Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Monster Hunter
Club

WELCOME

Welcome to The Arena! AKA: The Monster Hunter Club! Here you can get together with fellow hunters and arrange hunts, exchange advice, and talk about anything to do with Monster Hunter! Post about upcoming releases, MH anime and manga, and merchandise. it's all allowed here! Even if you don't own any MH or spin-off games, you're still more than welcome to join if you're a fan of the series.

If you keep posting actively, you may even see your own Hunter Rank increase!

The Monster Hunter (?????????) franchise is a series of fantasy-themed action role-playing video games developed and published by Capcom. The player takes the role of a Hunter, slaying or trapping large monsters across various landscapes as part of quests given to them by the locals. As part of its core gameplay loop, players use loot gained from slaying monsters, gathering resources, and quest rewards to craft improved weapons, armor, and other items that allows them to face more powerful monsters.

Remember, all PC rules apply here!

• Name:
  • Weapon Main:

OPTIONAL:
  • In-Game Name:
  • Hunter Rank:
  • Currently Playing:
  • Friendcode:

MEMBERS

Fairy HR 3
bobandbill HR 0
Midnight Umbreon HR 1
Dawn HR 2
Kasreygan HR 1
Nah HR 0
Janp HR 0
xSmokeMusicx HR 0
Frequency HR 0
the_fast_reader HR 0
an illegible mess. HR 0
Venia Silente HR 0

art by TheInvisiblessed

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 47 Minutes Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
15,252 posts
11.7 Years
Name: bobandbill
Favorite Monster: Barioth (quite like its design and was the first monster I properly grinded hunting on at G rank)

First game was MH3U for the 3DS, and since played MH4U, MHGen and may get MHGenU for the Switch too (although when sorta depends on when I have an internet connection...)

My main weapons of choice are Insect Glaive [Aerial style] and Longsword. :)

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Added!

My first game was MH4U. I'm super, super excited about Double Cross though! n_n

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted October 2nd, 2019
887 posts
1.4 Years
Could I join, even though the only MH game I own, or have access to, is monster Hunter stories?

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Could I join, even though the only MH game I own, or have access to, is monster Hunter stories?
Of course! Anyone can join, even if you don't play Monster Hunter! The only thing you really need to be a part of this club is a fan of the game! :)

Midnight Umbreon

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted October 2nd, 2019
887 posts
1.4 Years
I will try to peruse this title in the future... in the mean time

Name: Calzone407 ( call me cal or calzone)
Weapon Main: When I play the demo I use Charge blade

OPTIONAL:
In-Game Name: Calan, I believe
Hunter Rank: ?9
Currently Playing: MHST

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Monster Hunter
Club ★ Update

NEWS

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate will release for Nintendo Switch soon, and now Capcom has dropped some news on Twitter via the game's account. It's releasing a free, playable demo of the game on August 16, where you'll get the chance to try all six Hunting Styles and new Prowler abilities.

The full game will release on Switch on August 28, but 3DS players may be very familiar with it. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is an expanded version of the original Monster Hunter Generations, which came out on 3DS in 2015. It includes more content, including two new Hunting Styles (Alchemy and Valor), an additional Elder Dragon, and a new endgame boss. You'll also be able to go on "G Rank" quests identified as "even more formidable versions of familiar foes." The game has already been out in Japan for some time under the name Monster Hunter XX.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-demo-of-monster-hunter-generations/1100-6461189/
thanks bobandbill!

Do you guys think you'll try the demo? Post about it here!

Midnight Umbreon

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted October 2nd, 2019
887 posts
1.4 Years
And now the tears pour from my eyes... Oh well, guess I'll just... Rock in my SR armor in MHST

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Silver Rathalos armor is great no matter what the game / spinoff, lol!

I put some thought into it, and I think I'm going to pass on the demo this time. It's against my better judgement because I'm SO EXCITED about Generations Ultimate, but that's exactly why I want to wait. With file transfers being allowed, I really want to have a raw, authentic experience with my own conditions, you know? I know there's no spoilers in the demo, but I almost don't want to spoil the gameplay for myself. Does that make sense???

Midnight Umbreon

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted October 2nd, 2019
887 posts
1.4 Years
Sure, I feel that way about a lot of games. For instance, I wouldn't get a HM demo, because then the whole game would be in the Demo

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
11,088 posts
5.1 Years
/joins

Name: Dawn
Weapon Main: Adept Bow/Aerial SnS in Gen, and I ran IG in World.

OPTIONAL:

In-Game Name: Meyneth/Dawn (MHGU will probably be Nero)
Hunter Rank: idk without checking...somewhere around HR130 in both I think.
Currently Playing: Waiting patiently for MHGU
Friendcode: SW-2387-1174-2617

I'm frantically trying to finish Ys VIII on my Switch so I'm avoiding the MHGU demo, but as soon as the full game comes out I will probably be playing it exclusively. I expect I'll start again despite save data transfer features, if only because it has been a VERY long time and I might build some Insect Glaives and see how that works out in Aerial style...although my primary weapon will still be Adept style Bow. Because it's broken as hell. xD

Astalos is the best monster. I love the armour set especially...so glad for transmog in MHGU. The Astalos armour itself isn't great skill-wise, but it's such a snazzy-looking set. Although I ran a mixed Shagaru Magala set (well, it was all from that monster, just pieces of S and R armour...and the head piece that gave you Critical Eye +2 from Out of the Fry Pan that was a rattata to get hold of) and I did alright.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
/joins

Name: Dawn
Weapon Main: Adept Bow/Aerial SnS in Gen, and I ran IG in World.

OPTIONAL:

In-Game Name: Meyneth/Dawn (MHGU will probably be Nero)
Hunter Rank: idk without checking...somewhere around HR130 in both I think.
Currently Playing: Waiting patiently for MHGU
Friendcode: SW-2387-1174-2617

I'm frantically trying to finish Ys VIII on my Switch so I'm avoiding the MHGU demo, but as soon as the full game comes out I will probably be playing it exclusively. I expect I'll start again despite save data transfer features, if only because it has been a VERY long time and I might build some Insect Glaives and see how that works out in Aerial style...although my primary weapon will still be Adept style Bow. Because it's broken as hell. xD

Astalos is the best monster. I love the armour set especially...so glad for transmog in MHGU. The Astalos armour itself isn't great skill-wise, but it's such a snazzy-looking set. Although I ran a mixed Shagaru Magala set (well, it was all from that monster, just pieces of S and R armour...and the head piece that gave you Critical Eye +2 from Out of the Fry Pan that was a rattata to get hold of) and I did alright.
Added! Welcome to the Guild! :)

Yooo Aerial IG is my jam. If you already liked the things that made IG great in 4U, then you're guaranteed to love Aerial. It adds even more of the mobility and lends itself so well to glaive usage and feels so satisfying.

I run Shagaru as one of my Adept Bow sets too! Though I recently switched it out for the Esurient-R set and the TeoBow cause it's legitimately so OP that it's a crime not to use it lol. Still, the Shagaru set with Barrage Earrings is among one of my favorite combos for all my other bows.

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
11,088 posts
5.1 Years
Added! Welcome to the Guild! :)

Yooo Aerial IG is my jam. If you already liked the things that made IG great in 4U, then you're guaranteed to love Aerial. It adds even more of the mobility and lends itself so well to glaive usage and feels so satisfying.

I run Shagaru as one of my Adept Bow sets too! Though I recently switched it out for the Esurient-R set and the TeoBow cause it's legitimately so OP that it's a crime not to use it lol. Still, the Shagaru set with Barrage Earrings is among one of my favorite combos for all my other bows.
I never really played 4U all that much, actually! I was very put off the 3DS MH titles initially because without dual analogue it was like playing the PSP titles again to me, which were impossible because of the claw. I didn't play MH after Tri properly until Gen, when I need a New 3DS and a nub for camera...that took some getting used to, haha. I think I'm interested in Aerial IG especially now because of the changes made to the glaive (or the kinsects anyway) in GU, and because it was the only weapon in World I enjoyed using. Bow was so bad in World...I missed my adept evade!

TeoBow is literally the best bow, because Blast. Blast in Gen is obscene. I'm so glad I won't have to farm Teo obsessively for the best bow in GU, because there are no words to describe how much I hate the damn thing. xD

Barrage Earrings I experimented with, but I felt Load Up as a skill was a teensy bit overrated...at least, not as useful as Critical Eye +2/3. Or maybe I just wanted to use my Hayabusa Feather all the time because it took me two weeks of constant trying to get it...not looking forward to doing that quest again. Jho followed by Tigrex and Narg was not fun. Although it was mostly because Jho and Tiggy have annoyingly large health pools and I ran out of time more often than not!

Kasreygan

Male
Ultra Space
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted January 2nd, 2019
55 posts
2.1 Years
Why did it took me so long to discover this club. *facepalms*

MH4U IGN: HR999, Khesari
MHGen: HR 500+ Testament

Fave Monsties: Deviljho (G.I.Jho), Rajang (Son-Goku), Teostra (Toaster-san), Shagaru Magala, Zinogre (#BigBadWolf), Mizutsune, Nargacuga, Glavenus (Blade Trinity), Dread-King Rathalos (Drift-king).
Honorable Mentions: Brachydios
Hated Monsters: Bulfango, Konchu (Burn in hell vermins!), Garuga (Angrybird)

Weapons mastered: Greatsword, Longsword, Dual-swords, Insect-glaive ( Je Suis Monté!), Chargeblade (R.I.P MHGen CB), Heavy-bowgun, Light-bowgun, Bow, Sword and Shield, Hammer and Hunting-horn.

My cousin introduced me to MH many years ago. I didn't like the game at all.. It was hard because he picked a quest for me with Plesioth in it... Them hipchecks were able to distort time and space, and hit you anywhere man! 10 kms away? No problem. I couldn't get into it then until I met MH4U. I love 4U eventually mastered it, to the point that I can solo 140 monsters mostly the elder dragons. In 4u i prefer to hunt my bois Rajang, Deviljho, and Teostra.

I want MH Gen Ultimate but i've yet to purchase a Switch because of financial issues but one day.
#MHXXfortheWest

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
You have officially been added! Welcome to the club! :D

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
11,088 posts
5.1 Years
Aaaaaaaaah it's out tomorrow! I am actually really looking forward to it...initially I was hesitant about playing it, because I didn't want to pick up where I left off 2 years ago and starting again sounded like HELL when I consider how awkward it was to do some things (unlocking Coal Hearted, Out of the Fry Pan in general, etc) but I'm pretty excited to be starting again...only with a lot more knowledge than I had when I first started Gen. Watching some speed runners I might actually give Adept or Aerial LBG a try; Aerial has been buffed a bit in MHGU and Adept style is just plain broken.

I might make a Discord to co-ordinate hunts, if anyone is interested. Playing with random people isn't too bad much of the time, but playing with people you know and can co-ordinate with is often a much more enjoyable experience.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
There already exists a monster hunter discord run buy the MH reddit but i'm down if you want to orchestrate hunts via our on discord or even on the forums! But first, let me make a big'ol fancy post announcing it hehe!

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Monster Hunter
Club ★ Update

MONSTER HUNTER GENERATIONS ULTIMATE
releases tomorrow august 28th, 2018

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
11,088 posts
5.1 Years
I'm actually too intimidated by the reddit MH Discord to post in it, and I'm not part of the PC Discord anymore for a couple of reasons. xD;

To start a random topic...what is everyone's favourite monster theme? I am getting very fond of Ahtal-Ka's third phase, although it's hard to top Deviljho's.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
I felt the same way about the MH Discord, but once I settled in they were really nice to me! I mean, I think people were more interested in the fact that I am a girl and not a skilled hunter but shrug.

Oh the Shagaru Magala theme, without a doubt. It’s literally my favorite out of all the themes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTK2jffviY

inb4 someone says khezu

Kasreygan

Male
Ultra Space
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted January 2nd, 2019
55 posts
2.1 Years
That huuge poster brings tears to my eyes... *Sniffle* I won't be getting it anytime soon...I want my blankie! I want my blankie!

But seriously you guys should download Ping's dex to see what your current weapons upgrade to in MHGU. Might help y'all decide if you should continue on that upgrade path etc.

Teostra Theme is the best followed by Mizutsune and Valfalk.
#MHXXfortheWest

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
11,088 posts
5.1 Years
inb4 someone says khezu
Speaking of Khezu...have you ever seen a freshly hatched one from Monster Hunter Stories? It's the cutest thing ever somehow. xD

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
omg yes! And those little Khezu Whelps you can sometimes find in quests are cute af too.

But the moment it grows up? Ew...

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
11,088 posts
5.1 Years
I love how they have a permanent :D (or just D?) face, haha. Khezu is somehow more endearing than Gigginox, which is even more hideous despite being a pretty similar design.

Pretty sure Gigginox won't let you wield it's entire head as a hammer, though. xD

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Well hey, nevermind the Khezu! WHO ELSE GOT GENERATIONS ULTIMATE TODAY???????

Advertiser Content