782 posts
8.5 Years
Will Day and Night be in this?
"Hello, I'm your hope, you're my hope, I'm J-Hope!" - J-Hope

"Music really transcends languages, and it means so much." - RM

"Go on your path, even if you live for a day." - Jimin

"Cause I'm Irish, and everyone remembers me." - Niall Horan

"Treat people with kindness." - Harry Styles

"Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

"Believe in something bigger than yourself and find your purpose." - Justin Bieber

5qwerty

WHOLLY MOLEY

Male
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,562 posts
10.6 Years
Can anyone help me out? It seems I'm stuck at Ordinary town. Can't go west because I don't have rock smash. I have the first two badges and I'm not sure if I need rock smash or if i need to go another way? I swear I've talked to every person up to ordinary town. Thanks in advance!
You do not need Rock Smash. Try to recall which house the Rockets went into and also take a hint from one of the other residents of the town. Read carefully!

Will Day and Night be in this?
Unfortunately, no. Apologies.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan

Male
Zimbabwe
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
64 posts
294 Days
I played this game recently & it was fun :) I like that you included Gen 3 mechanics, am a big fan of that generation, while offering a fresh story in a new region to be explored. An official from the Pokemon League being the one to give players their Starters & the Pokedex, that was a nice touch. No running off to do something first THEN getting the Pokedex haha & the mini game with the Pickaxe is cool. When can we expect the next installment to pop up?

5qwerty

WHOLLY MOLEY

Male
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,562 posts
10.6 Years
I played this game recently & it was fun :) I like that you included Gen 3 mechanics, am a big fan of that generation, while offering a fresh story in a new region to be explored. An official from the Pokemon League being the one to give players their Starters & the Pokedex, that was a nice touch. No running off to do something first THEN getting the Pokedex haha & the mini game with the Pickaxe is cool. When can we expect the next installment to pop up?
Nice, glad to hear that you enjoyed it! :)

As for the next installment, I can't say for sure. First of all, I'm not sure how much I want to include in the next installment (definitely up to 6th gym, but I don't know if that's enough "content"). I have some areas beyond the 6th gym mapped out as well, so maybe I'll go a bit further. I don't really have the time to be putting a lot of effort into this at the moment (basically next 4 weeks I'm probably going to be busy), though I'll probably get a random jolt of motivation some time within the next few months to pump out a new beta.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan

Male
Zimbabwe
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
64 posts
294 Days
Nice, glad to hear that you enjoyed it! :)

As for the next installment, I can't say for sure. First of all, I'm not sure how much I want to include in the next installment (definitely up to 6th gym, but I don't know if that's enough "content"). I have some areas beyond the 6th gym mapped out as well, so maybe I'll go a bit further. I don't really have the time to be putting a lot of effort into this at the moment (basically next 4 weeks I'm probably going to be busy), though I'll probably get a random jolt of motivation some time within the next few months to pump out a new beta.
No problem, I guess we might as well bet on that random jolt of motivation to happen asap lol what you put out so far is good, so I'm sure even if the next beta is only up to the 6th gym + those areas beyond, it'll be neat as well :D take your time & once it's ready, we'll be here for it.

5qwerty

WHOLLY MOLEY

Male
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,562 posts
10.6 Years
Hey i have been stuck after the second gym as when i go to the haze cave it is blocked and i can't get rock smash. Sorry as you said to not ask others but i have been stuck for 2 weeks. help me out Thanks and great hack btw so i don't want to rage quit.
I didn't put any rocks near the Crazy Haze Cave. You might be thinking about the Linklater Cave, which isn't where you are supposed to go. Try exploring Rockhill City more and see if you can find out where you're supposed to go next.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥

Age 25
Male
Alola
Online now
Posted 3 Days Ago
782 posts
8.5 Years
There are some custom Gen III tiles that are a mix between the R/S/E tiles and FR/LG tiles, if you want, you could use them. But, even Vanilla, this hack looks good and I am sure I'll love it.

"Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

"Believe in something bigger than yourself and find your purpose." - Justin Bieber

5qwerty

WHOLLY MOLEY

Male
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,562 posts
10.6 Years
after you go to ordinary town and then follow the grunt it takes me to the north of that city and the only place to go in the north of the city is haze cave and i doesnt allow me to proceed
It should let you proceed - are you sure you're looking carefully? In parts of the cave you have to go left or right and the tiles may be hard to see.

There are some custom Gen III tiles that are a mix between the R/S/E tiles and FR/LG tiles, if you want, you could use them. But, even Vanilla, this hack looks good and I am sure I'll love it.
Yeah, I've seen some of those, they are cool. I think at this point I'll just selectively add in some things, since it's not really worth a total re-haul.

I'm currently working on some scripts, hopefully I can get something rolling out for this by this year.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥

Age 25
Male
Alola
Online now
Posted 3 Days Ago
782 posts
8.5 Years
It should let you proceed - are you sure you're looking carefully? In parts of the cave you have to go left or right and the tiles may be hard to see.

Yeah, I've seen some of those, they are cool. I think at this point I'll just selectively add in some things, since it's not really worth a total re-haul.

I'm currently working on some scripts, hopefully I can get something rolling out for this by this year.
Cool, I'm looking forward to the full release!

5qwerty

WHOLLY MOLEY

Male
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,562 posts
10.6 Years
yo update kinda

note in the 6th gym town the people are kind of messed up and have no morals so they do messed up stuff
in reality I'm just slowly losing my sanity so I have to put this dumb crap in - hope y'all like dark "humor" haha

On a more serious note, I have scripted around 40% of the 6th gym city - it's kind of a really huge city so that's why it's taking so long. I think I'm slowly losing my dislike of scripting - I just have to force myself to do it since putting it off isn't doing anyone any favours. At most there is just logic involved in which flags to set and all that - it's not really that hard.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that I'll be updating more of the Pokémon stats and learnsets. I want to make my game so that each Pokémon is worth picking and has its strengths, which means that each obtainable Pokémon will (generally) have serviceable stats and one or two decently powerful moves (with different type coverage) in its natural learnset. Of course, some Pokémon will learn more TMs, and that's fine. But I also want to make the game so that you can't just auto win with your starter or any other Pokémon - those of you who played the Beta have probably noticed that already. I've been playing this game in my off time when I have motivation, but with different Pokémon every time, and I think that it's really exciting to use Pokémon early that you've never been able to in other games (like Pineco and Venonat). I think it's equally nice when you can use Pokémon that were available to you early on in other games, but knowing that they won't be useless when it gets later into the game (like Beedrill, Linoone, etc.).

Regarding moves, I've also updated some of these and will be continuing to do so. Those who have played the Beta may know that I've replaced some moves already. I will be replacing some of the signature moves of Pokémon and some moves that don't get much use.

Lastly, I wanted to mention that I'm still contemplating when to end the next Beta. It's possible that I finish 6 gyms like I originally had planned and then continue working until I've got everything. Though as I have mentioned before I feel like this may be too little content. I might end up delaying the game (until 7 gyms or even longer) until the world is a bit more polished. You may have noticed some locked doors in earlier cities, and I do plan on using some of these for some events as well. Utilizing old areas, making sure the world is accessible and balanced after obtaining SURF/STRENGTH/ROCK SMASH, making sure item balls are balanced, these are what I mean by making sure that the world is more polished.

Also here are some screenshots:

bh02032002

Beta Tester for Pokemon Saffron Version and Pokemon Chroma Version

Age 17
Male
Canada
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
254 posts
3.5 Years
yo update kinda

note in the 6th gym town the people are kind of messed up and have no morals so they do messed up stuff
in reality I'm just slowly losing my sanity so I have to put this dumb crap in - hope y'all like dark "humor" haha

On a more serious note, I have scripted around 40% of the 6th gym city - it's kind of a really huge city so that's why it's taking so long. I think I'm slowly losing my dislike of scripting - I just have to force myself to do it since putting it off isn't doing anyone any favours. At most there is just logic involved in which flags to set and all that - it's not really that hard.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that I'll be updating more of the Pokémon stats and learnsets. I want to make my game so that each Pokémon is worth picking and has its strengths, which means that each obtainable Pokémon will (generally) have serviceable stats and one or two decently powerful moves (with different type coverage) in its natural learnset. Of course, some Pokémon will learn more TMs, and that's fine. But I also want to make the game so that you can't just auto win with your starter or any other Pokémon - those of you who played the Beta have probably noticed that already. I've been playing this game in my off time when I have motivation, but with different Pokémon every time, and I think that it's really exciting to use Pokémon early that you've never been able to in other games (like Pineco and Venonat). I think it's equally nice when you can use Pokémon that were available to you early on in other games, but knowing that they won't be useless when it gets later into the game (like Beedrill, Linoone, etc.).

Regarding moves, I've also updated some of these and will be continuing to do so. Those who have played the Beta may know that I've replaced some moves already. I will be replacing some of the signature moves of Pokémon and some moves that don't get much use.

Lastly, I wanted to mention that I'm still contemplating when to end the next Beta. It's possible that I finish 6 gyms like I originally had planned and then continue working until I've got everything. Though as I have mentioned before I feel like this may be too little content. I might end up delaying the game (until 7 gyms or even longer) until the world is a bit more polished. You may have noticed some locked doors in earlier cities, and I do plan on using some of these for some events as well. Utilizing old areas, making sure the world is accessible and balanced after obtaining SURF/STRENGTH/ROCK SMASH, making sure item balls are balanced, these are what I mean by making sure that the world is more polished.

Also here are some screenshots:
good to hear man, good to hear. i wish you luck on this hack and progression. and thanks for the little update, it keeps the hack interesting and in peoples minds. that's all i wanted to say so have a very good day and once again, good luck on this hack.
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron.

beta tester for: Pokemon Saffron version. Pokemon Chroma Version

i decided since my beta testing is slow to just try beta testing 3 rom hacks. as i'm currently doing 2 at the moment i figure i could pick up a 3rd one to beta test. PM me or leave a visitor message and i will more than likely help beta test your Rom hack.
Advertiser Content