• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Two Truths and a Lie!

Years
Before: Well I hope 3 is the lie, but I kind of have a feeling it isn't... 1 Perhaps..?

After: Nope. Oh well.

Three statements related to Exploration, I suppose.
1. I will run back to the PC as often as I can to avoid using Medicine unnecessarily.
2. I always stock up on Escape Ropes to make sure I can leave a cave fast.
3. I will explore all over the region to find items and fight every trainer I find.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Before: There's no way #1 is true, the PC doesn't heal your Mons automatically anymo--- Oh my God, PC is the abbreviation for Pokémon Center! Well then... maybe that could still be a lie, because it can get old after a while.

After: Ah, well. Can't blame you, though - I never use Escape Ropes myself.

Three dumb things I have done in the games:
1. I lost a PokéRadar-ed Shiny Ralts in Platinum because I forgot to bring a Pokémon to prevent it from *~Teleporting~*.
2. I bought the TMs for the Elemental Punches in Crystal so I could teach them to my Haunter, only to discover that Haunter could only learn those moves in Gen III onwards.
3. I left an Electabuzz with an Electrizer in the GTS from my Ultra Sun save file so I could pick it up from my Sun save file, but I got distracted and had it stolen as a result.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
1 and 2 both sound exactly like something I would do. Going to guess 3.

Annnnd correct.

1. I like Gigalith more than Golem.
2. I slightly prefer Mismagius over Gengar.
3. I like Beedrill more Butterfree.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Before: #3 is almost certainly the lie. Look at your avatar! Although, I don't discard #2 simply because I have been seeing a lot of Gengar hate/dislike recently.

After: Correctomundo!

Three Scarlet/Violet-related statements in light of today's trailer:
1. I don't care much for any of the human characters presented so far.
2. I changed my allegiance from Team Fuecoco back to Team Sprigatito.
3. I don't like any of the new mons much, but Miraidon is growing on me.

Spoiler:

Years
Before : I tend to think you don't especially like Miraidon.
After : I was wrong.

1. I caught Zapdos on Red just by burning it.
2. I caught Regice with a Luxeball on Ruby.
3. I caught Politoed on Black 2 with an Ultraball.

Spoiler:

Years
Before: Well Politoed is the only non-legendary here which makes it a bit sus. That said I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.
Same with 2. Possible too. 1 sounds riskier since you might faint it over time if it has a Burn. I'll just guess 1.

After: Should've just gone with the sus one huh.... I was highly tempted to as well xD

1. I caught a shiny Pheromosa in Dynamax Adventures.
2. I've shiny bred all the eeveelutions.
3. I randomly hatched a shiny Charmander while I was rebreeding one.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Before: #2 is almost certainly the lie. No one has that much patience to get all Shiny Eeveelutions only by breeding. Hunting Pheromosa seems like something you'd do, and I believe you on Charmander as well.

After: Bingo! That said, good luck breeding the last two Eeveelutions!

Three Mimikyu-related statements:
1. I started out not liking Mimikyu at all, but one of my friends convinced me otherwise.
2. I have designed a regional form for Mimikyu.
3. I have used Mimikyu in my team in every game where it has been available so far.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I'll guess 3. Wasn't it already excluded out of the dex in the new games?

Oh. Never mind, I checked and apparently it was in Galar. I didn't encounter it despite two playthroughs. The first statement makes sense though.

1. I'm currently playing through the original Pokemon White. I started with Snivy.
2. In my last playthrough of Platinum, I used a Gastrodon on my main team.
3. I only played Pokemon X once. I had an Aegislash on my main team.

Spoiler:

Years
Before: No idea. I'll just randomly go with 2.

After: Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket =o

1. Nessa is my favorite Galarian Gym leader.
2. Steven is my favorite champion.
3. May is my favorite rival.

Spoiler:

Hunting Pheromosa seems like something you'd do, and I believe you on Charmander as well.

I didn't hunt Pheromosa btw. I was just catching all the DA legendaries and UB's. The game literally just gave it to me with the very first one I caught =D

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Before: Hey, I think I know this one. I remember you saying that Steven was your favourite Champion and that you liked May a lot as well, so obviously #1 is the lie.

After: Correctomundo!

Three character opinions - figure out which one is false!
1. Cynthia is my favourite Champion.
2. Hugh is my favourite rival.
3. Jasmine is my favourite Johto Gym Leader.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I was able to guess 1 correctly. I don't remember you ever mentioning that or talking about Cynthia much.

1. I liked Swalot a lot as a kid, but got older and feelings became neutral.
2. I never cared much for the Charmander line, but consider Charmeleon pretty cool.
3. Palpitoad is cute, quickly became one of my favorite pokemon of Gen 5.

Spoiler:

Years
Before: 1 seems the most plausible to be true. Swalot is pretty forgettable sadly.
2 and 3 could both be the lie, I think. Could Palpitoad really rise to a favorite position though? I'll go with 3.

After: Yay, correct.
I'm still in the negative in terms of correct-incorrect guesses though rofl

1. The Fennekin line is my favorite Fire starter.
2. The Piplup line is my favorite Water starter.
3. The Snivy line is my favorite Grass starter.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I'm having trouble recalling any mentions of this, so it'll be a heavy guess. I'll take one as the lie.

It's wrong, but I'm happy to see another person who likes Chikorita.

1. I'm a big fan of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series but haven't gotten the chance to play Gates to Infinity.
2. I finished New Pokemon Snap this morning. I started in June last year, meaning it almost took a full year.
3. Pokemon Dash for Nintendo DS was a very early gateway into the franchise for me.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Before: It's either #2 or #3. #2 is too specific, and #3 is... a little too far-fetched considering how unpopular the game is.

After: Aaaand #3 it was, though I was taking a 50/50 chance shot. Congratulations on finishing New Snap though!

Three more fan game-related statements:
1. Pokémon Reborn made me hate Mr. Mime even more than I already did.
2. I completed a no-Fakemon run in Pokémon Xenoverse.
3. My starter bird Pokémon in Pokémon Birdcall was Shiny.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Before: No.2 because the rest is something possible to do, Xenoverse is all Fakemon.

After: I was right but also wrong, apparently there are Pokemon that are not fanmade? My only knowledge is that Pokemon Xenoverse is heavy on Fakemon.

1. My First Pokémon game was a Rom hack.
2. I caught two shiny Farfetch'd in Go.
3. Digimon made me interested in Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Years
Before: 1 sounds the most plausible to be true, so I'm thinking it's either 2 or 3.
Do people get interested in Pokemon because of Digimon? I honestly dunno lol
When I see the number of shinies people get in Go, 2 wouldn't surprise me to be true tbh
So I'll go with 3.

After: Guess I'm wrong.

1. I have a Fennekin plush
2. I have a Braixen plush
3. I have a Delphox plush

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Before: Oh bother, this is a really tough one. I'm gonna guess #3 is the lie, because Delphox plushies are significantly rarer than Fennekin or Braixen plushies. Yet, I still have the feeling I'm most likely wrong.

After: Wait, really!? I'd have figured out Serena not evolving her Braixen in the anime would have made plushies of that Pokémon more commonplace. Then again, X/Y is long over. I'm really sorry. ):

Three event Pokémon-related statements:
1. I have a Hoopa.
2. I have not one, but two Diancie.
3. I have a Marshadow.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I'll guess 3 as the lie, but I know next to nothing about events or the exclusiveness.

I got it correct but that was 100% lucky. Almost said two but figured the specifics this time meant it wasn't a lie.

1. I think normal types are the opposite of boring because they learn all sorts of fun moves. This places them among my favorite types.
2. I completed a mono fire type run in White 2. Found it monotonous, ended up with a lower view of the type in general.
3. When I was 12 years old, I beat Pokemon Red with only a raticate.

Spoiler:

Years
Before: Well I've seen you list Normal as one of your favorite types before. Though I suppose the reason before it might be the lie.
3 just sounds like something you might've done. I'll gamble 2 and hope 1 isn't the lie because of the reason.

After: Apparantly I guessed correct =3

1. I've never picked Chespin as a starter.
2. I've never picked Chimchar as a starter.
3. I've never picked Oshawott as a starter.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Before: Oh god, this one's difficult. Based on your previous posts, your favourite Kalos starter is Fennekin, so I doubt you would have chosen Chespin. You don't like Chimchar, but I've never seen you talk about Oshawott much either. I'm stuck between those two, but perhaps you're like me and never picked Oshawott despite liking it. I'm going with #2.

After: Hey, I was right! This wasn't easy though, and I'm surprised you still picked the Chimchar line despite not liking it.

Three starter Pokémon-related statements:
1. I have never ditched my starter Pokémon, not even for special runs.
2. I have not resetted for a female starter Pokémon since Alpha Sapphire in 2014.
3. I have tried resetting for Shiny starters multiple times, but gave up halfway through.

Spoiler:

Back