too much to simply be Midday or Midnight.

                It does seem close to evolving, but it would seem odd to be to have it evolve at Twilight like it appears to be doing in the newest trailer. Both are already there since we have Gideon's and Olivia's and Rockruff's eyes are glowing green not red or blue.

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW-8_Nyt_3k

                Midnight and Midday are vastly different from Sunset/Sunrise.

                There are rumors of us getting a new trailer on the 6th of August. So it is perfect timing.


                Spoiler:
                In other news, Gideon does indeed have Type: Null
                Reply With Quote
                  #162    
                Old 1 Week Ago (8:37 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Piii.
                Piii's Avatar
                Piii Piii is online now
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2017
                  Posts: 62
                  DP and XY Ash wasn't any better then the Ash we saw in Hoenn/Unova, the only good thing about DP is that it allow him to have his very first Dragon type Gible, but Kalos was much better because he had a fully evolve Dragon type Goodra.


                  Alola region has a lot of new Pokemon for Ash to choose from, i can surely see him getting a Crabrawler for his Alola team.

                  I think Rockruff might evolve into the midnight form, but there is no way to tell for sure.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #163    
                  Old 1 Week Ago (9:30 PM).
                  Alexander18's Avatar
                  Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
                  Dragon user
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2017
                    Location: NZ
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Lonely
                    Posts: 580
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by IcyIce View Post
                    I am doubting that. They seem to be building it up far too much to simply be Midday or Midnight.

                    It does seem close to evolving, but it would seem odd to be to have it evolve at Twilight like it appears to be doing in the newest trailer. Both are already there since we have Gideon's and Olivia's and Rockruff's eyes are glowing green not red or blue.

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW-8_Nyt_3k

                    Midnight and Midday are vastly different from Sunset/Sunrise.

                    There are rumors of us getting a new trailer on the 6th of August. So it is perfect timing.


                    Spoiler:
                    In other news, Gideon does indeed have Type: Null
                    Welll i am not holding my breath on a new form. Better to see it for myself.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Piii View Post
                    DP and XY Ash wasn't any better then the Ash we saw in Hoenn/Unova, the only good thing about DP is that it allow him to have his very first Dragon type Gible, but Kalos was much better because he had a fully evolve Dragon type Goodra.


                    Alola region has a lot of new Pokemon for Ash to choose from, i can surely see him getting a Crabrawler for his Alola team.

                    I think Rockruff might evolve into the midnight form, but there is no way to tell for sure.
                    Disagree. Unova was terrible. Ash lost to a trainer less experience and iris was annoying. Ash actually did better in Sinnoh than Hoenn because he gotten top 4 and had a decent team. Kalos he got top 2 but the whole saga was ruined by ash releasing two of his six pokemon and because of amorshipping rubbish.

                    This is strictly my opinion of course. You are free to like what you want.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #164    
                    Old 1 Week Ago (12:58 AM).
                    Piii's Avatar
                    Piii Piii is online now
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2017
                      Posts: 62
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
                      Welll i am not holding my breath on a new form. Better to see it for myself.


                      Disagree. Unova was terrible. Ash lost to a trainer less experience and iris was annoying. Ash actually did better in Sinnoh than Hoenn because he gotten top 4 and had a decent team. Kalos he got top 2 but the whole saga was ruined by ash releasing two of his six pokemon and because of amorshipping rubbish.

                      This is strictly my opinion of course. You are free to like what you want.
                      You also have a right to your opinions as well.

                      Ash did do a little better in Sinnoh then he did in Hoenn, since he did make it to the top 4 and his team was fairly decent. But he did it all in one region without any call back to what he did in the last region. The OS shown that Ash did improve as a trainer in both Kanto and Johto, they even brought up what he did in the Orange Islands aswell.

                      I can see Rockruff evolving into the midday or midnight form.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #165    
                      Old 5 Days Ago (6:13 AM).
                      CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is online now
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2017
                        Location: Hayward
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 140
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Piii View Post
                        DP and XY Ash wasn't any better then the Ash we saw in Hoenn/Unova, the only good thing about DP is that it allow him to have his very first Dragon type Gible, but Kalos was much better because he had a fully evolve Dragon type Goodra.


                        Alola region has a lot of new Pokemon for Ash to choose from, i can surely see him getting a Crabrawler for his Alola team.

                        I think Rockruff might evolve into the midnight form, but there is no way to tell for sure.
                        In Kalos, Ash had two Dragon types: Goodra and Noivern(even though it was part flying). The mere fact he had two Dragon types would have made Iris a bit jealous in that Ash has as many Dragon types as she does(when you factor in they both have Gible).

                        Now with Ash having an evolved Lycanroc in a unique form no less, it will be interesting to see if any of his other current Pokemon evolve. Litten seems destined for Delia's lap while Rowlet seem's destined to be the region's next comedic Pokemon like Chespin, Oshawott and other Pokemon before it. Since Pikachu will never evolve, that all but ensures no more evolutions if I'm correct. The question then becomes what Pokemon will Ash catch next(and what type).
                        Reply With Quote
                          #166    
                        Old 5 Days Ago (7:48 AM).
                        Hikamaru's Avatar
                        Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
                        see meee?
                        • Platinum Tier
                        • EOEvent Organizer
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2011
                        Location: Australia
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Quirky
                        Posts: 48,112
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                        Now with Ash having an evolved Lycanroc in a unique form no less, it will be interesting to see if any of his other current Pokemon evolve. Litten seems destined for Delia's lap while Rowlet seem's destined to be the region's next comedic Pokemon like Chespin, Oshawott and other Pokemon before it. Since Pikachu will never evolve, that all but ensures no more evolutions if I'm correct. The question then becomes what Pokemon will Ash catch next(and what type).
                        Remember that the Unova team's notable lack of evolutions and lack of development for some of the Pokemon made it get viewed as Ash's worst regional team. Leaving two starters in their unevolved stages will be a disaster, since I don't think Lycanroc should be Ash's only evolution in Alola. Basically, you need to let at least one starter evolve because if both Rowlet and Litten never evolve then it'll be fair to say Alola will overtake Unova for the worst regional team.
                        __________________
                        pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
                        Reply With Quote
                          #167    
                        Old 5 Days Ago (7:53 AM). Edited 4 Days Ago by IcyIce.
                        IcyIce's Avatar
                        IcyIce IcyIce is offline
                        Fictional Writer.
                           
                          Join Date: May 2010
                          Location: Tennessee
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 4,495
                          Pretty sure Litten will evolve. It's attitude is too strong not to evolve. It is still very early in the anime, so we really can't say anything right now.

                          Plus, we saw Mallow, Ash and Pikachu in the official concept art with a Incinerator which I am pretty sure was Ash's.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #168    
                          Old 5 Days Ago (8:13 AM).
                          Hikamaru's Avatar
                          Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
                          see meee?
                          • Platinum Tier
                          • EOEvent Organizer
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2011
                          Location: Australia
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 48,112
                          Icy is right. As much as I don't want Ash to have another Fire-type regional ace (he already had Charizard and Infernape), the leaked concept artwork of the final evolution Alola starters did show Ash and Mallow on part of Incineroar's section of the art, so it'll definitely hint towards a likely evolution for Litten.
                          __________________
                          pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
                          Reply With Quote
                            #169    
                          Old 5 Days Ago (4:50 PM).
                          CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is online now
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2017
                            Location: Hayward
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 140
                            Well if Litten fully evolves, that would give Ash his second Dark type Pokemon if I'm not mistaken. I would much rather see Rowlett evolve, if only because it'd give Ash a Ghost type when it reaches its final form in Decidueye. Plus if Ash doesn't catch any more Pokemon, then it points to his entire team evolving to their fullest extent(Pikachu excluded of course).
                            Reply With Quote
                              #170    
                            Old 4 Days Ago (9:50 PM).
                            Alexander18's Avatar
                            Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
                            Dragon user
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2017
                              Location: NZ
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Lonely
                              Posts: 580
                              I too want a Decidueye for Ash. I think it suits him. Maybe he pull a sinnoh have two fully evolved starters?
                              Reply With Quote
                                #171    
                              Old 4 Days Ago (1:44 AM).
                              Hikamaru's Avatar
                              Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
                              see meee?
                              • Platinum Tier
                              • EOEvent Organizer
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2011
                              Location: Australia
                              Age: 24
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 48,112
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
                              I too want a Decidueye for Ash. I think it suits him. Maybe he pull a sinnoh have two fully evolved starters?
                              Unfortunately, I see Rowlet being a comedy relief Pokemon similar to Totodile, Oshawott and Chespin before it. And all those Pokemon didn't evolve so that would be something to be concerned about.
                              __________________
                              pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
                              Reply With Quote
                                #172    
                              Old 4 Days Ago (12:17 PM).
                              Alexander18's Avatar
                              Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
                              Dragon user
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2017
                                Location: NZ
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Lonely
                                Posts: 580
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
                                Unfortunately, I see Rowlet being a comedy relief Pokemon similar to Totodile, Oshawott and Chespin before it. And all those Pokemon didn't evolve so that would be something to be concerned about.
                                I think popplio is gonna be the one not evolving at all. Ash's team is far more important.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #173    
                                Old 4 Days Ago (2:25 PM). Edited 4 Days Ago by Piii.
                                Piii's Avatar
                                Piii Piii is online now
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2017
                                  Posts: 62
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
                                  Remember that the Unova team's notable lack of evolutions and lack of development for some of the Pokemon made it get viewed as Ash's worst regional team. Leaving two starters in their unevolved stages will be a disaster, since I don't think Lycanroc should be Ash's only evolution in Alola. Basically, you need to let at least one starter evolve because if both Rowlet and Litten never evolve then it'll be fair to say Alola will overtake Unova for the worst regional team.
                                  Ash had all both of the three Kanto/Johto starters in the OS anime and only one of them evolve, the other starter did evolve in Sinnoh but that doesn't really count. Leaving two starters in their base form is not a disaster because unevolved pokemon can be powerful battlers as well. The Unova team is not the worst regional team, this team was still fairly decent at battling. The problem with his Unova team was that they gave him way too many Pokemon, and it didn't help the matters that they overrush the Pokemon League.


                                  I do hope his Alola team will have more time for development, plus Ash needs to capture more Pokemon inorder for his Alola team to developed.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #174    
                                  Old 3 Days Ago (6:04 PM).
                                  Hikamaru's Avatar
                                  Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
                                  see meee?
                                  • Platinum Tier
                                  • EOEvent Organizer
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                                  Location: Australia
                                  Age: 24
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Quirky
                                  Posts: 48,112
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
                                  I think popplio is gonna be the one not evolving at all. Ash's team is far more important.
                                  Remember that Lana did get a Z-Ring and Waterium Z. While Ash is clearly the main focus due to the classmates not appearing in every single episode, I still think Popplio should evolve at least once, unless if the writers think Brionne and Primarina are not marketable enough, because we know that Dawn's Piplup stayed as it was due to the evolutions not being marketable.
                                  __________________
                                  pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
                                  Reply With Quote
                                  Reply
                                  Quick Reply

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:33 PM.