• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pick a Tag Battle Partner...

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Those of you who played Black 2 and White 2 might remember what kind of challenge awaited at the former Striaton Gym. Here's a refresher: you had to choose between Cilan, Chili or Cress as a partner, and the remaining two would go up against you in a Tag Battle.

With that said, I would like us to pose a similar challenge including every major Trainer. I'll propose three Trainers, and you will have to pick a partner to go up against the other two, before proposing a different set of Trainers for the next poster to choose from - and so on and so forth.

I'll start. Who would you choose as a partner between the LGPE versions of Red, Blue and Green? Choose wisely - the other two will battle you!

Years
Heyoo new Trivia game just dropped and I'm here for it~

I'm a classic guy, so I'mma choose to partner with Red here!

Now how about... Lance, Cynthia, and... Youngster Joey? :3

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I'll have Cynthia as my partner. I strive for a diverse team, as does she.

Giovanni, Ghetsis, and Lusamine

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Giovanni. Yeah, I know he doesn't have a diverse team and even his Mewtwo could very well get checked by Ghetsis's dreadful Hydreigon, but he's the only one of the three sane enough to come up with a strategy that might lead us to victory. I never thought I would be saying this, but Mimikyu, the rest of my team and I have got his back.

Plus, I might just be growing low-key fond of him after replaying LGPE, at least as a villain. Never thought I'd say that either but here we are.

Hugh, Wally (OR/AS), Hau (US/UM)

Years
I feel like I'd wipe the floor with Hugh as my partner. Also could use his competitive spirit.

Commander Mars, Commander Jupiter, Commander Saturn

Years
Think I'd go with Mars. Simply because Purugly + her Golbat is a Crobat in the Battle Tower.

Shauna, Tierno, Trevor

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Trevor! He's the smartest of the three and has the best coverage when taking into consideration all of his available Pokémon.

Surge, Koga, Blaine. :D

Years
Dawn has a pretty stacked team in BDSP postgame, but as a character I'd prefer either of the others.
Comparing Misty's team with May I have to go with May since more type variety.

Mable, Celosia, Aliana (Team Flare scientists)

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Celosia. She has a Drapion, which could check the others' Dark-type Pokémon due to learning Bug-type moves. I, meanwhile, can handle that Druddigon with my Mimikyu or Weavile.

Mallow, Lana, Kiawe

Years
Guess I'll bump this.
Wanted to pick Mallow, but she has a Shiinotic, so that's a nope.
So I'll go with Lana as I like her team better.

Petrel, Archer, Ariana (Rocket Executives)

Back