• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crappy SM OU team

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
tenor.gif

I feel like I can't play this game anymore, but I gave it one more try, so here's my team.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick / Ice Shard

Weavile's my favourite Pokemon, so I built a team around it. Its Swords Dance is still the best set in my opinion because +2 Knock Off is very hard to stomach by even the most defensive walls. Its final move is a tossup, I use either Low Kick or Ice Shard depending on how I feel.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Zappy brings a lot of momentum here. Volt Switch and Heat Wave combined with a defensive spread give it much resilience and the ability to take out some Steel- and Ground-types if my Heatran dies. It can also abuse Pressure in combo with Roost and T-bolt. Fairly good rain check.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Nature's Madness

This team hates entry hazards a lot and Tapu Fini is here to fix that; it synergizes decently with Weavile and Heatran and provides Defog support. Taunt is also useful to beat slower SDers e.g Bisharp as well as stuff Tapu Fini can't really threaten.

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran provides Stealth Rock support and is my team's main Steel-type nemesis. With Groundium Z it's able to put a dent in shit like Toxapex, Tapu Fini and other water-types; could use Bloom Doom for that, but Toxapex would then become somewhat of a pain, even with Zapdos on the team (Toxic and Recover plus Thunderbolt not always 2HKOing makes it a big threat). Also this allows me to use HP Ice to destroy Lando-T and Garchomp on the switch.

Tangrowth @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Odd Tangrowth set, and yes I could use Tapu Bulu, but then I would be afraid I have too little special offense on my team, especially if my Heatran dies; this Tangrowth also packs Regenerator and high physical bulk, allowing it to defeat a lot of Water- and Ground- types that can eliminate Weavile and Pinsir such as Gyarados, Excadrill under sand, and even Mega Lopunny. I use this and not AV or some physically defensive set for the surprise factor.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Close Combat

The main win condition to the team I guess. Swords Dance up and start sweeping. It's also good if Mega Lopunny is on the opponent's team. I hate that son of a bitch and I never learn to properly counter it. Mega Venusaur, Volcarona and Buzzwole shit their pants too when they see it. Close Combat over Earthquake to deal more damage to stuff like Rotom-W, Celesteela and Skarmory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back