Advertiser Content

Music What are some of your favorite songs?

Started by MartyTheGliscor June 26th, 2018 5:13 PM
  • 36 replies

MartyTheGliscor

Age 18
Male
Johto Region
Seen September 18th, 2019
Posted July 25th, 2018
61 posts
2.2 Years
I like music, a LOT. I listen to any genre of music, aside from most country music (just not a fan), but the genres I happen to listen to the most happen to be Rock, Metal, and any of their subgenres.

Please feel free to share any of your favorite songs!

Now here are some of my favorite and most notable songs I listen to (and by 'some' I probably mean a huge list because I'm a giant dingus):

Alter Bridge - Isolation
Orden Ogan - Gunman
The Ocean - Firmament
Breaking Benjamin - Psycho
Breaking Benjamin - So Cold
Breaking Benjamin - Torn in Two
Shinedown - Diamond Eyes
Shinedown - DEVIL
Gojira - Love
Gojira - Stranded
Gojira - The Way of All Flesh
Gojira - Oroborus
Gojira - Wisdom Comes
Gojira - Flying Whales
The Faceless - The Spiraling Void
Anthrax - Blood Eagle Wings
District Unknown - 64
Deftones - Romantic Dreams
Deftones - Rosemary
Deftones - Diamond Eyes
Deftones - Risk
Deftones - Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
Deftones - This Place Is Death
Black Crown Initiate - Stench of the Iron Age
Killswitch Engage - The Arms of Sorrow
Killswitch Engage - Life To Lifeless
Killswitch Engage - My Curse
Killswitch Engage - This is Absolution
The Dillinger Escape Plan - 43% Burnt
The Dillinger Escape Plan - One Of Us is the Killer
Meshuggah - Demiurge
Here's my team if I were to be a Champion, because why not

Check out the band Deftones, they're amazing. If you haven't heard them before you're missing out.

Does Lightning McQueen buy car insurance or life insurance?

Curly Brace

Mistakes were made

Age 17
Male
Mimiga Town
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
4,710 posts
8.1 Years
If you want to hear about stuff I listen to that isn't sung by Japanese people or heard in video games, Ken Ashcorp - Absolute Territory comes to mind.

I only listen to high-quality video game rips.

lillipup03

Age 16
Male
Ohio, USA
Seen April 8th, 2019
Posted April 5th, 2019
239 posts
1.4 Years
Elevation by U2
Just Like Fire Would by Bruce Springsteen
Humble by Kendrick Lamar
Goodbye Stranger by Supertramp
American Girl by Tom Petty
Rather Be by Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne
Count On Me by Bruno Mars
Delicate by Taylor Swift
In The Name Of Love by Martin Garrix and Bebe Rexha
Million Years Ago by Adele
1-800-273-8255 by Logic, Alessia Cara, and Khalid
Of Moons, Birds, and Monsters by MGMT

Bonus: Champion Cynthia Battle Remix by Glitchxcity

I like quite a variety of music, like classic rock, pop, rap, indie, dance, pretty much anything but country.

Name: Annabelle
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Pokémon Essentials WIP: Pokémon Spirit Platinum

Living Pokédex
https://pokedextracker.com/u/lillipup03/my-living-dex

Shiny Hunts
Current:
Finneon SOS
Y Horde Encounters

Shiny Count:

CF1994

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,074 posts
3.3 Years
I have many favourite songs, but I will put some of them into each category:

Singers and Bands:
Smash Mouth - All Star
Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
Baha Men - Who Let The Dogs Out?
Cartoons - Witch Doctor
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Ween - Ocean Man
Psy - Gangnam Style
Quad City DJs - Space Jam (Also counts as a movie song.)

Movies:
In the Dark of the Night - Anastasia
Poor Unfortunate Souls - The Little Mermaid
Circle of Life - The Lion King
Bare Necessities - The Jungle Book
You've Got a Friend in Me - Toy Story
Now That We're Men - The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
The Trial - Pink Floyd's The Wall
The Brave Little Toaster - It's a B-Movie
Bartok the Magnificent - Someone's In My House
How the Grinch Stole Christmas - You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

TV Shows:
Animaniacs - Nations of the World (AKA; Yakko's World)
South Park - Jackin' It in San Diego
Family Guy - The Freakin' FCC
The Simpsons - Monorail
Futurama - Robot Hell
Wander Over Yonder - It's Your Happy Birthday
LazyTown - We Are Number One

The Internet (Remixes and parodies included):
ProtoOfSnagem - HEYYEYAAEYAAEYAEYAA
Nostalgia Critic - F-ing Love Christmas
Saint Pepsi - Enjoy Yourself
Animeme - Insanity Wolf Christmas Song
The Angry Video Game Nerd Theme Song
EmpLemon - Hurricane Irma Tribute
The Greg Baldwin Channel - My Way (Aku Cover)

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows

Age 29
Female
Australia
Seen November 14th, 2018
Posted August 10th, 2018
773 posts
2.8 Years
I like a lot of different music from the 80s, 90s and 00s.
Right now I'm loving Zombie (cover) by Bad Wolves.
Other favourites -
November Rain by Guns N Roses
Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Demons by Imagine Dragons
A Thousand Years by Christine Perri
My Immortal by Evanescence
~AKA Lea~

TheGoblinQueen

The Rowlet Trainer

Age 35
Female
New Jersey
Seen September 3rd, 2018
Posted July 21st, 2018
11 posts
12.7 Years
So many good ones but here are my top ones.

Who Wants to Live Forever by Queen
Wicked Games by Chris Issak and cover by Ursine Vulpine featuring Annaca
Mad World by Tears for Fear and cover by
It All Began by Gary Numan
Ruin by Gary Numan
Roam by B52s
Don't Stop the Devil by Dead Posey
Ordinary World by Duran Duran and cover from Evil Within 2

"What you see or seem is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allen Poe

Facebook: Link

MartyTheGliscor

Age 18
Male
Johto Region
Seen September 18th, 2019
Posted July 25th, 2018
61 posts
2.2 Years
Theres too many to name. Right now Im obsessed again with Metalingus by Alter Bridge.
That's another great song.
Here's my team if I were to be a Champion, because why not

Check out the band Deftones, they're amazing. If you haven't heard them before you're missing out.

Does Lightning McQueen buy car insurance or life insurance?

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
Coldplay's second and third albums are some of my favorite songs. Mostly because they have so much nostalgia for me.

Homeskulled Kid

Banned

Clancer
Seen April 15th, 2019
Posted April 15th, 2019
My music tastes are fairly broad, but are united in sheer epicness. The fundamental quality that binds them all is that I can dance to them. Mellow is not usually my deal, but I keep changing my mind and the songs below kind of reflect that. They're uncharacteristically soft for me, as in they're not headbangers, but they fill my soul. These are my top tunes:
  • Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
  • Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
  • Undisclosed Desires - Muse
  • Clearly - Grace VanderWaal
  • Younger Now - Miley Cyrus

Brilliant, right. I rely on Move Your Body by Sia and Psyduck A Silver Lining by Panic! At The Disco to get me on my feet, but I'm a horrible dancer so I usually just look like I'm having a seizure.

Also...
  • I'm Beginning to See the Light - Ella Fitzgerald
  • Feeling Electric - Parade of Lights
  • Reaper - Sia
  • I'm Lucky - Joan Armatrading
  • Stand by Me - Ben E. King
  • Dancing With Myself - Billy Idol
  • Dance Hall Days - Wang Chung
  • Shape of My Heart - The Police

baire

currently procrastinating

Male
Canada
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
46 posts
1 Years
trying to narrow stuff down to a handful of songs is torture but recently Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin has been my favourite, it mixes elements of classical and jazz which is just all kinds of fun
other than that,

all of the transcendental etudes - Liszt
B minor sonata - Liszt
all of the songs on Either/Or and XO - Elliott Smith
piano concerto 3 - rachmaninoff
take five - Dave Brubeck quartet
all of the songs on Come on! Feel the Illinoise! - Sufjan Stevens
all of the songs on Loveless - My Bloody Valentine
all of the songs on Remain in Light - Talking Heads
Shine on You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd
Echoes - Pink Floyd
all of the songs on Glassworks - Philip Glass
2x5 - Steve Reich
Electric Counterpoint - Steve Reich
all of the songs on In The Court of the Crimson King - King Crimson
Sonata 2 - Chopin
Sonata 2 - Rachmaninoff
some of the nocturnes - Chopin
Sonata 7 - Prokofiev
concerto 2 - Prokofiev
allegro barbaro - Bartok
piano sonata - Bartok
mephisto waltz 1 - Liszt
gaspard de la nuit - Ravel
ballade 2 - Chopin
waldstein - beethoven
pathetique - beethoven
and many others

it seems I really like piano music a lot, and also that I really suck at narrowing stuff down

Sumner

Novice

Male
Brazil
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
2,506 posts
1.6 Years
Oh boy you asked for it. There you go:

The Smiths - There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
The Cure - Just Like Heaven
The Cure - Friday I'm In Love
Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
New Order - Age Of Consent
New Order - Your Silent Face
The Clash - London Calling
Don McLean - American Pie
ABBA - Dancing Queen
The Cure - A Forest
The Smiths - The Headmaster Ritual
Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
The Police - Every Breath You Take
Orchestral Manoeuvers In The Dark - Enola Gay
Brian Eno - The Big Ship
The Smiths - This Charming Man
Bon Jovi - Runaway
INXS - New Sensation
INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
INXS - Don't Change

Phew. Well, I listed only these I've been listening to a lot lately or in the past few months. :x
Here's a playlist full of songs I like (all of the songs above are there too lol): link
The world was full of cravens who pretended to be heroes; it took a queer sort of courage to admit to cowardice as he had.

Syntthetix

Porygon Programmer

Age 17
Male
Littleroot Town
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
311 posts
4.5 Years
Preemptively, I'm aware I'm a total weeb. With that said:

Void, Magic, Mimizu, Hibiwareta Sekai, and End, all by Majiko are great.
Adamas by LiSA is probably my favorite anime opening yet (I like Sword Art Online).
Deliverance, Miracle, and The Mother We Share, all by Chvrches are great as well.

Wooooo 2/3 weeb music, living the life over here

GTXVI Egg Swap Winner

Alfheim Online Challenge
3DS FC: 4743-0212-8273
Switch FC: 1125-1684-1427

Axel

Got it Memorized?

Age 31
Female
That's classified.
Online now
Posted 2 Hours Ago
6,377 posts
15.4 Years
  • Sleeping With Sirens - Kick Me
  • Sleeping With Sirens - Save Me a Spark
  • Sleeping With Sirens - Legends
  • Sleeping With Sirens - Hole in My Heart
  • Sleeping With Sirens - Cheers
  • Sleeping With Sirens - One Man Army
  • Sleeping With Sirens - Trouble
  • Sleeping With Sirens - The Chase

Pretty much all songs by SWS stfu and the first person to tell me they suck gets a boot up their ass keep that in mind

Others:
  • All Time Low - Therapy, Missing You, Sateillites
  • Simple Plan - Welcome to My Life, Lucky One, Try
  • Sara Bareilles - Brave
  • Linkin Park - In the End, Final Masquerade, One More Light.

There's more... but my mind is on Kellin atm.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag

Male
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted August 4th, 2019
180 posts
6.5 Years
Adamas by LiSA is probably my favorite anime opening yet (I like Sword Art Online).
SHINY SWORD MY DIAMOND!

On a serious note, though, I don't think LiSA's ever released a bad song - some "meh" ones maybe, but certainly not bad ones.

If you're up for taking suggestions, "Psychedelic Drive" and "Ichiban no Takaramono" are probably my all-time favorite LiSA songs. I saw a video of LiSA performing "Psychedelic Drive" live and I just fell in love with the song (and the energy she put in it). As for "Ichiban no Takaramono," there's an anime called "Angel Beats," and that's where I first heard it.

---

My musical taste varies a lot with my mood, and so do my favorite songs. In general, though, I gravitate towards songs that have a structure to them - songs where you can tell that there's a build-up to a climax. I don't mind it when a song takes melodic detours here and there, because let's face it: little things like changes in tempo or key spice up the overall listening experience. But, at the end of the day, I like it more when songs have a discernible beginning, middle, and end.

Some of the songs I've been listening to lately fall in the KPOP genre. I do like me some Korean ballads every now and again, though - Ailee's song from the Goblin OST is one example.

Anything by EXID I'm bound to like (DDD is my favorite EXID song, with the rest of their songs trailing a close second), and as a Kim Chungha fanboy, I'd be remiss not mention her here! Her latest song "Gotta Go" is a bop, and I'd honestly put it above "Rollercoaster." I'm glad she's won six award shows with it, because she definitely deserves it.

As far as Japanese music goes, every song on Kenshi Yonezu's "Lemon" album is on my playlist ("Paper Flowers" takes the cake for best song in the album, which isn't saying much since it's such a great album overall and any song on there could take first easily if I didn't like the vibe of "Paper Flowers" so much). Another Japanese artist I fell in love with (quite recently too) is ナノ. Most (if not all) of her songs are so catchy that I can't pick just one as my favorite. Though we only got a snippet of it, I think "Kemurikusa" is going to be a contender for best song for sure; the switch-up in tempo that happens near the end of the one-minute snippet reminded me of something I'd hear from a marching band, which I'm certainly not complaining about. Some other songs from her that I like are Nevereverland, Gloria, Rock On, and My Liberation. I'd type more songs, but my fingers aren't exactly cooperating with me right now.

EDIT: TYPOS GALORE >.>

Syntthetix

Porygon Programmer

Age 17
Male
Littleroot Town
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
311 posts
4.5 Years
SHINY SWORD MY DIAMOND!

On a serious note, though, I don't think LiSA's ever released a bad song - some "meh" ones maybe, but certainly not bad ones.

If you're up for taking suggestions, "Psychedelic Drive" and "Ichiban no Takaramono" are probably my all-time favorite LiSA songs. I saw a video of LiSA performing "Psychedelic Drive" live and I just fell in love with the song (and the energy she put in it). As for "Ichiban no Takaramono," there's an anime called "Angel Beats," and that's where I first heard it.

---

My musical taste varies a lot with my mood, and so do my favorite songs. In general, though, I gravitate towards songs that have a structure to them - songs where you can tell that there's a build-up to a climax. I don't mind it when a song takes melodic detours here and there, because let's face it: little things like changes in tempo or key spice up the overall listening experience. But, at the end of the day, I like it more when songs have a discernible beginning, middle, and end.

Some of the songs I've been listening to lately fall in the KPOP genre. I do like me some Korean ballads every now and again, though - Ailee's song from the Goblin OST is one example.

Anything by EXID I'm bound to like (DDD is my favorite EXID song, with the rest of their songs trailing a close second), and as a Kim Chungha fanboy, I'd be remiss not mention her here! Her latest song "Gotta Go" is a bop, and I'd honestly put it above "Rollercoaster." I'm glad she's won six award shows with it, because she definitely deserves it.

As far as Japanese music goes, every song on Kenshi Yonezu's "Lemon" album is on my playlist ("Paper Flowers" takes the cake for best song in the album, which isn't saying much since it's such a great album overall and any song on there could take first easily if I didn't like the vibe of "Paper Flowers" so much). Another Japanese artist I fell in love with (quite recently too) is ナノ. Most (if not all) of her songs are so catchy that I can't pick just one as my favorite. Though we only got a snippet of it, I think "Kemurikusa" is going to be a contender for best song for sure; the switch-up in tempo that happens near the end of the one-minute snippet reminded me of something I'd hear from a marching band, which I'm certainly not complaining about. Some other songs from her that I like are Nevereverland, Gloria, Rock On, and My Liberation. I'd type more songs, but my fingers aren't exactly cooperating with me right now.

EDIT: TYPOS GALORE >.>
I completely agree with you on LiSA's song generally being really good. I don't think I know of any that I actually don't like.

Anyway, I just gave Psychedelic Drive and Ichiban no Takaramono a listen and I've got a new song on my Spotify playlist. Sadly, Ichiban no Takaramono isn't on Spotify, so I can't add that one, but it was really good. Angel Beats was actually like my third anime I ever watched, so I don't really remember the song since it was so long ago.

As for Kenshi Yonezu, I've only listened to a few of his songs, but I really like Lemon, Paper Flower, and his duet with Daoko for Uchiage Hanabi.

I actually know My Liberation since I heard it in the rhythm game Osu, if you happen to know that. I actually had no clue that Nano was a her since she completely sounds like a guy in My Liberation. Her voice is pretty amazing though, and it's really cool that she can sing in both English and Japanese since she was born in New York. I'll definitely be listening to some more of her music today and tomorrow.

GTXVI Egg Swap Winner

Alfheim Online Challenge
3DS FC: 4743-0212-8273
Switch FC: 1125-1684-1427

Curly Brace

Mistakes were made

Age 17
Male
Mimiga Town
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
4,710 posts
8.1 Years
Thanks to my better music taste, these are some of my favorite songs atm:
OutKast - Hey Ya!
George Harrison - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
King Crimson - Epitaph
Prince - Gold
Prince - Kiss
Queen - Made in Heaven
Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
Was (Not Was) - Walk the Dinosaur
Elton John - Crocodile Rock
Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire

I only listen to high-quality video game rips.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words

Age 20
Female
Ohio
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
834 posts
1.9 Years
Enrique Iglesias - Bailamos (I can't stop listening to this!)
All Time Low - Remembering Sunday (At one point in my life, I seriously loved this song so much, I wanted it to be the last song I heard before I died - I'm not committed to that anymore, but it's still very special to me!)
Billy Joel - Piano Man (Gets me every time *sniff*)
Linkin Park - Most of their songs, really, but special mention goes to Waiting for the End
Florence and the Machine - Same, but special mention to Blinding.
Ed Sheeran - The A Team (This one legitimately messes me up for a while every time it comes on the radio)
Train - Drops of Jupiter
John Schneider - I've Been Around Enough to Know (My grandmother has a John Schneider tape with this as the first song, and we used to listen to it all the time in my childhood as we rode around town - when she sold the car that had the tape player, I burned a CD with the same songs as her Christmas present. <3)
David Allen Coe - You Never Even Called me by my Name (It really is the ultimate country western song. :giggle:)
David Frizzell and Shelly West - You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma
Brooks and Dunn - Neon Moon
George Strait - Cheyenne
Rodney Crowell - After all this Time (Seriously, shout out to Granny for all this awesome country music I know about)
Kris Allen - Live Like we're Dying
Jon Bellion - Hand of God (Mainly the end part - if you've heard it, you know what I'm talking about.)
Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball (Seriously, this song just gets a bad rap because of the music video...:frown:)
Cee Lo Green - Bright Lights Bigger City
Fun. - Carry On
OneRepublic - Counting Stars (There are a bunch of songs from this era I could put here, as it was a very notable time in my life, but I'll pick this one as a representative.)
Mike Posner - Please Don't Go (I've loved this song since I was a preteen. It's sort of sad, actually - even then, the line "running from tomorrow" got to me, because I felt like that was what I was doing in my life, and I still do. Maybe we all do, to an extent.)
Eminem and Rihanna - Love the Way you Lie (I'm lucky enough not to be able to relate to this song, but I can appreciate it as a work of art)
Eminem - Venom (Didn't see the movie, because it was a tad too disturbing for me, but the song - wow. This might be the first time I've been moved to describe something as fire.)
Evanescence - Once again, most of their songs, but I'm gonna give a specific shout-out to Bring me to Life. Because I liked it before it was a meme. :giggle:
Naked Brothers Band - Eventually (Guilty pleasure time!)
Free Energy - Bang Pop (This one needs more love!)
Anchored - Last Night (This one too!)

...I think I'll stop myself here, haha.
Advertiser Content