• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Better Fast-forward Mode

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I accidentally found out that just skipping a whole Graphics.update is pretty useful and thought I'd make a fast-forward script out of it.

SPEEDUP_STAGES is the array of speed up stages the game will use. If you click F, it'll pick the next number in the array. Mine looks like [1,2,3], meaning it'll be 1 by default, go to 2 if I press F, 3 if I press F again, and then back to the beginning.

$GameSpeed is the index of the SPEEDUP_STAGES array, 0 by default.
SPEEDUP_STAGES[$GameSpeed] - 1 is the actual amount of frames skipped.

If you hit F, the game'll go one stage higher in the SPEEDUP_STAGES array.

Download:
Better Fast-forward Mode

sporeking15

comicking15
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
Can you change what button speeds up the game? I already have a script that uses the F button so im wondering if I can change it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I really like the toggle functionality instead of having to hold a button down to speed up, but tbh this speed up seems kind of laggy when in use compared to the kleinstudio's script I've been using.

It probably has to do with the fact that klein's script speeds up framerate instead of skipping graphic updates, which makes it look smoother. Just my $0.02.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
You see this line?
Code:
if $CanToggle && Input.trigger?(Input::F)

Change it to this:
Code:
if $CanToggle && Input.trigger?(Input::F) && $DEBUG

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Hey, Marin, I'm trying to use this in Essentials v17.2, and am getting the following message (this is an excerpt from errorlog.txt):

Code:
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
Exception: SystemStackError
PSystem_Controls:207:in `triggerex?'
PSystem_Controls:181:in `trigger?'
PSystem_Controls:181:in `any?'
PSystem_Controls:181:in `each'
PSystem_Controls:181:in `any?'
PSystem_Controls:181:in `trigger?'
BetterFastForward:45:in `fast_forward_update'
BetterFastForward:51:in `fast_forward_update'

I see that you listed this as compatible with v17.2 on Relic Castle, so what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Vxpor

Vxpor
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Is it possible to have the button be held to activate instead of toggling?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Great script! Old but gold!

I recommend anyone using it when debugging the game (Marin explained how). Worth it!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
i got the 1.16 essentials and drops me an error on 56 line
There are older script by KleinStudio and PiaCRT. If you don't find a way, try these.

This script is for v17 and v18. You should update as soon as possible though, because v1 came out in 2008 and that's more than 10 years old now.
First Essentials (by Poccil) release came on 7th September 2007.
Essentials v1 (by Maruno's) came on 26th July 2011.
Essentials v16 (the version that Droick probably has) came on 7th December 2015.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Hi, I noticed the code was broken (for Essentials 19.1) and wanted to provide a fix since input module isn't working anymore. I'm guessing the buttonToKey function has been refactored.
Use F7 to increase speed by a factor of +1 each time. Replace the >4 line 45 to whatever you need. If anyone wants to improve on this please go ahead. I guess you should probably link back to this forum post so anyone in the future knows but I don't care about accreditation. The code documentation is outdated.

Spoiler:

Back