• 282 replies

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Yeah I’m curious to know too, I’d do lots of things before ever restarting my MH game (save if a new one comes out).

Frequency

...Time to mix drinks and change lives.

The Boundary
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1,113 posts
10.6 Years
Yoooooo MHS has always been great fun! How far along are you?
I just recently made it to Oasum. I spent a lot of time fishing for Rare Dens tbh so I've been snail pacing like crazy lmao.

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 9 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,087 posts
5.1 Years
I guess I started again because it's been such a long time since I actually started...I mean, my original save file I carried over from Gen with most of the content done, and I hadn't touched it in about a year. I hadn't touched MHGU for about six months prior, and I had no idea what I was doing. I was about halfway through building Prowlers, weapon sets, etc. I could also barely use Striker SnS anymore, which was my main...it was like I'd lost all skill. So I just...started again. Plus playing as a male instead of female this time gives me a chance to try out some new armours! Generally I prefer female armour because male armour is almost universally bulky and bland, but I might find something I like eventually.

It gives me a chance to learn a new weapon in a more balanced way, too.

That said...I actually managed to beat Trial at the Pinnacle on my main file the other day with Adept LBG, and my frustration with that was the whole reason I stopped playing in the first place! So now I'm not sure, haha. I can't see Adept LBG being viable for multi-monster quests (Gold and Silver chewed through my stock of Latchberries and it took me around 30 minutes to kill them both - and this was capturing them, too - so with a quest like Ultimate Generation...yeeeah...) so I might try learning Valor Greatsword now instead. It's the only weapon asides from Hunting Horn I haven't tried using yet, because I am generally put off slower weapons.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
I guess I started again because it's been such a long time since I actually started...I mean, my original save file I carried over from Gen with most of the content done, and I hadn't touched it in about a year. I hadn't touched MHGU for about six months prior, and I had no idea what I was doing. I was about halfway through building Prowlers, weapon sets, etc. I could also barely use Striker SnS anymore, which was my main...it was like I'd lost all skill. So I just...started again. Plus playing as a male instead of female this time gives me a chance to try out some new armours! Generally I prefer female armour because male armour is almost universally bulky and bland, but I might find something I like eventually.

It gives me a chance to learn a new weapon in a more balanced way, too.

That said...I actually managed to beat Trial at the Pinnacle on my main file the other day with Adept LBG, and my frustration with that was the whole reason I stopped playing in the first place! So now I'm not sure, haha. I can't see Adept LBG being viable for multi-monster quests (Gold and Silver chewed through my stock of Latchberries and it took me around 30 minutes to kill them both - and this was capturing them, too - so with a quest like Ultimate Generation...yeeeah...) so I might try learning Valor Greatsword now instead. It's the only weapon asides from Hunting Horn I haven't tried using yet, because I am generally put off slower weapons.
Fair enough. I also made a second character for the sake of testing male armors and using new weapons, but I'm just way too attached to my main.

I definitely recommend Hunting Horn though. Specifically Adept or Striker. As as adamant user of all fast paced weapons, HH is the only slow weapon I've made an exception for because it's just so versatile for online play. You can really use more strategy than just "big weapon hit monster". The general shtick is just so much fun, imo!

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
Hunting Horn users are so much fun to have in the party online. Them buffs are really sexy. Too bad few people seem to play it though.

I just recently made it to Oasum. I spent a lot of time fishing for Rare Dens tbh so I've been snail pacing like crazy lmao.
What's your party so far?
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Pink Rathian or bust. o/

Frequency

...Time to mix drinks and change lives.

The Boundary
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1,113 posts
10.6 Years
What's your party so far?
At present;

A Rathian, Nerscylla, Barroth, Zamtrios, and a Gendrome.

I low-key lucked up on dens and actually own a Pink Rathian and a Shrouded Nerscylla, but I haven't met the rarity requirements to use them lmao.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Not sure whether to post this in Gen 8 memes or here, lol.

evolves into

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
I beat Ahtal-Ka today. Pretty cool fight.

Now I just have a zillion things to do now that I've broken hunter rank again lol
Nah ンン

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Congrats! What's your HR now? :) Also DEFINITELY make the Ahtal-Ka weapons too, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
Congrats! What's your HR now? :) Also DEFINITELY make the Ahtal-Ka weapons too, I promise you won't be disappointed!
57 is I think what it jumped to after I beat it. I think I have just enough materials to make one of the weapons, so I can do that first thing today.
Nah ンン

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Sweet! You spent a lot of time hunting before fighting that mantis! :o I'm not 100% on Ahtal-Ka's gimmick, what with the big automaton, but the pay offs far outweigh the disadvantages imo.

The Ahtal-Ka weapons are, by far, some of the best non-Deviant weapons in the game. Even completely un-upgraded, they do proper work on G-Rank monsters. Obvious bias is obvious but the Dual Blades and the Long Sword are both ridiculously satisfying, especially if you pair it with Razor Sharp or Speed Sharpening. What armor did you use going into the fight?

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
Ceanataur GX, with the Astalos SnS. Took a few tries and had to bring combines for mega potions for the first time in forever to get it done.
Nah ンン

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Ceanataur is definitely going to serve you well if you do make the Neset stuff! Just be prepared to grind forever for an Alluring Gem, rip.

And idk maybe I'm just, like, overly cautious but I always bring Max Potions, Mega Potions, Potions, Honey, Life Powder, and Dust of Life with me when I hunt?? Even when it's a LR hunt?? I feel like it's just good practice, tbh. As long as I'm not using Gunner or SnS (and it's not a capture quest), I pretty much always carry the above items, Dash Juice, Ancient Potion, Energy Drink, Adamant/Might Seeds, and Demon Drugs. Inventory feels naked without them lol.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
Y'all see that Acidic Glavenus???

h o l y s h i t
Spoiler:

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
i am ready to die in its arms

its tiny, sulfur coated arms

But really, it's cool that not only are they bringing back Glavenus for Iceborne, but giving it a new variant too. Can't wait to see what the equipment from the two of them is like. Looks like they (or at least the Acidic version) has a good bit of new moves too, so that should be fun.
Nah ンン

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years
i am ready to die in its arms

its tiny, sulfur coated arms
It must have been something it said~

Yeah I thought the whole tail plunge at the player was absolutely sick. These are the things I wish they'd bring to Generations because I'm at the point of getting no hit Hellblade G5. :/ Not to humble brag but this Glavenus looks really, really cool and the moveset looks to much more diverse! I'd love to see what they'd do with the fated four if they ever end up in World.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted October 2nd, 2019
887 posts
1.4 Years
so my sd card corrupted for no fricken reason.

Which means MHG was wiped. Also mhst

Which sucks.

I started it back up tho, and so far I have beaten the great maccao, and done some online stuff

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
ooh that sucks, your save data getting wiped like that

how much did you lose?
Nah ンン

Midnight Umbreon

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted October 2nd, 2019
887 posts
1.4 Years
ooh that sucks, your save data getting wiped like that

how much did you lose?
Not much tbh. I was only hr 3. What I'm slightly more upset about tho is stories. I was at my peak, I had all the good armor and soon I was gonna try to kill the fatalis.
In gen tho, right now I'm asking various randoms to kill the gore with me.

Midnight Umbreon

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted October 2nd, 2019
887 posts
1.4 Years
Hey, I'm online now and trying to farm Gore right now I'm MHGen, if anyone with him unlocked wants to
Play, your welcome to

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
3,501 posts
6.6 Years
So I decided to buy World after getting nice deal on it. Haven't played it yet, but I'm slowly thinking about what weapon to main. I only ever used Great Swords, but I would love to try Bows or Insect Glaives. Or maybe regular Sword and Shield. Help me decide...

And as for my MH4U run, I just beat my first Pink Rathian on third attempt.

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
So I decided to buy World after getting nice deal on it. Haven't played it yet, but I'm slowly thinking about what weapon to main. I only ever used Great Swords, but I would love to try Bows or Insect Glaives. Or maybe regular Sword and Shield. Help me decide...
I guess just try them out and see what clicks with you best
Nah ンン

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,106 posts
8.5 Years

And as for my MH4U run, I just beat my first Pink Rathian on third attempt.
Sweet! I always felt like looking at weapon speeds will give you a good idea of what weapons work for you, and are a great way to introduce yourself to faster/slower weapons as you go. I've always had a preference for fast weapons, and the Insect Glaive is fantastic for that. I definitely recommend it if you want to jump into the speedy weapon pool. If not, something in the medium speed range might fit better since you're more skilled with a Great Sword! Charge Blade is definitely one to look at. :)

Congratulations! <3 I think Pink Rathian is my favorite monster next to the darling Dreadqueen herself. Actually, funny story, the first time I used an Insect Glaive was against a Pink Rathian on one of those expedition quests. And wooooow I got wrecked so hard for like the first ten hunts lmao. I didn't even use the Kinsect against her, iirc.

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
3,501 posts
6.6 Years
Sweet! I always felt like looking at weapon speeds will give you a good idea of what weapons work for you, and are a great way to introduce yourself to faster/slower weapons as you go. I've always had a preference for fast weapons, and the Insect Glaive is fantastic for that. I definitely recommend it if you want to jump into the speedy weapon pool. If not, something in the medium speed range might fit better since you're more skilled with a Great Sword! Charge Blade is definitely one to look at. :)
Thanks for the advice. I was looking at both Charge Blade and Switch Axe, but they both seemed really complicated with all the charging and switching. I think I'll spend few hours just switching between several weapons to see the one that fits me the most.
Advertiser Content