• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Harmonia

Years
Write anything you want here about Natural Harmonia Gropius aka: N, Ghetsis, Anthea, Concordia etc. character development, battles, shipping, theories.

I'll start by saying I've always thought Ghetsis adopting Anthea and Concordia was one of those little details that suggests he didn't start off the way he became, like saving the lives of the shadow triad. The anime says that Ghetsis wanted the girls because they had gifts similar to N, but there's nothing in-game to imply this. I'd like to think that Ghetsis didn't have an alterior motive for a change, and just gave two orphan girls a place to stay. His surname was something he took pride in, it seems logical that he would want heirs.

Now on to hear other people rant about anything Harmonia-related.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I gotta say first up those names are AWFUL. Well, not those... just that one name. "Natural Harmonia Gropius". Who would EVER name anyone that? Why would anyone ever name someone that? It's just a grammatically awful sentence lmao I feel like that one was a case of lost in translation but wow... what an awful translation really.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
... that's his real name? I haven't played the Unova games much so I never knew hahaha. That's... completely awful o:

Years
XD Yeah, you can see why he goes by N.

When put into context that his full name comes from the mathematic term for natural number I do appreciate the thought behind his name. N is a person who has a strong sense of order. With math there are no shades of gray, your answer is either correct or it isn't. N often draws parallels between the world around him and mathematical formulas as he strives to help Pokemon reach their "perfect" state.

This is exactly the kind of name Ghetsis would give a child also. He was obsessed with perfection. Anthea and Concordia are exalted Greco-Roman ideals, its a repetition of the themes of harmony and perfection. If Natural Harmonia Gropius represents his ideals, but sounds ridiculous as a name then that would probably be even better to Ghetsis! At worst Ghetsis chose this name out of spite, at best perhaps he thought it would toughen N up-- you'd have to have a strong ego to survive the mercilessly teasing that name would garner.

I found out from the Tamahashi Hiroka video "Pokemon Facts: Who is N?" that there evidently were plans to do more with N's mathematic motif, particularly the sliding puzzle he carries around. It has concept art that breaks the cube down into more detail and reveals keyhole. I think it would have been really cool if this was a puzzle that the player had to solve as part of the plot, and pray that this enters into a remake.

Last edited:

Vragon

To me I see N as a better of Blue's concept. A rival that is tough and is always a step ahead. N was always ahead of you and beat the league. Course the difference is he was with plasma, he motivated you to win for different reasons, he had conviction and he's much deeper of a character.

Years
N is one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise, and the Unova games had my favorite plotlines. I like how he doesn't completely disappear from the game after you beat the Elite 4 in B2/W2 like he does in the originals. I feel bad for him, since he seems to geniunely care for Pokemon, and Ghetsis took advantage of this to use him as a pawn for Team Plasma.

Does anyone have any fanfiction recommendations centering around N? I have this idea about him becoming an actor in Pokestar Studios, but I can't write a plot to save my life.

Years
N is one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise, and the Unova games had my favorite plotlines. I like how he doesn't completely disappear from the game after you beat the Elite 4 in B2/W2 like he does in the originals. I feel bad for him, since he seems to geniunely care for Pokemon, and Ghetsis took advantage of this to use him as a pawn for Team Plasma.

Does anyone have any fanfiction recommendations centering around N? I have this idea about him becoming an actor in Pokestar Studios, but I can't write a plot to save my life.

I love everything you just said. Its my favorite plot too. I think your fan fiction idea could be cool. Will N be acting with his Pokemon? I was just imagining him with Zoroark in a movie, having a Pokemon who is the master of disguise could really come in handy for an acting partner.

I don't know if its the genre that you are looking for because I tend to read more angsty fics but I really like the story Spite by Diabolus-in-Harmonia. Its a one-shot, but is really on point with character. I think the author illustrated the history of a relationship very vividly with only a few paragraphs, and has a good voice.

Back