• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] PCL Championship II: Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday

PCL Championship II: Week 1

Welcome back to PCL! After a long offseason, we have at last returned to the PCL Championship, where the four clans will compete for the title of the PCL Champion. The Ghosts of Perdition are defending their crown against Majestic Milotics, Black Magic, and Team Orb.

To give a refresher on how this works—and what has changed since last time—I have pasted the relevant section from the PCL Information thread below. Please read the entire thing.
The central event for the League is the PCL Championship, a 6-week competition to determine who is the strongest clan in the League. The winner of this competition is crowned PCL Champion and retains the title until defeated by another clan in the next iteration of the Championship. The forum splash at the top of the PCL sub-forum will indicate the current PCL Champion. The Championship is broken up into two parts.

Clan War Round-Robin: The first 3 weeks of the PCL Championship are a clan war round-robin where the clans face each other in a series of clan wars. Each week, 5 of the 6 clan members will participate, with the clan head deciding who will sit out. No member can sit out more than once. With the help of the PCL organizers, the clan heads will agree on individual match-ups. All players will then have 1 week to complete their matches. Each clan's win total—the relevant statistic for playoff seeding—are displayed on the PCL sub-forum splash.

Seeded Playoff: After 3 weeks of clan wars, the clan with the lowest win total is eliminated from contention. The clans with the 2nd and 3rd highest win totals then compete in a clan war where the winner advances to Finals where they then face the clan with the highest win total. Both the Semifinal and Final clan wars feature best of 3 matches. The winner of the Final is crowned PCL Champion. Members of the PCL Champion clan will have a trophy featured on their Pokemon Showdown username until their clan is unseated.

Rules

• All battles are to be done in the OU format on the PokéCommunity's battle server. (If both players agree to play a different format, they are allowed to do so, but it must be mutually agreed upon and the format must be one of the following: Ubers, UU, RU, NU, PU, or LC.)
  • All matches are best of one. You only have to do one battle for each week.
  • Post the battle replay of your match in this thread.
  • ATTENTION: Please schedule the match with your opponent via profile/visitor messages as soon as possible, then post the updates regarding your match in this thread. Inactivity or ignoring your opponent's messages may result in your opponent being given the win.
  • Read this thread for the full scheduling procedure. If you fail to follow the procedure, you won't be getting an activity win.
  • You can find your opponent's profile and time zone in the Clan Directory, but be sure to double check the time zone with your opponent!
  • Clan leaders can sub players by hiring mercenaries, which is done through the Mercenary Hiring thread.
  • There will be no extensions. We were firm on this point last time and we will be firm on it again for this PCL Championship.

As always, you may ask your clan for battling and team building advice in your clan's thread or Skype chat. You could regularly visit the battle server and ask for help there, especially if one of your clan mates are online. Check out PC's Battling & Team Building Resources, as well as the Team-Building Workshop.

Match-Ups

The deadline is Wednesday, April 27th at 11:59 PM ET. HOWEVER, we will be posting the next week's match-ups on the 25th, one week from right now. For this reason, it is strongly recommended that you try to complete your match by the "soft deadline" of the 25th, but we will not enforce the deadline or make activity decisions until the aforementioned April 27th deadline. Again, there will be no extensions.

vs.
a1LMc9a.png

Ghosts of Perdition (2) vs. Black Magic (3)
wolf vs. KorpiklaaniVodka
acatfrommars vs. Wicked3DS
Omicron vs. R.F.
Archy vs. Rabinov
Nolafus vs. Nah

vs.
4oYdDQa.png

Team Orb (1) vs. Majestic Milotics (4)
Castform vs. Dragon
punkysaur vs. gimmepie
Nakuzami Elektra Heart vs. ddrox13
Christos vs. aeternum
Sopheria vs. Noa

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'm still trying to figure out why I decided to waste my Abra there. Good game though.

Sirfetch’d

Lost vs Shawn! He had a really nice team and I wasn't very prepared :s I will have to do better next week.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Nice first week, everyone. Good battles, and 9/10 battles done is a significant step up from last season's activity loss circus.

There is one activity decision though between acatfrommars and Wicked3DS:

Based on their VM conversation, both parties made an effort to schedule, but neither set a time. From the scheduling sticky:
Again, be sure to actually schedule a specific time. "I'm on the server often, just find me" is NOT how you schedule a match. Do not expect an activity win if you don't schedule a time.
However, acatfrommars didn't reply to Wicked3DS for five days after his initial reply, which included the entire timeframe Wicked3DS offered in the first place. Some random/halfhearted "hey can you battle tonight"s are not going to make up for that level of inactivity. For that reason, Wicked3DS gets the activity win.

With that, onto Week 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back