• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Team Spirit (IC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
TEAM SPIRIT
Once upon a time, in an alternate universe...
The world is vast, and full of possibilities. Perhaps the biggest and most exciting of which is to enter the Pokémon League. Each year, new and old teams register at the Pokémon Centers to start their journey to qualify for the prestigious Evergrande Tournament in the east. Only teams who can beat all 11 official Hoenn gyms with at least one of their original team members left, get to enter the tournament. That achievement requires a grand journey across the whole region. Do you have what it takes?

Click here for OOC thread!

Pok%C3%A9mon.full.1802321.jpg

The Players
adventure
Team "The Withinners" : Rhaksoul (Kadabra), Metra (Scizor), Staro (Staryu)​

PsyCatTheSkitty :
Team "The Sanguine" : Jax/Vic (Zoroark), Cupro (Charmander)​

Maid Megido :
Team "The Sanguine" : Rhajat (Sableye)​

OmegaPinkMan :
Team "Lux" : Aurea (Kirlia), Eobard (Gastly), Dinah (Eevee)​

Ishymata :
Team "The Shifting Claw" : Jasper (Weavile), Captain Juniper (Absol)​

Saiyakitsune :
Team "Storming Fang" : Rain (Kirlia), Mei (Poochyena)​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Petalburg City
Well, we've gotta start somewhere.
Our story follows a number of battle teams who decide to start their journey in Petalburg City. Petalburg is a middlesized town in Hoenn, with only a few notable sights and features. One is the large city park with a lake where rumors say that Freefolk water pokémon live at the bottom. Another is some old ruins to the north of the city, where supposedly there was a Gym once upon a time, but now there falls a curse over anybody who dares to enter the ruin grounds. Supposedly.

chansey.gif
There is a standard issue Pokémon Center here, where plenty of pokémon work. It functions as a free hostel for registered Battle Teams in the Pokémon League. Of course it's not the fanciest, and since each room holds 6-10 beds, sometimes teams have to share rooms with other teams during the night, if it's busy.

poochyena.gif
To the east lies Route 102, which is a pleasant countryside route with some forest. It's not too far to Oldale Town, which is probably a bit too sleepy to be of any interest to Battle Teams. Route 102 isn't known to have any notable Freefolk population. Perhaps there are good areas here for training, however, before heading west to the first gym in Rustboro City!

GM note: You may now start RPing wherever you like in Petalburg City. If you like to interact, just have your characters start in or arrive at the same place as somebody else. Co-ordinate in the OOC thread if needed. You are free to invent any buildings, bars, schools, shops or city-like institutions you'd like - Petalburg is just a standard small city where pokémon live as humans would.

When anybody feels like their team is ready to leave town and move west, let me know in the OOC thread!

Last edited:

Nove Nu-Vonde

( acquaintances become antiquated )
Years
(Looks like I'll be first post! .3.)

"Come again soon!" Behind them an Audino waved Jax and Rhajat off cheerfully as the pair left the pharmacy, a small bell ringing as the door closed behind them. Slung across his shoulder was a leather explorer's pack, now stocked with plenty of super Potions and other various goods they'd gotten earlier in the day.

Greeting the two as they stepped outside was the warm summer sun, which bathed the entirety of Petalburg in its light. Jax squinted and shook his head with agitation as it met him, the bright light soaking into his dark fur and heating him up like an oven while it assaulted his sensitive, night adjusted eyes. "Damn 'perfect' weather," he grumbled as he reached down into his bag and pulled out a pair of Black Glasses, slipping them on over his pointed snout. "Would it kill, uh, whoever's up there to give us a couple clouds every once in awhile?" Grumbling to himself, Jax gestured for Rhajat to follow him with a flick of his claw as he stepped out onto the sidewalk and began walking north with no real goal in mind. All he knew was that he was sick of shopping and hoped that the supplies they'd gathered would last them for a good while, long enough to spare them shopping again for at least a week.

It had been hard, readjusting to his old lifestyle. He'd almost forgotten why he left to live with the freefolk in the first place, but it was all coming back to him now that he was in this new team. The hustle and bustle of city life was not for him, nor were the suspicious and wary glances cast his and Rhajat's way by untrusting urbans. He couldn't imagine his apprentice was enjoying it much more herself, either, especially given that unlike him she had no experience in the urban world. This was what they had signed up for though, after all, and there was no backing out now. Well, actually they could—they hadn't even attempted to fight a single gym yet, let alone make a name for themselves, but Jax could never swallow his pride and do something like that. Not that Vic would let him, but that was besides the point.

"Well, now that all that shopping is done, thank Arceus and all that is holy for that, I suppose we should find a better way to spend our time than just, y'know, aimless wandering," he mused aloud as he found a bench and plopped down, grabbing Rhajat and pulling her up to join him. He pulled a map of Petalburg from his bag, a cheap piece of paper he'd picked up at the Pokecenter, and studied it. "Uhh, let's see… well, there's this, I guess." He pointed to a big green lump in the north-west corner of the map. "'Maren Park.' We should, uh, probably get some training in before heading up to Rustboro, I think. A park seems as good a place as any to do that. N-no messing around though!" He said, taking a sudden stern tone, or at least as close to one as Jax could manage with his loud and disjointed voice. "This is strictly a training visit, no going around… pranking or whatever it is you do when I'm not looking."

As abruptly as he had sat down, Jax put away the map and jumped up to make his way toward Maren Park without waiting for any kind of agreement or acknowledgement from his partner. At the very least it wasn't very far, thankfully. In all their travels through town, the two had coincidentally already been heading towards the park the whole time. It wasn't long before Jax could see it in the distance, sprawling and green, with a sparkling blue lake smack in the center. He could see that the Sanguine weren't the first to have the bright idea to train there, and several other battle teams were scattered about, casually training with themselves and each other. Hopefully him and Rhajat would be lucky enough to find a secluded spot of their own. Social interaction was far from his strong suit.

Years
A wonderful sunny summer day. It was perhaps a little warm, but it is nothing that the residents of Hoenn couldn't handle. Everyone went on with their day as usual. There were a few strange characters that have popped up recently, but most of the citizens of Petalburg decided to ignore them for the most part. And although there were also some freefolks walking around they weren't doing anything unruly. Yet at least. Other than that, the day seemed to prove to be uneventful day--

"HELLO PETALBURG CITY!"

Anyone close to the East entrance of Petalburg turned to see a Kirlia standing proud with an arrogant smirk on her face and a Expert Belt tied onto her left arm and an irritated Poochyena standing right next to the Kirlia. So much for a quiet day apparently. The Poochyena kicks the emotion Pokemon in her knee, causing her to yelp in surprise pain.

"Do you have to be so loud?" Mei asked, her ears still somewhat rining from that shout. "We don't need the entire city to know we're here."

Rain, the Kirlia, grins at her little dark-type friend before ruffling the fur on her head which only irritated her even more. "Aw come on, Mei! Live a little. It's not gonna hurt anyone if I scream to the heavens." The dark type grumbled 'says you . . .' under her breath, and was unheard from Rain. "And besides, we gotta start making a name for ourselves. Hm, now where's that Pokemon Center."

Ishymata

Ruined Soul
Years
As the city of Petalburg was going about its business and people began to arrive, looking around for whatever would suit their fancy, two more Pokemon came from the trees of the surrounding forest, the two shadows observing everything from afar at first. It wasn't a particularly odd or different kind of day in this city.

One of them spoke up, crimson gaze drifting toward the other. "I wanna go down already. See if there's something worth making off with. Trees are boring. People are more fun." She said, mumbling something about an empty stomach as well. The other figure hummed and looked from side to side, scanning what he could see before speaking as well.

"I suppose we can go down. It doesn't look very dangerous as far as I can tell. Just stay behind me, and take that damned eye patch off! You look like a goofball." He said, hopping down. He wasn't very large or tall, either, the Weavile being rather short and scrawny. The other shape dropped down as well, being a bit thicker and larger than the first. The Absol had the regular stark white fur with a long, black horn jutting out from one head but over her left eye was a black cloth eye patch.

"No! A pirate cannot be in practice without an eye patch or any other type of pirating accessory. It's a rule." She said, turning away and walking toward the city, leaving the Weavile to run to catch up to her once more.

"You're an odd one, Juniper. I'll give you that. Anyway, let's just wander about and try to find something interesting. Who knows? Maybe you'll get a leg cut off? You could replace your eye patch with a hunk of wood." He chuckled and followed the Absol, the two observing their surroundings.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
The Feisty Pinsir wasn't too busy during daytime. Like any pub, it still had its regulars coming in at their regular times though. One of the newer ones was currently leaning on the counter with a heavy posture. Eyes closed, wings folded, both red elbows resting against the wood, pincers gripping a tall glass of strong nectar. The barman knew by now not to give her alcohol. Not even in the evenings. The imposing Scizor came here to seemingly meditate before her training. The strong nectar would make weaker pokémon extremely hyper, but this fighter gained focus from it, or so she claimed. Considering how much of the substance he had fed her over the past days though, the barman wondered if she could ever get energized from anything else anymore.

In the corner of the pub was a group of local pokémon. The kind who considered this their bar and liked to look at newcomers with condescending gazes. They usually didn't pose any real problem, but the barman had been having his eyes on them for the last hour, as their gazes had been unusually focused on the red battler at the counter. Probably because there was almost nobody else here right now.

Uh-oh. One of them, a bulky Primeape male, was getting up. He walked slowly towards the counter, a smug grin plastered to his face, his buddies chuckling in the background. The barman let a pair of experienced tentacles sneak onto the table behind the counter while his front tentacles were still polishing a glass like they had been for the past minute. If something happened, he'd be able to jump up and intervene in a split second.

Primeape sat down on a stool, a bit too close to the Scizor for what decent strangers would feel comfortable with.

"Another round, Mitch!" his raspy voice told the barman, who nodded nonchalantly and used some additional tentacles to pour up a number of simple beers for the group.

Scizor hadn't moved an inch.

"Hey, bug lady," Primeape said more loudly. "You still breathing or did that non-alcoholic drink kill you?"

He was rewarded by laughter from his buds in the corner.

She replied without opening her eyes: "Still breathing. And a sip from this drink would likely kill you, sir."

Primeape just laughed. "Hey. You, uh, you like it here? In Petalburg?"

"Not particularly, no," she replied quickly and then actually opened her eyes and turned to face him. Her expression was blank. "I'm sorry, is there a point to this conversation?"

The pig ape looked a little bit taken aback at first, but recovered. "We were simply wondering if this fine lady bug would like to sit with us instead of alone up here, hehe."

More laughter from the corner.

"I see. I'll have to decline that offer." With that, she turned back to her drink and chugged the rest of it down. The barman winced slightly at the sight. That's gotta give even her a rush.

"Ah, don't be like that, lady! We're really nice guys," Primeape said with the greatest tone of sympathy he apparently could muster. He put his hand on Scizor's shoulder.

Uh-oh. The tentacles the barman leaned against the table tensed up, ready to jump. He could see a muscle in Scizor's face twitch. She was predictable after all.

The next thing that happened, however, was that a gust of wind hit all three of them in the face. They blinked, and realized that a pokémon that was most definitely not Urban, now stood beside them at the bar. The Staryu made no further sound nor movement, but remained balancing atop one of the stools.

Primeape looked beyond himself with disgust, a bit too much so to be able to find words quite yet. The barman glanced at Scizor, who actually just sighed. Fine, then.

"Can I get you anything?" he offered the newcomer.

Staryu's core blinked once.

"That means - excuse me sir, do you mind," Scizor said and moved away from Primeape's coarse fist. "It means yes."

She knew this creature, then. "What does, uh, it drink?" the barman asked.

"He would probably like a beer. Alcohol soothes him," Scizor said and started moving towards the entrance. "And make it quick, please?"

The large Tentacruel behind the bar nodded and poured a simple lager up in a glass. After putting it on the bar in front of the Freefolker, he observed together with the increasingly enraged Primeape how Staryu dipped one of his arms into the drink and sucked it all up in a matter of seconds. Its core started glowing more intensively, and it gave up a mysterious, sort of bubbly sound before it was gone in another gust of wind, out the door.

"Put it up on my tab, Mitch," Scizor said before she left as well.

The barman nodded and finally relaxed. The tentacles that had been ready to jump, slipped back down onto the ground.​

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Team Lux
Aurea, Eobard & Dinah
Petalburg City
A New Beginning!

Eobard sighed. Ever since his sister Aurea had asked him to come along with her on a journey, he had been itching to go on fun adventures. But things weren't quite the way he thought they would be. First, his sister and team leader insisted on earning completely everything; no money from the family fortune. And he didn't find the small trek to Petalburg City particularly amusing. Sheesh. But now, his sister's friend who was also coming along objected to what he considered the first fun part of the adventure –exploring the ruins to the north. Apparently, Dinah could sense an ominous presence, and the older Fortune sibling was outvoted 2 to 1 on that. The 'fun adventures' would have to wait.

"So, what's the plan, then, sis?" he asked.

"Well, according to Dad, our next stop would have to be…" the Kirlia replied, checking a map of the Hoenn region, "Rustboro City. We have to go west and through Petalburg Woods."

"Okay. Any dangers there, Dinah?" he asked sarcastically. The Eevee chose not to reply.

"Come on, Eobard." Aurea said, "Don't be such a child."

"I'm just joking! Relax!" he said, and glared at Dinah. Party pooper…

"So, Aurea. Do you want to take a look around town before we head there?" Dinah said, "I think there's a park nearby, many Pokémon look like they're going over there. Maybe we can talk to them, make some friends?"

Eobard yawned. "I dunno… I'm kinda beat. That long trip from home to here took a lot outta me…"

Aurea rolled her eyes. She hated to admit it considering how her brother hadn't been taking the journey very seriously, but she had to agree with him there. It was her first day of adventure after all, and the trip from Slateport to Petalburg had indeed been a long one. Before she could realize, a yawn escaped her mouth, and, as if it was contagious, Dinah yawned after that. "Never mind. Let's catch some Z's." the Eevee said, and the trio headed for the Pokémon center; with Aurea leading the way. Eobard giggled. He was giddy that he got away with that. And .

The next morning, they were greeted by the warm summer sunlight as they left the Pokémon Center. All three looked refreshed, and ready for a thrill. "Well, what do you say we get to that park I was talking about last night and make some friends?" Dinah suggested.

"That's a good idea. We can even get someone to tag along with us!" Aurea said. "What do you say, Eobard?"

"Yeah, sure, why not." Eobard replied less than enthusiastically.

"Great! Let's get moving, then!" the Kirlia said.

The trio made their way northwest, to Maren Park. As they walked the three could hear someone shouting from far away, quite enthusiastically. Eobard chuckled. "Now, there's someone looking for some real adventures!" His sister and her friend said nothing, and the three reached the park after a few minutes.

Nove Nu-Vonde

Years
It was a long and grueling training session, to say the least, as the Sanguine made an effort to train and failed somewhat miserably. "Let's try again," Jax growled. "Alright, use, uh, Fury Swipes on me. No more hiding and burning and the like!" Rhajat sighed, but complied, extending her tiny pointed claws and leaping forward at her mentor, ready to strike. He braced himself or the Sableye's assault, and winced as the first swipe dug deep into his fur and met flesh, drawing a few drops of blood. It wasn't enough to faze him, however, and before any more hits could be made on him Jax reached down with his own claws and threw her off of him with a comical thud. A frown spread across his face, pointed teeth partially bared as he let out a long and exasperated groan. "No! Y-you're doing it wrong! If I can ward off your attacks that easily, then so's a, uh, a gym leader!"

"I don't think this is working," Rhajat grumbled as she stood back up and shook the dirt off of her. "My strategies have done just fine in the past. Why is it we're training like this?" The small purple ghost crossed her arms and glared up at Jax, eyes gleaming as the sun shone through them like prisms.

"Well, because… because I said so!" Jax barked, before throwing his arms up in defeat and flopping down in the grass. He could sense his temper getting out of control, as it always seemed to, but it seemed so hard to keep calm when everything rubbed his fur the exact wrong way. He wasn't too good at this whole mentor thing. Vic was a lot better suited towards training a tricky ghost like Rhajat than he was, as much as he hated admitting Vic was good for anything. He wanted to just tell her to do what he did and keep training her strength, but that clearly wasn't working. "I'm, uh… sorry." He conceded. "I just… it seems so inefficient for you to run around spamming Confuse Ray and Will O Wisp like a hyped up Ninetales! Just, I don't know, go do something else for awhile. I need a minute." Jax waved Rhajat off with a flustered sigh, trying to compose himself as he lay there in the grass. She shook her head with mild annoyance before walking off, presumably to go do… whatever she did in her free time. Probably literally go take candy from a baby or something like that. He wouldn't put it past her anyways.

For a while he didn't move from his position in the grass, lost in his own thoughts. He didn't know what he was going to do. Jax and Rhajat could barely make any progress in the comfort of a park on their own time. How on earth were they going to even put a dent in a gym leader? His thoughts were interrupted, though, by the loud chattering of a nearby team. His head popped up to see a new team had entered the park—a Kirlia, Eevee, and Gastly, the latter of which seeming the least enthused of the three. Well that made two of them.

He felt a finger twitch, and instinctively he sat up. Nervously he ran his hands through his hair. "Nn-no. Go away. Leave them alone," he hissed quietly, shaking his head as a shiver ran down his spine. But it was too late for Jax. Vic had already decided he would make these three his business for Arceus knew what.

A toothy grin spread across his face as he slowly stood up. His fur took a hazy, ethereal appearance, light bending around it as if it wasn't even real, before melting into the form of a Clefable. He adjusted his Black Glasses, causing them to disappear as well. He glanced around quickly, scanning the area for Rhajat, who didn't seem to be around at the moment. She couldn't have been far, he imagined. She was self sufficient enough anyways, and Vic trusted she could handle herself regardless of wherever or whatever she'd gotten into. So, that in mind, he ran off to meet the other team. "Ah, my fellow friendly fae!" He said with faux excitement, waving the Kirlia down. "Phantom and vulpine as well, I see? You appear to be new around here. Even a new team, perhaps? I happen to be looking for a team to join myself!" He lied through his teeth. "Would you object to my company, for at least a day? To see what team life is like, of course."

Ishymata

Ruined Soul
Years
The duo walked around for a while, shifting eyes scanning from the left to the right to memorize landmarks and locations. Some kind of bar with what appeared to be a rather annoyed Scizor following a Staryu. What an odd place. Jasper needed to wrench Juniper's attention away from the Steel/Bug type to get her to move forward. As they continued to walk the Absol hummed lightly.

"Say, Jasper. What're we gonna do without any money? You insisted on leaving all your treasure at home and we've got nothing to buy any food or drink with. We don't even have cash for temporary housing." She pointed out, the Weavile freezing in place before giving it a bit of thought and grinning.

"Well... we could certainly 'find' some cash if we're crafty enough. I think it should be easy for us, especially with how good you've gotten at pick-pocketing." He said, smiling to the captain. With that in mind they set off into a group of people in a hurry to go to their jobs. Along the way the Absol scanned the crowd and tripped, bumping into someone and falling to the ground.

"Ow! Watch where you're going, you dolt! I should throw you off port side for that!" She said, the stranger hastily apologizing before rushing away. After the incident she looked to Jasper. "You get it?"

The Weavile was holding a wallet between his claws with a wide smile. "Yeah. Not very heavy but it's got some money in it. Probably enough for some cheap food. We should do something that's free for now." The first thing that came to mind was training out in the wild but he was quickly hushed by the Absol.

"We should totally go to the park! Doesn't cost any cash to go to parks." She said, pointing to a directory sign. Jasper tried bringing up how un-pirate like that was but Captain Juniper Welsh wouldn't have any of that! She lead the rather indifferent Weavile toward the park, the wallet being shoved into the pocket of a bag for later.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Scizors are known to be strong pokémon. Not always the speediest, but certainly deadly when they want to be. Sometimes also when they don't mean to be. Their pincers aren't the best for shaking hands with new acquaintances.

Metra had not been a Scizor for too long. Flying on wings through the air was still a fresh enough memory. Flapping her small wings now was more like taking a deep breath than diving into the sky above; they couldn't carry her massive body. She tried not to think about it too much. It made her depressed. Scizors were known for other things, and she was going to learn how to be one. Properly.

Unfortunately, that involved putting up with this weird Freefolker for a while. The Staryu was rolling along on the road just ahead of her. She didn't ask where they were going, she just trusted and followed him. Not that she actually trusted him. But the Kadabra did. And she trusted the Kadabra.

Staryu stopped at the Petalburg City park, locally known as the Maren Park. It was large, with plenty of spots for tourists, relaxing locals... And battling team training. Metra nodded, half to her companion, half to herself. She was ready for training. The nectar had pumped her body up and she wasn't going to waste the energy on being a tourist.

"Where is he?" she asked her team member.

The Staryu blinked twice. He didn't know, or he didn't want to respond. Fine then. Metra started walking into the park, following the main path. A gentle breeze made the trees shudder and wave at her, and her wings flapped up by them selves, to catch the fresh air. She could sense the Staryu following her, rolling slowly after her on the stone path. Had they devised a test for her? She put her senses on alert.

The first thing that caught her attention, was an Absol walking just ahead of them. It was wearing an eye-pad and was talking cheerfully to a sneaky looking, tiny Weavile. What an odd couple. Absol weren't often seen in Urban settings, as they were somewhat feared by plenty of superstitious people for bringing bad luck and disasters. Metra didn't want to be superstitious, but something about that Absol made her feel on edge. Could they be part of her team leader's test? Had he plented a mental alert on them somehow, using his annoying magical powers, to make her notice them for some reason?

Not superstitious, perhaps. But very paranoid, this Scizor could be. She quietly followed the Absol and Weavile duo through the park, pincers at the ready. The Staryu was right behind her.

Ishymata

Ruined Soul
Years
The two just seemed to be lazing and relaxing in the park, the Weavile occasionally hopping into a tree to try and snag a fruit or two for them. The two of them had never seen fruit this large on the trees! Usually the berries were picked before they were ready by greedy members of their respective tribes just so the others couldn't have them. Never given time to ripen... always a shame.

They ended up walking near the treeline quite a bit, the Weavile holding his fruit in one hand whilst the Absol bit through hers and held it with her mouth, tossing it up to catch it when she needed to switch sides. After a few minutes of this her fur began to stand on end and she began to look around.

Tossing the fruit onto the ground, cored and everything, she spoke. "Jasper... you ever get the feeling that you're being watched?" She asked, her cautious gaze scanning the treeline and park for any unwanted attention.

The Weavile shrugged. "Yeah but it's usually halved due to my watchers wearing an eyepatch." This earned him a rather heavy paw against the back of his head as he laughed, nearly tearing up. Afterward he suddenly adjourned a serious expression, his eyes locking with those of a Scizor. "Now that you mention it. I believe someone has taken an interest. Over there at about seven thirty."

The Absol turned and met her gaze as well, her fur standing up even more. "I've seen her before. Something is odd about her. I don't know how to put it." No-one called out to the other party, just standing still and gauging whether or not they needed to book it out of there or not. Those pincers looked as if they could smash through rock.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Team Lux
Aurea, Eobard & Dinah
Maren Park – Petalburg City
A New Friend?

"Ah, my fellow friendly fae! Phantom and vulpine as well, I see? You appear to be new around here. Even a new team, perhaps? I happen to be looking for a team to join myself! Would you object to my company, for at least a day? To see what team life is like, of course."

Not long after entering Maren Park, they were spotted by an odd and friendly Clefable. The Pokémon took Aurea completely by surprise –she wasn't expected to find a new ally so quickly! Perhaps a seasoned adventurer would think twice about partnering up with random stangers, however, this wasn't the case.

Dinah's ears twitched, as if she was sensing something was off about the guy. Eobard stared blankly. What a weirdo… he thought, then spoke up.

"Okay, Pinky, here's the situation." he said arrogantly, "We are indeed open for recruitment, however, it's not like anyone can join, okay?"

"Shh! Eobard!" Dinah scolded him. Eobard rolled his eyes.

"Alright, I get it, Aurea calls the shots. I don't. Whatever." he said and turned to his sister, "Sis, just make sure this guy won't hold us back and I'm game."

"Okay…" Aurea said, "What do you say, Dinah?"

"I don't know. I mean, I'm not sure…" Dinah said. Something inside her told her not to trust this stranger, but then again, meeting new Pokémon was part of this whole journey thing she had signed up for. "It's up to you, I guess."

Aurea nodded. "It's settled then. You can come along." she said to the Clefable with a smile. "What's your name, by the way?"

Years
"Why do we even need to go to a Pokemon Center anyway?" Mei asked her leader as the two walked towards the red roofed building. "Neither of us are hurt and I know you can rough it in the woods so why waste time?"

Rain quickened her pace until she made it into the Pokemon Center, enjoying the AC that hits her face. The kirlia grins as she scans the main room until her eye spots her target. "Well, little miss roughhouse, we wouldn't need to come here if it weren't for the fact that you chewed through my map. So! We need a new map of Hoenn so we'll know where we're going and not get lost like a bunch of kids."

"Next time don't have your map out in the open." Mei retorted, earning her a whack to her head. "Hey!"

"You chewed through my bag!" Rain yelled/whispered so that she wouldn't draw too much attention in the Pokemon Center. No need to get kicked out. "Which reminds me. We're gonna need to get a new bag before we leave so we can stock up on supplies. But first! We're heading to the park."

"The park?" Mei questioned, rubbing her head with her right paw. "Why would we go to a bastardization of a forest and meadow?"

"Because." Rain answered before leaving the center, nose deep in the map. Irritated beyond belief, Mei followed her beloved leader, hoping that she'll actually explain her reasoning.

"From what my old man told me," Rain began, pausing mid step to look at her surrounding before continuing on with more vigor. "the park at Petalburg City is a great place to meet strong Pokemon. We can probably get a third teammate or even fight some strong Pokemon! Doesn't that sound awesome?"

Mei rolled her eyes, seeing the gate to the park ahead of them. "Annoying sounds like the better word."

The Kirlia stuck her tongue out at the Bite Pokemon. "Hush, you. We can at the very least get some traveling buddies. Look! There's a scizor and a staryu over there! When's the last time you saw Pokemon like them?" Mei grunted in response which did nothing to Rain's attitude, the two young 'mons making their way to the park.

Nove Nu-Vonde

Years
A pleased grin spread across Vic's face when he heard the team's positive response, even if the other members didn't seem quite as excited as their leader Kirlia was to accept him. He wasn't picky, as even an unwelcome addition was still an addition. It wasn't like he was going to be stuck with the three for very long anyways. He hoped, at least. This was going to be a cakewalk, he figured—so long as Jax didn't get in the way, though he liked to consider himself a lot better at staying in control than his less stable, shouty counterpart. It was the usual routine for him and Rhajat, and being so used to working as a team with her almost forgot he was alone this time. Only when he looked to his left only to see there was nothing but grass where she'd normally stand by his side did Vic remember he was solo. He furrowed his brow, his faux smile just so slightly faltering as he wondered where the freefolk ghost was. He tried to convince himself it was nothing, but nonetheless couldn't help but be a little put off by her disappearance. Hopefully she wouldn't be gone for too long. Wondering if Jax knew where she had gone, Vic instinctively reached down for his bag to pull out his notes before abruptly stopping as he remembered he was still under the guise of a Clefable, and pulling some slips of paper out of seemingly thin air would probably be a pretty damn big red flag to an already seemingly skeptical team.

"Oh! Sorry," he said, conjuring the appearance of some over exaggerated blush, his face turning bright red. "I got a bit lost in my thoughts there. You were saying?" He let out a gasp of mock offense when Eobard referred to him as 'Pinky,' hand raised to his face as if some kind of national tragedy had just gone down. "It's magenta," Vic corrected. "Not pink. Magenta. There's a difference, you know. I'm, uh, getting a little off topic though. My name, is, err… Murdoc. Yes, that's it, Murdoc! You can call me Murdoc. And from what I've gathered, you three are Eobard, Dinah, and Aurea respectively, yes? Unless you're code names or something equally ridiculous, but I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that's not the case." As he talked Vic's gaze swept across the team, carefully observing them from behind a pair of invisible Black Glasses. This team was an interesting one. He'd seen weirder in his travels, but that didn't stop his curiosity. It was mainly the Gastly that caught his attention. The brother of Aurea, it sounded like, or very close friends at least. He wondered what such a fragile ghost was doing out in broad daylight without any protection. He took a moment to ponder this, but, not wanting to get lost in his own train of thought a second time, Vic shook his head and snapped himself back to reality, looking back up at the trio.

"Oh, I nearly forgot to ask!" He continued. "If I'm going to spend the day with a team such as yourself, I think it might be helpful to know said team's name. So, care to tell me just what you three call yourselves?" This information he doubted would hold much value to him outside maybe putting it on some kind of list to show off to Rhajat, wherever she might be, though it didn't hurt to know. "And, to add to that, if it's not too personal, what was your plan for today? Training, I assume? Or just passing through on your way to some greater destination?"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
The Absol stopped. Her companion stopped as well, and before Metra could even think about hiding, they were both glaring at her. Meters still between them. Her pincers hung at her sides, but they were always ready. This could be it.

Nobody moved. The two other pokémon looked like they were gauging her intent, maybe measuring her strength. She glanced back at the Staryu, who blinked once. A few seconds passed, then he blinked once again. Once meant yes. Yes meant engage.

Metra dashed forward. As a Scizor, everybody expected her to rely more on her strength than her speed. They would be surprised. She raised her pincers for an X-scissors attack. She was curious to see how her sudden opponents intended to avoid it.​

Ishymata

Ruined Soul
Years
The Scizor had gone from casual passerby to ferocious enemy real damn quick! Jasper shoved Juniper to the side and dashed away with a huge burst op speed, the Captain landing back on her paws with a gasp. She could hear Jasper yelling to her. "Aye! Don't let her hit you. To dark types like us she's a real threat!" He shouted before hopping back down. He wasn't the best at playing defensive but he would manage.

Juniper growled at the Scizor, having only been saved by Jasper's unrelenting speed. She growled. "Hey, jerk! What on earth is your problem!? Dashing around like that, you're gonna hurt someone!" She said before dashing forward, body glowing ever so slightly. Something was up.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Metra stopped at that, on the pathway, and lowered her pinchers. She looked from the Absol to the Weavile and clearly registered their confused stances. The Staryu, now behind them since Metra had dashed past them, stood silent - trying to look innocent? The Absol started coming at her in a counterattack.

"Wait!" she called out. "I apologize. There was a misunderstanding. Please forgive me. It's not you whom I should be attacking." Her pincers tensed as she glared intensively at her so called teammate.

"I was led to believe you were my new sparring partners. My... partners have odd ways of communicating and training sometimes. I trust neither of you are hurt?"

Years
"Did you see that?!"

Mei could not help but sigh at her leader's overexcitement from watch a simple trade of attacks. It was almost embarrassing seeing how giddy the Kirlia looked, bouncing on the balls of her feet . . . tips. It took a second, however, for Mei to recognize that Rain is currently walking over to the scizor, Staryu, and others without a care in the world.

"Hey!" Mei rushed over and tries to slow down Rain by biting down her skirt-like thing. "Let's just go around them. Why do we have to get ourselves involved with a Staryu and stupidly fast Scizor?! If she tries to attack us we'll be massacred!"

Rain just kept grinning and walking over to the small crowd of Pokemon. "That's what's so fun! Oh man . . . the thought of fighting someone like her is giving me goosebumps." The eager Kirlia waved her hand in greeting. "Hey there!"

Anyone turning to look at the duo will see a Kirlia that is a little too eager to be meeting new Pokemon and a very agitated Poochyena that's trying to stop the Kirlia from taking another step and failing miserably at it. The two make an odd pair, and with the two appearing young but their attitudes seem reversed as the older Kirlia is acting like a child and the younger Poochyena is trying to keep the two of them out of trouble like someone responsible.

Ishymata

Ruined Soul
Years
Jasper was first to react when the Scizor stopped her assault, dashing forward to jump in front of the captain, taking hold of her horn and skidding just slightly until she came to a stop. The Absol let out a sigh of relief and laughed. "Hey! Thanks, boss! Still haven't learned to stop it on my own very well. Sure glad you're fast." She said, shaking herself to dispel whatever energy was around her.

She looked to the Scizor with an understanding look. "Yeah, don't worry. I understand but you'd better be buying me a pint after that scare! You look like you could rip a boulder in half." The odd Absol laughed heartily and continued laughing for a little bit, Jasper stepping in.

"Sorry to disappoint, miss, but we're not your training partners. Just a Weavile and an Absol that thinks she's a pirate. That was a close one, eh?" He gave a small chuckle himself and looked over toward the commotion, giving a small halfhearted and embarrassed wave toward the Kirlia before turning to Juniper. "Hey, goofball! We've got more than these two."

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Team Lux
Aurea, Eobard & Dinah
Maren Park – Petalburg City
A Strange Turn of Events

Eobard said nothing in response to the Clefable's words. Whatever, man, he said to himself, glaring at the newcomer, you're the new guy, and you look pretty Pinky to me. He was somewhat offended about the follow-up words regarding their names, and was about to call him out on it until a glare from his sister told him to shut up. He grunted, but that was the only sound that came out of his mouth.

"No, those are our actual names." Aurea said with a friendly grin.

"If I'm going to spend the day with a team such as yourself, I think it might be helpful to know said team's name. So, care to tell me just what you three call yourselves? And, to add to that, if it's not too personal, what was your plan for today? Training, I assume? Or just passing through on your way to some greater destination?" Murdoc the Clefable said.

"Well, actually, our next destination is Rustboro City." Aurea said.

"And we're Team Lux." Eobard said.

"According to the map, Petalburg Woods stands in the way." Dinah then said, "We came here first to make some connections, see if we could find some friends to help us out, Mr. Murdoc."

"That's right." Aurea said, "Although, we are open for suggestions."

Eobard's eye twitched. Not MY suggestions, that's for sure. But whatever. Maybe I'll get to have some fun with Pinky over here during the trip… Fufufu… Dinah glanced at Eobard, and all the years she had known him told her that he was definitely up to something. "Eobard… A word, please?" She turned to Aurea, "Aurea, you don't mind, do you?"

"Not at all. I'll stay here with Murdoc, to plan ahead."

With a smile Dinah took some distance from her best friend, followed by a somewhat annoyed Eobard. "What is it now, Eobard? You're up to something, I know it. "

"No, I'm not!" Eobard said, "Well, nothing heavy, just some light-hazing-ritual-thingy! Nothing to worry about! Hahaha!" He looked around to see that nobody was listening, then whispered, "Besides, I don't like this guy. He's too… pink and friendly. And he asks too many questions, for a new guy, at least."

Dinah sighed. "Eobard, relax, man." She whispered, "Look, at first I sensed something odd about the guy, but so far he seems to be nice. Maybe I was wrong about him." Eobard scoffed. "Look, just please, don't do anything silly like that that will annoy everyone. Because I doubt Aurea will be on board with this light-hazing-ritual-thingy of yours. Promise?"

"Fine." Eobard said, his words reeking of reluctance, "I was told this would be fun, man. Real adventure."

"Let's go back, alright? Don't worry, we'll go soon."

They were interrupted by Aurea herself, who approached the group, to their surprise, all by herself! They looked around, and that Clefable was nowhere to be seen. "What's going on, sis?" Eobard asked, "What's up with Pinky?"

"I'm... not really sure." she said, "He said he remembered something and left in a hurry. It was... odd."

"Guess it's the three of us then, huh?" Eobard asked, smirking sarcastically. HA-ha!

"Yes." Aurea said with a smile.

"Anyway," Dinah said, "Let's see what to do next!"

Eobard sighed. "Let me guess, more socializing?" Eobard asked, his smug grin completely wiped off his gassy face by what he assumed his teammates would suggest. But Dinah had another thing in mind.

"Actually, Eobard, I was going to say to begin our trek to Rustboro..." Dinah said. She looked at Aurea and winked at her without her sibling noticing. "But now that you mention it, making new friends kinda sounds like a good idea!"

"Yes!" Aurea said, "Look, over there! A battle!"

The trio turned their attention to a Scizor and a Staryu that were in battle against a Weavile and Absol. "Humph. You're lucky that this time, there is something interesting going on. Let's check it out." Eobard whispered to Dinah, who just replied with a giggle. And so the trio unanimously approached the battlers, but, by the time they got there, the battle appeared to have stopped.

Aw, man!

Back