Advertiser Content

Music Name an album you can't stop listening to.

Started by 21stCenturyDelphox January 16th, 2016 2:04 PM
  • 23 replies
Age 20
Male
Seen September 4th, 2017
Posted June 11th, 2016
57 posts
4.2 Years
What is that one album that you find listening to every week or that album you find captivating everytime you listen to it? Give your reason why.

Personally, mine is Animals by Pink Floyd
All Pokémon must Speak to me and breathe in the air while on the run from Team Rocket. Time is ticking, a banned gun could be pointed at your head and BANG. Dead. All cold and lonely, buried in the Pokémon Mansion drifting away to the great gig in the sky. However, we as a team chose to fight and won. Poke Money is earned to spend on potions or Pokeballs...any colour you like. We fought to get stronger but we had obstacles on the way. Hell, I might have gotten brain damage from my Pokémon attacks but we fought through. Though at the end of our journey, our team grew and grew and so did our relationship a relationship as rare as say.... a solar eclipse.

Mawa

The typo Queen

Age 26
Female
Canada
Seen September 16th, 2018
Posted September 16th, 2018
4,749 posts
5.5 Years
Hum I have a few...

Kiss - from L'arc-En-Ciel
Illumination -from Miami Horror
Immunity - from Zomboy

and a lot more but these are some Album I've listen on repeat.

maccrash

foggy notion

Age 21
Male
Massachusetts
Seen June 19th, 2019
Posted April 17th, 2017
3,584 posts
5.7 Years
Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys, Meteora by Linkin Park and Revolver by The Beatles. 3 of my favorite albums and I still listen to them on occasion. I'm new even a huge fan of The Beach Boys, but Pet Sounds is just really good.
PET SOUNDS DUDE. that album is psyducking incredible.

regardless this album changes for me like every month, but right now it's Summer Months by Joie De Vivre. this winter it's been Elephant Eyelash by Why?, WhatFunLifeWas by Bedhead, Seamonsters by The Wedding Present, Get Lost by The Magnetic Fields, and I think it's about to be ★.
you're the poet in my heart

PokéMew

Pokémon Fuchsia

Male
Refresh
Seen January 6th, 2019
Posted April 8th, 2017
490 posts
6.2 Years
Omfg don't get me started on Animals. :0

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd is definitely a good one and is a high one on my list, also Animals, Led Zeppelin II, Dark Side of the Moon, Moving Pictures by Rush, hemispheres by Rush, Paranoid by Black Sabbath, Abbey Road by (you know the answer (i hope)), Gish by the Smashing Pumpkins, Siamese Dream by the pumpkins, as well as Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

However, the two that I probably listen to on a weekly basis are:

1. The Wall by Pink Floyd. A bit mainstream, but it is truly a great album. For starters it is a HUGE album with a ton of songs, and they are all so different. With that, I like to think of it as a very.. Flavorful/colorful album. However, the album also tells the story of a boy named Pink and his unfortunate journey to the music industry. Truly a fascinating album to listen to.

2. Demons and Wizards by Uriah Heep. I doubt more than 10 people on this forum know of this album, but it is a highly underrated one and is a true jam. If you want a definition of the 70s, listen to this. EVERY song on this album is at its best potential. Good to listen to when working/doing homework/things around the house. You can't get better. :)

Sydian

ick...battle.

Age 27
Georgia
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
32,496 posts
11.7 Years
I think one of my most listened-to albums is Sia's 1000 Forms of Fear. I have yet to get tired of it and likely never will. Can't say that about a lot of albums. I'm prone to getting tired of my favorites from time to time, but still haven't gotten bored with this one. It's always providing me with something new. Insight to myself, musings for my roleplay characters, hoop routines-- it's never stale in what it can bring to me.
i'm awake.
twitter | ao3
Age 20
Male
Seen September 4th, 2017
Posted June 11th, 2016
57 posts
4.2 Years
Omfg don't get me started on Animals. :0

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd is definitely a good one and is a high one on my list, also Animals, Led Zeppelin II, Dark Side of the Moon, Moving Pictures by Rush, hemispheres by Rush, Paranoid by Black Sabbath, Abbey Road by (you know the answer (i hope)), Gish by the Smashing Pumpkins, Siamese Dream by the pumpkins, as well as Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

However, the two that I probably listen to on a weekly basis are:

1. The Wall by Pink Floyd. A bit mainstream, but it is truly a great album. For starters it is a HUGE album with a ton of songs, and they are all so different. With that, I like to think of it as a very.. Flavorful/colorful album. However, the album also tells the story of a boy named Pink and his unfortunate journey to the music industry. Truly a fascinating album to listen to.

2. Demons and Wizards by Uriah Heep. I doubt more than 10 people on this forum know of this album, but it is a highly underrated one and is a true jam. If you want a definition of the 70s, listen to this. EVERY song on this album is at its best potential. Good to listen to when working/doing homework/things around the house. You can't get better. :)
Oh my god, you listen to Uriah Heep! I freaking love Demons and Wizards along with Look at Yourself. My favourite tracks have got to be Circle of Hands and Why. Gary Thain is a beast on D&W.
All Pokémon must Speak to me and breathe in the air while on the run from Team Rocket. Time is ticking, a banned gun could be pointed at your head and BANG. Dead. All cold and lonely, buried in the Pokémon Mansion drifting away to the great gig in the sky. However, we as a team chose to fight and won. Poke Money is earned to spend on potions or Pokeballs...any colour you like. We fought to get stronger but we had obstacles on the way. Hell, I might have gotten brain damage from my Pokémon attacks but we fought through. Though at the end of our journey, our team grew and grew and so did our relationship a relationship as rare as say.... a solar eclipse.

PokéMew

Pokémon Fuchsia

Male
Refresh
Seen January 6th, 2019
Posted April 8th, 2017
490 posts
6.2 Years
Oh my god, you listen to Uriah Heep! I freaking love Demons and Wizards along with Look at Yourself. My favourite tracks have got to be Circle of Hands and Why. Gary Thain is a beast on D&W.
:0 finally someone else understands. xD
My favorite by Heep would have to be Traveller in Time or Circle of Hands.

Ace

Male
NJ
Seen April 14th, 2019
Posted April 14th, 2019
17,464 posts
15.1 Years
For as long as I can remember, My go to album has been...
Bleachers - Strange Desire

I have been listening to it on repeat since it came out. And it's usually the album I listen to when I drive.

Also, since it came out I've been obsessed with...
Ellie Goulding - Delirium

And as of late...
CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye

Margot

some things are that simple

Seen September 15th, 2019
Posted February 25th, 2019
3,663 posts
13.8 Years
I didn't know I could only name one!!! That's so hard.

I'll go with Fleetwood Mac's Rumors. To me, that one is a perfect example of a phenomenal album.

Albums that I tend to listen to on repeat work really well cohesively and don't feel like a bunch of songs thrown together. I love it when each single is really strong on it's own while contributing to the overall album. Pretty much every song on Rumors is a winner to me. I may not obsessively binge it like I used to, but if I'm in an iffy mood and need something to cheer me up, I'll play this.

Talon

Hidden From Mind

Age 20
Male
Somewhere that is nowhere
Seen May 25th, 2017
Posted May 7th, 2017
1,080 posts
6.1 Years
Night Shades by Cobra Starship
This album has me right now. I can't stop listening to it. I don't know why, but I just can't stop.
"Life is so wonderful, Life is so beautiful, just smile, no one gets out alive."
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
"Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die."

"A man said to the universe,
'Sir! I exist!'
'However,' replied the universe,
'the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation.'
~ Stephen Crane

Astinus

Age 32
Male
Seen September 20th, 2018
Posted September 10th, 2018
10,101 posts
13.6 Years
Journey's Revelation is definitely my favorite album. I've listened to it consistently since its release back in 2008, and I still love it now.

I'm one of those terrible Journey fans that likes Arnel Pineda more than Steve Perry.
"Now the trumpet summons us again--
not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need--
not as a call to battle, though embattled we are--
but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out."

Cay

Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted September 2nd, 2019
2,069 posts
4.9 Years
I've been listening to House of Balloons by The Weeknd a lot lately. I must admit, the album is pretty... trashy lyrically, but the whole vibe the album gives off is something so unsettlingly comfy to me. It reminds me of the aftermath of a wild concert or party (which I believe was intended, listen to songs like The Afterparty). I'd recommend it, though it does give a much different sound than his more recent work. I guess it can be compared to early Drake as well.
Advertiser Content