• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i want us to use this thread to talk about our cool flairs!

Years
as some of you know, i'm a very passionate person when it comes to making flairs (the fancy backgrounds that many users have on their postbit when they post around, for those unfamiliar) that just fit. my current flair bg, for example, is nice because it fits with multiple avatars that i plan to have for the forseeable future (all i have to do is change stats/mini-bio to match the "type" or colour aesthetic of whatever avatar i'm using at the time) so i don't have plans on changing it much c: plus, it's two of my favourite colours (blue/pink), so why not keep it for a while?

what about your flairs? what's your inspiration for them, and how often do you change them? let's use this thread to discuss and show off our flairs, yeah? o:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
It was inspired by weeks of thinking and from early renaissance era art.

Years
My flair is old, clunky, and outdated just like me, but seeing Rapunzel every time I post still cheers me up :)

One day I'll get round to getting good 😅

Years
It's Edmund Dantes from fgo.
People on here say I'm good at graphics but no where else so I don't really put any effort in them lol

Years
as of this post my flair (sans background, which probably matches anyway) was made to match my avatar which is a crystal-sprite era bulbasaur that i commissioned. c: the bio/stats and name were all coloured to match its type which is grass/poison.

i was considering changing the font too... still unsure on that.

edit: did it.

Last edited:
Years
I always like the vibrancy in World Trigger's official art, as well as their manga pages, so I tend to revolve around an image I like and go from there.

I've had too much fun with multiple text shadows to quit using them now and I think it's not seen much else on the forum so I like having that little unique edge.

I discovered a way to make different elements custom shapes, so I've been messing around with that too with some results definitely better than others…

That said, I really like mine so far :)

Years
i was also wondering: do you adjust your flairs for view in legacy, standard, or both? for mine, i primarily focus on standard, but i... try to make sure it's at least passable on legacy lmao

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
i was also wondering: do you adjust your flairs for view in legacy, standard, or both? for mine, i primarily focus on standard, but i... try to make sure it's at least passable on legacy lmao

since mine over the past year(s?) have been simple backgrounds only working around a few colors, it's quite easy for me to make them fit on both. And i do prefer to do that yeah. I happen to currently be viewing things in Standard, but generally Legacy just works better for forum posting imo, so I still do want to make sure that's working well too. But let's not derail this thread into a Standard vs Legacy war pls ahdfkjhsdf

I rocked some pinkish blueish astronaut avatar for the longest time in the past year and i liked that color scheme very much, matched it with some pinks/blues/yellows in username style and postbit text etc. But now I switched to this even simpler grey/black/yellow scheme and I personally think it's really neat. White background is also just so clean and yeah. I like it. It suits my personality too somehow imo, or at least the way I feel, idk if i always come across as such lmao.

just like how angie's colorful happy supercute flairs match her personality <3

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
My flair is old, clunky, and outdated just like me, but seeing Rapunzel every time I post still cheers me up :)

One day I'll get round to getting good 😅

I still love the little lantern that shows up as the cursor!

As for mine I'm trying to get better with learning how to improve my flair. I hope I can at least add an image for the background instead of the solid dark blue, but it does match with Empoleon, so it's not the worst.

Last edited:
Years

It's too much to make something I want and have it fit in Legacy too tbh and as it's an old and probably to be phased out option, I just let the Legacy users suffer instead.

Years
It's too much to make something I want and have it fit in Legacy too tbh and as it's an old and probably to be phased out option, I just let the Legacy users suffer instead.

Big same. If it was possible with CSS like how you make something fit a mobile screen, I could do it.

Years
Fairy made 99% of mine, and I just added a my personal touch a la spinny avatar. The parts that Fairy made are perfect and I'mma keep those for years to come. My avatar though, I might change if I ever get tired of this picrew lol.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
i usually find a pretty background and go avatar-less, and/or position the background to have its focal point where the avatar would normally be. avatars are so 2008 anyways

i kind of miss the early era of flairs when i was the first user on the site to do rotating avatars tho.... sometime i'll bring it back

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My flair is perfect for me. Works in both in legacy and standard and has a rotating Sylveon avatar with rainbows. I'm never changing it.

Though I have thought of doing a rotating background to show off some more cute rainbow stuff but idk yet. I feel like my flair/avatar is so me.

Years
envious of people who can keep the same flair for extended periods of time. while i can somewhat do the same, there comes a point where i get bored and need to change it (at least, i get bored of the bg after a while). u_u

Years
Usually if I set a flair, It stays as it is for 3 months or so, then I think of changing it. I also like those fancy custom mouse pointers like @colours, @Fairy, @Ash Ketchup, but I can't get round them.

I do not know whether my flair looks good or not cuz this time I have put maximum effort on creating Dio's Theme. Can someone say anything about this flair or how to improve it? And also I am too shy to ask anyone out like @Roni asked @Fairy to create flair for me.

Years
Usually if I set a flair, It stays as it is for 3 months or so, then I think of changing it. I also like those fancy custom mouse pointers like @colours, @Fairy, @Ash Ketchup, but I can't get round them.

I do not know whether my flair looks good or not cuz this time I have put maximum effort on creating Dio's Theme. Can someone say anything about this flair or how to improve it? And also I am too shy to ask anyone out like @Roni asked @Fairy to create flair for me.

Personally, I think it's cool looking!

Back