• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Can I ask if there's a sandstorm weather in FR?
well, I know there's no desert in FR but I was wondering maybe it is still in the game engine.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Why not take a look yourself? It would be in the weather section of the header in A-map. Make sure you test it in game though.

Okay I just found my copy of A-Map 1.92 and tested it and it works! Thanks!

BTW back with Wichu's Sprite Editor.

How do I know where an image starts and where it ends?

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Okay I just found my copy of A-Map 1.92 and tested it and it works! Thanks!

BTW back with Wichu's Sprite Editor.

How do I know where an image starts and where it ends?

Back to the sketchy deleting images thing? You're best bet: open it up in tilemolester. There you might have a better time telling the ending offset. The begining should be the offset given in Wichu's.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Back to the sketchy deleting images thing? You're best bet: open it up in tilemolester. There you might have a better time telling the ending offset. The begining should be the offset given in Wichu's.
Would looking at the table not work? Like finding the offset, when you see a pointer, it will end at the pointer next to it?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Okay new question! How about PC Box BG? Can I edit those? Or make larger images for those? From my studies, they are just about one to two tile per box.

Also how do I make a trainer battle that when you lose, you don't white out? (similar to rival's 1st battle in FR) I use FR

Last edited:
Years
Hey all, so I'm following this tutorial to try and change the world map (FR BRPE). Everything appeared to work correctly, but when I try to open the map in game I get this:

Save failed.
Checking the backup memory...
Please wait.
"Time required:
about 1 minute"

and then

Save completed.
"Please press the A Button."

And then a black screen...help?

So I've gotten beyond this now, so that this is what I see when I open the map:

Pokemon-FireRedWMTest_01_zps920039d4.png

I know that at least part of the problem has something to do with the palette...but I can't find any info on it, and I really don't know how to proceed.

Years
You need to edit and reinsert the tilemap so that there is a two tile-wide border around the entire world map for it to display correctly. Then you just need to edit the palette and everything should be fine.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Oh okay. Thanks. I thought it was not used by the game and thought about deleting it. Lucky I haven't yet or my game would've messed up.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
I'm new to playing Rom Hacks and I was wondering if for example I start someone's Beta 1 and they release a new patch or Beta 2 ect, is there a way to apply the updated Beta or bug patch and still keep my progress from the previous Beta? Like patching it to the same hacked rom. Or would it be a start all over thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back