• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Ideas For New Status Conditions and other Battle Mechanics?

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory Co-Director
Years
Hello to everyone! Anyone have idea for unique status condition?
(I've seen similar threads like this one but still...)

I really like the idea of adding new status conditions.
I've seen a comment on a similar thread about a new condition resulting from the Pokemon being triggered/angered/ enraged, making the Pokemon not listen to it's trainer and use random moves(akin to Torment but more active status condition). I also like the idea of a status condition that makes the pokemon scared/overwhelm with chance to flee from battle/return to it's pokeball and/or use random moves in nervousness(akin to Roar but a Status Condition like Confusion).

Would adding more Terrain Effects be a good idea?
How about more items?

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I like the idea of making the Pokémon sometimes randomly do something else. It's kinda like turning that disobedient effect from being over-leveled into a status condition.

I came up with a status I'm quite fond of a while back. It's originally from this RC thread.
Fatigue
Status condition that limits the PP for each move to 5.
Useful in conjunction with Spite and Pressure to PP stall the foe, move that inflicts it should be distributed mostly to Ghost/Dark types.
There's lots of neat abilities, items, moves etc in that thread, so I'd recommend you check it out if you haven't already seen it!

Last edited:

WillMewlYou

Oh ho, So You Searched And Found Me
Years
If you are going to add Fatigue, why not Hunger and Thirst? Maybe even something corosponding debuff like full stomach to negate that, once it gets that status, they refuse consumable items of any kind that requires digesting , their speed decreases, evasion with a chance of falling asleep and maybe additional like throwing up which will reduce stamina and maybe even health which can activate with being hit physically too many times or moves such as rollout

Pokemon are living creatures and not robots (i guess thats debatable with a few somewhat) it will be good when people start to properly uterlize on that point

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
  • Age 32
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I'm thinking of having a Quad (4v4) battle with a new feature, Formation, where at least one unit get to be on the back row, where some attacks cannot reach.

I'm creating a Pokemon Battle Godot Project with this in mind, though since I can instance scene, I've decided to start with singles instead and work up from there.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
I think some kind of "Reverse Terrain" effect that turns healing into damage could be cool. So in a double battle, you can use Heal Pulse to heal your partner, but then have the partner drop Reverse Terrain at some point so that Heal Pulse can now be used as a damaging attack on foes instead. And stuff like Leftovers and Leech Seed would now do damage each turn, instead of heal.

Back