The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Art Studio
Talk Pokemon Palette Swap (Re-Posted in Proper Forum)

Art Studio For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the creative arts.

Old August 23rd, 2017 (2:57 PM).

Nature: Serious
    Hello everyone, i wish to change the shiny palettes of all our favorite Pokemon, but i want YOUR feedback to make sure that you approve of the Pokemon whose palette i want to change, as well as the colors that i want to change them into.

that being said, i wish to start with the Gen 1 Starters, the Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur lines...

personally, i absolutely LOVE Charizard's Shiny Palette and i imagine you do as well, who doesnt love a Black Dragon?

if i did change it, it would be to give it a red belly, so the fire type is still well represented... what do you think?

as for Charmander and Charmeleon, they get an odd yellow hue for a shiny pallete, what is up with THAT? XD

so i wish to give them a similar black palette, as to match Charizard's color scheme.

as for Bulbasaur's line, i think it's... ok... but the yellow flower could use a swap out, green and yellow are used in Shinies WAY too much, i think we can spice it up, dont you?

finally let's discuss Squirtle's line, it goes from light blue for Squirtle to a shade of Purple... yuck! i believe that instead the line should receive a darker blue palette, not quite black, but more navy blue.

i think this is an awesome starting point for changing palettes, so leave me your feedback and i will add to my list, which Pokemon will get color swapped.

oh and by all means leave your own suggestions down below, as i am not just doing this for my fan game in the future, but i will be sharing the new palettes here via open resource on both RC and PokeCommunity.
    Old August 24th, 2017 (11:43 AM).

I'm interested, but which generation of sprites are we changing here?

Yo it's Grovyle, and my moves got style, yes I can fight and no I'm not from kanto. Hoenn is my city and if I weren't green then gen. 3 would be Skitty ;)
      Old August 25th, 2017 (3:17 AM).

most shinnies are fine if you ask me.
        maybe edit pokemon where their shiny is almost the same as normal color. like garchomp. and white/light-pink pokemon- togepi, meowth, clefairy,etc. it'll be cool if they become black as shiny, like furfrou.
        Old August 25th, 2017 (3:24 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Greenest Grovyle View Post
          I'm interested, but which generation of sprites are we changing here?
          the answer GG is simple, i wish to edit gen 5 styled sprites, the very best of the non 3D variety.

however i want to give an overall overhaul to most shinies up to gen 7 that i think are either very poor or are complete eyesores.
          Old August 25th, 2017 (3:27 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by silver-wind View Post
            most shinnies are fine if you ask me.
            maybe edit pokemon where their shiny is almost the same as normal color. like garchomp. and white/light-pink pokemon- togepi, meowth, clefairy,etc. it'll be cool if they become black as shiny, like furfrou.
            well we'll have to see what we can do when we get to that point, i do hope to make a lot of shinies look cooler... maybe not all but some are just screaming for it... lot of Grass types are guilty of shoddy shinies.
            Old August 27th, 2017 (12:21 PM).

I also have some ideas for recolored shinies:

1. Tangela/Tangrowth: We should make the shiny yellow, for two reasons. Because it'd be kindof cool if they looked like noodles, and, green shinies (USUALLY) Suck..

2. We should make Machoke and Machamp be the same shiny color as Machop.. why does it change half-way through the evolution line?

3. Bidoof and Bibarel would be cooler if their shinies were like.. a gold-ish color.. Kindof like magikarps!

4. Zubat's evolution line should turn a dark blue, like, a really dark blue... (or black) because, it's a bat! and, green shinies look ugly (USUALLY).

5. Larvitar's Evolution line should turn a sandy color.. or like a gray/grey color..

6. Espeon should turn like, a darker green..

7. Most shiny fire pokemon should get blue fire.. (like ponyta has)

And, That's it for now!

Yo it's Grovyle, and my moves got style, yes I can fight and no I'm not from kanto. Hoenn is my city and if I weren't green then gen. 3 would be Skitty ;)
              Old October 16th, 2017 (4:22 PM).
              The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
              The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline

honestly i was always wanting the phione and manaphy line to have a less blue shiny palette, it seems like one of those they couldnt think of anything and just lightened or darkened

Quick Reply