• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
I was following one of those guides to put in a sprite, and title screen, but the figures they have dont correspond with the picture that I come up with. I was trying it on an already edited rom, and I get a different picture, but when I use a clean one, the figures are exact.
Do I need restart and edit a clean rom?
Thanks

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Where can i find a program that lets me edit the text that everybody says etc? i tried the x one but icant save it into the game.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Where can i find a program that lets me edit the text that everybody says etc? i tried the x one but icant save it into the game.

Try A-text to edit in-game text. You can find it on whack a hack. But if you want to make new texts use XSE.

I was following one of those guides to put in a sprite, and title screen, but the figures they have dont correspond with the picture that I come up with. I was trying it on an already edited rom, and I get a different picture, but when I use a clean one, the figures are exact.
Do I need restart and edit a clean rom?
Thanks

I didn't quite catch that :\ But yeah use a clean ROM.

Can some one tell me or lead me to a tut that tell me how to edit the grass animation of pokemon Fire red?

Here is a good one by thethethethe.

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
I would like to know if it is possible to edit the intro movie for the advanced generation games.
Like I want to change some stuff around, like put the leaf-water drop scene after the chase of the Pokemon in the Hoenn games.(I don't actually, but I have different plans... )

If its possible, how would I go about finding the offsets for how its played and what is played?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I would like to know if it is possible to edit the intro movie for the advanced generation games.
Like I want to change some stuff around, like put the leaf-water drop scene after the chase of the Pokemon in the Hoenn games.(I don't actually, but I have different plans... )

If its possible, how would I go about finding the offsets for how its played and what is played?

That would require some heavy ASM man...
Sorry, but unless HackMew's "Intro Ed" is that hardcore, you wont be editing that any time soon...

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I can't ask Christos because he's not online, and I can't find an exact working answer via search so..

Does anyone know the image offset of the textbox in FR? I already have the pal offset xD

Re-posted. Seems I was skipped over xD

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Re-posted. Seems I was skipped over xD

I don't know the exact offset but look in VBA's tile viewer (while the textbox is open) for the memory address and serach the adress in the memeory viewer. Then search the bytes that appear and you'll find your offset. Then use that offset in Tile Molester for the textbox.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Does anyone know another way of inserting your own hero sprite (E.g, when you select boy or girl, its that big sprite) other than the tutorial Dante made? Because it seems that When i save my BG as a .act, it saves it as .pal, and I don't have photoshop. I'd like this answered A.S.A.P, as i wont be able to continue my hack wihtout it >.<

Years
Hey I have a problem. See:
judfgj.png

What have I done wrong?

Years
Hi, I have Megamap (that I don't understand totally) and GoldMap to edit POkémon GOLD. And I have questions for them:
1. How I can create more warps, people, scripts... without destroying all?? (When I change the number of people, ALL elements of the map are reseted, for example, the sprite is, but not the content)
2. How I can create more MAPS??
3. How I can saw the content of the scripts?

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
I don't supposed anyone would know how to detach a map from another map. My problem, is that my map looks the way it should in Advance Map, but in game the tiles are different and I can not leave the house. I have checked the warps. They seem fine. I think the map is tied to another in some way.
In Advance Map:
ExhibitA.jpg
In Game:
whyyyy.png

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I don't supposed anyone would know how to detach a map from another map. My problem, is that my map looks the way it should in Advance Map, but in game the tiles are different and I can not leave the house. I have checked the warps. They seem fine. I think the map is tied to another in some way.
In Advance Map:
ExhibitA.jpg
In Game:
whyyyy.png

Yep, 'cause they use the same footer :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2010
How do I get the thing that takes you to a place on its own to change its course on fire red?

edit: i put the image of the maps in my sig

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
In Advance Map:
ExhibitA.jpg
In Game:
whyyyy.png
In A-Map, go to the messed-up map. Go to Header, then press Ctrl+H. Scroll down to Map Data. In there, there's a box that says Map offset, replace that with a free offset, and click Save and reload map. Then test it in game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back