• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

P_S_B

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Hello all,

I have a relatively major issue relating to Pokemon Centers. Namely, whenever I try to enter one in a Generation 1 rom, the game freezes. I've tried multiple roms, so I suspect that it's something to do with my emulator. I use VisualBoyAdvance version 1.7.2. If anyone can solve this issue, I would very much appreciate it as it is rather difficult progressing through the game without Pokemon Centers. I am aware that I could use a different emulator, but I like VisualBoyAdvance and I would much rather solve the problem than avoid it.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Ok, I am having trouble with the Dolphin emulator. The one that's supposed to play Gamecube and Wii Isos. But I can't get any Isos to play on this. How do I fix this?

Ok, even though my other question hasn't been answered yet I have another one. I found an Emulator to run Mobile games but I can't get it to work. It keeps saying,"Fail to download Jad File". How do I fix this?

Edit again: How do I play DS Roms where you have to speak into a mic to play the game?

Last edited:

School days again...
Years
I'm having a problem with NO$GBA, every time I save the game in Heart Gold, it says NO$GBA Fatal: The rom image has crashed. Is it normal and one more thing, if I played some Pokemon games too long, the message also appears. Please I need help with this.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm having a problem with NO$GBA, every time I save the game in Heart Gold, it says NO$GBA Fatal: The rom image has crashed. Is it normal and one more thing, if I played some Pokemon games too long, the message also appears. Please I need help with this.
It's because of games... HG/SS are too hard to be emulated on No$GBA...
Ya have to have special version of it to make it work... but this sentence and lags will be there too...

School days again...
Years
It's because of games... HG/SS are too hard to be emulated on No$GBA...
Ya have to have special version of it to make it work... but this sentence and lags will be there too...

Is there an emulator that would on HGSS roms that would not crash the rom image?

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
There's DeSmuME but it's slower with it...

When it starts working slow go to the menu and click on,'Shut Up'. That should fix it.

I am having trouble with the Pokemon Dash Rom. I can't get Pikachu to run. I have to keep rubbing the icon in the direction the arrows are pointing and Pikachu walks it doesn't run. And it won't keep on moving either. It moves one step, then stops. What am I doing wrong here?

When I record videos of me playing games on VBA how do I format it into a video file so that it can be opened up with other things besides VBA?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2010
hey im new.can anyone pls tell me how to emulate the games i got from this site??their .ips files that i cant emulate.pls tell me wat to do!!:(

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
The Legend of Zelda Four Swords GBA: Is there a way to play the Four Swords game on the Rom, without having to have more then one player?

mukkamukka

Elite Four Champion
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
does anyone know where i can get the poke.txt mentioned in irish wichs tutorial?

ninjakid230

ninja of the night....
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2011
hey im new.can anyone pls tell me how to emulate the games i got from this site??their .ips files that i cant emulate.pls tell me wat to do!!:(

the .ips file has to have the same name as the rom it is a hack of and they must be in the same folder
i think that solves your problem

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
E and EU differences?

What is the difference between ROMs that are labeled "Pokemon Platinum (E)" and those labeled "Pokemon Platinum (EU)".

I downloaded one of each of those to check out, but just started them recently. So, far I haven't noticed any difference, but I was wondering if they really are different versions or if they were just given different names.

Is there anywhere that has a list of the different ROM endings (or whatever the E, EU, U, J and others are called) with what country or region it means they are from?

Lucciola

Vibing with the music
Years
Okay this isn't actually for me but a mate of mine

I have a DS emulator, but I don't play the only game I have for it, (diamond) because its SO SLOW.
Any help on why that might be?

That's what he wrote, now I don't have the problem myself cause I got it fixed but my memory sucks so I can't remember the info/details of how to fix it and know the forum I found the information on and will try and track it down, but it's a big pretty big forum and I don't know how long it'll take so I thought you guys might be able to help quicker.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Okay this isn't actually for me but a mate of mine

I have a DS emulator, but I don't play the only game I have for it, (diamond) because its SO SLOW.
Any help on why that might be?

That's what he wrote, now I don't have the problem myself cause I got it fixed but my memory sucks so I can't remember the info/details of how to fix it and know the forum I found the information on and will try and track it down, but it's a big pretty big forum and I don't know how long it'll take so I thought you guys might be able to help quicker.
Does he use a DeSmuME?
Because if he does, here's an FAQ taken directly from the DeSmuME webpage on slow speed:
Spoiler:

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
Years
I recently downloaded a Pokemon Stadium rom from coolrom, but I'm having some trouble with the controls. 'A' & 'B' I can find just fine, but the shoulder and c pad buttons are still beyond my grasp. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I have question regarding the sound in DS Emulators. I tried running ROMs in no$GBA and desmuME.
While the video is almost good, the sound is just horrible. I can recognise the original tune in it, but it's cracking like a microphone that has noise in it... a lot of noise.
I noticed the emulator isn't working on 100%, more 60%. >_>

Is there a way to fix these troubles? I'm no pc/emu wiz, so I'd like a clear explanation. ^^' Thank you in advance.

(Oh, yes, I'm working with Vista)

Back