• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem Animation Studies (Pixel Art)

Years
This thread's life won't have a ton a structure to it, but I wanted to study something new and invite everyone to work with me. I haven't played a ton of it, but I was really taken with the battle sprites for Fire Emblem (Blazing Sword) when I did play.

20140207033215!FE6_Sage_Critical.gif

23-zephiel.gif

I guess I wanted to take some time and think of some challenges or exercises to do while studying this. Editing sprites while still trying to time the animation correctly, making a new attack for a character, making damage taken animations, creating a new character itself, or things such as that. I'm interested in things like how the wiped animation works so well and how fluid these movements can be in such a limited size.

It's hard to realize that this is the same tech as the pokemon gba games, who's animations peaked at:
143.gif

0jJRLBb.gif

0gL1VoP.png

So I guess, let's start with thoughts? What do you like about these animations? What makes them successful? What could make them better? What would you do if you could sprite well in this style?

Last edited:
Back