• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] >}>}>}> Dark Rift 5.09! - September 2023 <{<{<{< (PATCH, Download to fix 5.0)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Pokemon Dark Rift 5.09! October 2023

4da860_491178252a3d4134a0773544238be584~mv2.png

Plot & Features:
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD_Dark Rift 5.09!
Dark Rift Wiki!
Dark Rift Discord!
SCREENSHOTS/IMAGES:
Now with 6 Starters!
4da860_70723d54e79c4f2faf6d662d6abc910f~mv2.png

4da860_e6c728debc534bd2ba6fd20631b5c617~mv2.png

TONS of new Fakemon to Discover!

4da860_2e043a7d02d14ef6a231c0a7c8087f61~mv2.png

4.5 Trailer!

Dark Rift Credits
https://darkrift.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Rift_Credits
This Pokemon Fan Game couldn't have been done without: RPG XP maker / Pokemon Essentials / Thundagas Tutorials!
Been in development since 12/20/2015
All awesome music used and will be used are on these playlists:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaMieKwBM5ZEnRDJMRgIStRQ1tWpMkUgF

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKCn6SUf_pCBHY5qXrwNUSiCXcJzDrqRx

I did not make any of this music

Last edited:

GajeelRedfox99

Pokémon Fantasy Developer
Years
I just downloaded the game, but you seem to have left the game edit code, the PBS and a lot of other things inside the folder. I shan't edit anything as I'm not that kind of person, but I'm just warning you of your mistake. Make sure to seal it properly ready for release next time!
Have a good day ~ GajeelRedfox99

You've also used the pokémon essentials test game as the base. You're supposed to copy all the essentials data EXCEPT for the game edit file, the game.exe and anything else with game in the title, or anyone else using pokémon essentials will be put in wherever their last place in essentials was (e.g. Lappet town)
May I suggest creating a new RMXP project, called Dark rift, and copy everything BUT the game.exe file, the game RPXproject and Game configuration settings files. This SHOULD give you everything you've done, but out of with it's own save file, not the essentials one.
I believe that this game could be really good, and I'm sure with a bit more knowledge of Essentials it could be! But brush up on your Essentials skills, then go back to the game. This could make the game a LOT better!
Have a good day ~ GajeelRedfox99

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Thank you for your comments and advice dude! This is the first time I've tried something like this, and I need any help I can get, so thanks!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
To Everyone: Hey just to let you know the May release is just around the corner! It is going to have the entire beginning of the game redone (so you must RESTART your game), balanced issues resolved, bugs fixed, new backgrounds, new music, over 10 new fakemon, over 15 new attack animation, whole new areas, 2nd gym, 1 Boss fakemon, more story, and more decisions to make!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Yeah, don't worry i'm not going to release it until I do.

Which will hopefully be tomorrow.

Pokemon Dark Rift has finally been released!

*Dark Rift part 2*

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2019
I played this when it first released. This is an awesome concept for a game and I love it so far. The pokemon are kinda strange since they don't have an outline, but cool!
I downloaded the new update and it only has the audio files.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Thanks for letting me know, i'll look into it today.

I have windows 7/8 mix and downloaded it, it doesn't seem to have any problems. What system are you using, because I had to compress the files a different way for this release.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2019
Windows 10. It worked on the first release.
I extract the files with 7 zip like the last one and it gets an error code about the audio files and then doesn't finish.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Can you take a screen capture of your Dark Rift directory that you extracted? I have successfully extracted this with 7-zip and it works. Maybe you're files were corrupted in the downloading process. Thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
News:
>2nd Boss Pokemon 1st evolution revealed
>The third gym is confirmed to be a Light gym

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
New Fakemon for the September release!
>Note: Some of these pokemon are exclusive to the choices you make

Floraze (Fire/Grass)
Growferno (Fire/Grass)
Ariomic (Nuclear/Flying)
Zephuler (Nuclear/Flying)
Carneed (Grass)
Monora (Grass/Dragon)
Terrmodren (Grass/Dragon/Nuclear)
Strox (Steel)
Armagora (Steel/Poison)
Lantoic (Nuclear/Light)
Spiromic (Nuclear/Light)
Radious (Nuclear)
Gorgmoc (Nuclear)
Gigatomic (Nuclear/Dragon)

This release is the Fallout release including:
>A major diverge in alternate choice story lines
>5 new moves
>14 newly discovered fakemon
>Nuclear zone (if your on Cestas side)
>Pokemon SC facility (if your on Jays side)
>More relieved to what happens next in the story
>And more!

The September release will be out shortly!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Game fixes in the September release:

>Voltronix the 1st boss pokemon has been nerfed to level 10 and has the moves harden, bobalt, protect, and celestial comet. Instead of what it used to have.

>Jays part of the time line can now no longer get you stuck

>Some of the moves like Bobalt have been fixed to where they no longer keep attacking the opponents pokemon until it's dead.

>Some of the Fakemon have received new abilities/moves/stats from what they had so they wouldn't be too over-powered/under-powered.

>The nuclear/cosmic gyms have been given little buffs from what they had before

>There are also 2 new abilities coming with the September release!!!

>The "neutral" timeline has been fixed, it no longer has weird events and game breaking bugs

>All Fakemon now have new and unique sounds from what they used to have

>All Fakemon stats have been fixed to what the're supposed to be

>The timeline will finally have a major branch in locations/story/and Fakemon you can encounter

>For those of you who hate Route 102, It is now possible to get back to Vivelin Town from there

>The Voltronix glitch, where if you lose to Voltronix it gets you stuck in a loop is fixed so you won't get stuck.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
The September release 3 trailer is out! This release will come out within a weeks time!

Back