• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need help deciding on a new phone!!

Years
hello good lads of pc,

so i currently own a oneplus 6t. it's been having issues fast-charging for a while now, and anyone who has ever owned a oneplus phone can straight up tell you that a oneplus phone w/o fast charging might as well be crippled, unfortunately. and that is where i am now, aside from the fact that my phone feels aged in the current era of 2021 and i just do not enjoy using it, anymore.

so, i'm looking for suggestions. a note that unless you can make a very persuasive case as to why i should, jumping to iOS isn't an option, sry. i am not interested in having payment plans on top of the many other bills that i have (which, to my knowledge, is how people pay for those expensive things anyway).

as a note, my budget is ~$700ish. i can go slightly above, but not too much without good reason.

pls help?? ;_;

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
im a little curious as to why not just get a newer OP phone? unless you just wanna try something different? nothing wrong with that just woulda thought you want another OP is all

Years
im a little curious as to why not just get a newer OP phone? unless you just wanna try something different? nothing wrong with that just woulda thought you want another OP is all
i wouldn't recommend OP anymore on the basis of their merger with OPPO, but that only affects new OP devices going forward.

personally i would look into the pixel 6 if you are able to get your hands on one

FlameChrome

Years
i wouldn't recommend OP anymore on the basis of their merger with OPPO, but that only affects new OP devices going forward.

so your still getting oxygenos with the already released phones? i only ask because im unsure myself, it is a shame though with the merge

edit: forgot you mentioned the pixel 6. i personally wouldnt wanna be the first to dive in on a new chip like that, but honestly should be a better transition than switching from x86 to arm like on macs since its already on the arm architecture, maybe its good i actually have to watch some reviews of it because im actually tempted myself for one even though im trying to stay away from google as much as possible.

Years

normally i'd switch to a newer OP phone, but watching techtuber reviews have made me sorta anxious on getting anything beyond like, the 7 Pro (which may as well be considered old as well at this point u_u). that and newer OP devices are a bit past my budget unless i want to go for the Nord... which idk how to feel about that. hm.

FlameChrome

Years
normally i'd switch to a newer OP phone, but watching techtuber reviews have made me sorta anxious on getting anything beyond like, the 7 Pro (which may as well be considered old as well at this point u_u). that and newer OP devices are a bit past my budget unless i want to go for the Nord... which idk how to feel about that. hm.

1. atm oneplus is having a sale on their site idk for how long though
2. i can see the concern now that they are doing a merge

so did you have any brands in mind? out of curiosity also wut are you looking for in a phone

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

I'm rocking an 8 Pro right now and it's pretty nice, even the regular 8 wouldn't be a bad option. It's normally $700 USD and is currently on sale for $400 (And the Pro is $999 down to $699). Additionally, if you don't like the Oppo-looking software coming with Android 12 there's always the option to root if you so choose.

Years
I'm rocking an 8 Pro right now and it's pretty nice, even the regular 8 wouldn't be a bad option. It's normally $700 USD and is currently on sale for $400 (And the Pro is $999 down to $699). Additionally, if you don't like the Oppo-looking software coming with Android 12 there's always the option to root if you so choose.

hmm... i hadn't considered the 8 pro much, but it being on sale is incredibly convincing. i'll be looking more into this, but from the (surprisingly glowing) reviews of it i've seen so far, i gotta say, it's kinda motivating me to jump to purchasing one!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
hmm... i hadn't considered the 8 pro much, but it being on sale is incredibly convincing. i'll be looking more into this, but from the (surprisingly glowing) reviews of it i've seen so far, i gotta say, it's kinda motivating me to jump to purchasing one!

It's a pretty solid-specced phone for the price. I have the 256GB version which does cost a bit more but I've had almost no issues with it (Just my 5G isn't working properly unless I apply a manual fix). So far though I really love it.

Years
It's a pretty solid-specced phone for the price. I have the 256GB version which does cost a bit more but I've had almost no issues with it (Just my 5G isn't working properly unless I apply a manual fix). So far though I really love it.

do you happen to know where it's on sale? i've tried looking at OP's site and maybe im blind but i'm not seeing an option to buy it.

edit: tried looking here, and i still don't see it listed, but i see a pretty decent price for the OP 8T. i wonder how that is?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
do you happen to know where it's on sale? i've tried looking at OP's site and maybe im blind but i'm not seeing an option to buy it.

edit: tried looking here, and i still don't see it listed, but i see a pretty decent price for the OP 8T. i wonder how that is?

Seems to be showing right on their main page: https://www.oneplus.com/8-pro?from=head

The 8T from what I hear isn't too bad. Haven't used it but I think a few others here might have it...

Years
Seems to be showing right on their main page: https://www.oneplus.com/8-pro?from=head

The 8T from what I hear isn't too bad. Haven't used it but I think a few others here might have it...

it shows the 8 pro itself on the main page yeah, but not the sale anywhere on their site, and it doesn't even list it on their store s:

edit: ooooh, i see it now. it's not on the GLOBAL site, is what it was.
edit 2: doesn't seem like there's an option to actually buy the thing ._.

Last edited:

FlameChrome

Years
it shows the 8 pro itself on the main page yeah, but not the sale anywhere on their site, and it doesn't even list it on their store s:

edit: ooooh, i see it now. it's not on the GLOBAL site, is what it was.
edit 2: doesn't seem like there's an option to actually buy the thing ._.

im over here trying to figure out your issues. because im on oneplus.com and i can purchase any of them :/ with the sale prices

I have also checked and the sale prices have seemed to carry over to amazon as well so if you can get it there ( heres the 8t specifically with 256gb of storage )

i cant figure out why you cant buy it from OP site, but if you dont mind amazon thats a solution if you still want OP

Years
bumping this thread bc i'm still looking for more suggestions!!

i'm not discounting samsung phones entirely but they're kinda... Too Mainstream so i'd rather stay away from those. kinda leaning pixel 6, but i've heard it's unfortunately fairly buggy even if most of those bugs are fixed. should i just wait for the pixel 7, or any other phone that may come out this year? with all the oppo-ization of oneplus, not sure i feel comfortable sticking with it.

sucks not being able to make a decision, but the good news is that i can take my time so i can make the right decision.

Years
nope, i jumped the oneplus ship after the oppo merger

i have the pixel 6 pro and have experienced very few bugs if any. keep in mind that it is flagship, so be prepared to spend a lot on this device

usually minimal gui bugs are what i've experienced but a reboot has fixed those

Years
Well Aar1n and Zach have been saying that their Pixel 6's have been serving them well for the time they've had it. Idk much about the brands available in the US outside of Google Samsung and OnePlus, but best of luck Angie!

Years
Actually, my phone broke some days ago and I am looking for a change as well. I am not quite into phones but not too much. I had a Xiaomi Mi 9 SE and I found myself pretty comfortable with that, because it had everything and it worked fine. The display wasn't really good at resisting falls lol. I haven't truly decided on a new phone either and I was about to change brand and try OPPO or Oneplus, but in the end I never find something more convenient than Xiaomi phones. I mean, my situation is different because I wasn't planning to change my phone so I am not saving money and I am not looking for a big update, but for example Xiaomi 11t seems a very good phone to me. It's around 300 euros and has good features imo. So, I will probably buy that. Even if I got my Xiaomi Mi 9 SE only in 2020, the Xiaomi 11t is a great update, I guess. I think that if I had a higher budget, I would probably see a Oneplus maybe to change. However, I don't really feel like spending too much on phones, especially cuz yeah I am actually really careful of things I own, but you never know. So, spending around 300 euros for a convenient phone is a safe choice for me lol.

Years
after some unexpected expenses i may have to hold off on this a bit u_u which is probably good news since i'll be able to see what other phones may come out later this year as opposed to making a decision soon.

Back