• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years

But it still might not show up correctly in the new ROM ;)
No, the save file has nothing to do with the backsprite.
The backsprite is in the ROM itself and is loaded whenever there's a battle.
Therefore, if you save, edit the backsprite, and play again, it will simply load the new one into memory.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. ;)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Thanks! :)

Update: For the next Beta, I've decided to make Electric not very effective against Ground rather than have no effect. I'll be adding the Ground types back to Geodude, Onix, and Rhyhorn families.

You shouldn't do that. If Game Freak have made Electric type moves having no effect on Ground type PKMN, it should stay that way.
In the Orange Islands season, the above rule finally takes effect. (With Pikachu trying to hit a Nidoking with Thunderbolt but nothing happens. Then, Misty said, "Nidoking is a Poison/Ground type. Electric attacks have no effect against it!") Honestly, the Orange Islands is still classified as Gen I. Am I not right?
Also, check Bulbapedia. It classifies the Gen I anime making Electric type moves hit Ground type PKMN as an "error".

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
You shouldn't do that. If Game Freak have made Electric type moves having no effect on Ground type PKMN, it should stay that way.
In the Orange Islands season, the above rule finally takes effect. (With Pikachu trying to hit a Nidoking with Thunderbolt but nothing happens. Then, Misty said, "Nidoking is a Poison/Ground type. Electric attacks have no effect against it!") Honestly, the Orange Islands is still classified as Gen I. Am I not right?
Also, check Bulbapedia. It classifies the Gen I anime making Electric type moves hit Ground type PKMN as an "error".

OK, have you realized that he has the right to NOT accept your ideas?
If he says he's doing it, it means he's doing it. Understand?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016

Yes, it's an error, but I have to contend with being faithful to the anime or the original game mechanics. I made the decision after watching "Bad to the Bone" and seeing Pikachu electrify Marowak. I want the player to be able to defeat the same Pokemon Ash did in the same manner.

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
OK, have you realized that he has the right to NOT accept your ideas?
If he says he's doing it, it means he's doing it. Understand?

sheeesh! no need to be mean, dang. he/she is just speaking their mind and opinion on the topic. u should go to ur happy place and then apologize for such rude behavior.... :)

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
sheeesh! no need to be mean, dang. he/she is just speaking their mind and opinion on the topic. u should go to ur happy place and then apologize for such rude behavior.... :)

Well I guess Snakebyte was speaking his/her mind and opinion on the topic and does not need to apologize.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Snakebyte is not mean. He's just trying to tell me something.

Well I guess Snakebyte was speaking his/her mind and opinion on the topic and does not need to apologize.

I agree.

Yes, it's an error, but I have to contend with being faithful to the anime or the original game mechanics. I made the decision after watching "Bad to the Bone" and seeing Pikachu electrify Marowak. I want the player to be able to defeat the same Pokemon Ash did in the same manner.

OK, that's fine. I agree with you.

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
I cant wait to play this! I loved the show and always wanted to play a pokemon game related to the show and now i can ( : going to wait for the new beta to play though.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I agree with this but theres a really tiny thing to ask about, how can pikachu actually beat brock, knowing that you only have pikachu during that time?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I agree with this but theres a really tiny thing to ask about, how can pikachu actually beat brock, knowing that you only have pikachu during that time?

Thunder Wave it and use Thunder Shock repeatedly. He's beatable with Pikachu holding light ball even if resistant to electric attacks.

Will you finish at least the Kanto journey in the 3.0 version? XD

Everything but the Pokemon League. I'll release a special beta once all the Pokemon League episodes are complete, though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011
hey metapod hope you finish beta testing soon and will you release a entirely new game name for the league episodes ????????????

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
hey metapod hope you finish beta testing soon and will you release a entirely new game name for the league episodes ????????????

Right now he is done with the episodes up till Beta 3.0 and is "polishing" the episodes to make them better.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
hey guys. So I made it to the episode where that kid wants me to find a meowth for him and all that junk. Unfortunately, to the left of the screen is just a dead end. So I was wondering if that's the end of the beta for now perhaps?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
hey guys. So I made it to the episode where that kid wants me to find a meowth for him and all that junk. Unfortunately, to the left of the screen is just a dead end. So I was wondering if that's the end of the beta for now perhaps?
Yes it is =) But as you could've seen in the previous posts, Metapod is close to releasing a new beta =)

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2011
Hey Dude!!!! Excellent hack, I can´t wait for beta 3.0, but can you tell me please when are we going to be able to download beta 3.0. Thanks and keep the excellent working!XD

Back