• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 1] Pokemon Yellow (Ash Style!)

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
zSMn58fYDfOcol62590xI-vJo7srdOTbS9LE5DIPFzU.jpg
WELCOME!

This journal is to chronicle my playthrough of Pokemon Yellow as if I were Ash himself! Meaning I can only catch his pokemon! This is an old school, often easy, and FUN challenge!

(If an admin sees this, I'd love to follow up on making a page for this challenge for each region, if there isn't one already!)

With that being said! I am not using an original version of Yellow, I am using a Quality of Life enhanced version! Every thing has remained the same, except a graphics patch has been applied!

All following posts will be quick and fast, so I don't become disinterested! It'll have my current trainer card, and will have sprites for the pokemon in the team and the box, and the occasional screenshot!

Hope this kicks great memories for everyone into gear!!​

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
UPDATE ONE!

Screenshot_20220808-110532_John GBC.jpg

Vast majority of this time was spent in Viridian Forest hunting for Pidgeotto, because raising a Pidgey felt unauthentic.

Mankey crushed Brock.

I wish I used a Kaizo version, but it will get harder as the game goes on!

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
UPDATE TWO

Screenshot_20220808-142812_John GBC.jpg

Solid start! Unfortunately, Bulbasaur will never reach its final evolution 😕

*EDIT: My emulator crashed on me and when I opened it up again, it had corrupted my save file on the game. And that just kills my vibe completely. I'll be starting a new challenge on a GBC game next!
Eventually I'll actually finish a challenge journal. It seems I have trouble with it 😆​

Last edited:

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
I remember doing this when I was younger. It was fun.

Shame your save got corrupted. Good luck next time.

Yea how annoying is that?! Lol Oh well though, it's no big deal. It sucks it made me uninterested, cause as you can see by the hours, it was taking my time and enjoying lol But you're right, it's just a fun experience!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
For GBC I use John GBC on android so i can play wherever im at, but I didn't read the warning it gives that they have a new app.
In that case, I can only recommend you to download their new app.

I don't use emulators on my mobile phone myself. I prefer to play on PC, with an emulator like Visual Boy Advance.

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
In that case, I can only recommend you to download their new app.

I don't use emulators on my mobile phone myself. I prefer to play on PC, with an emulator like Visual Boy Advance.

Yea that's what I did. I use VBA on my PC as well, but when I got an android and realized I could take them on the go, I went ham. Like having a gameboy on me at all times lol

Back