• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I have added some Pokémon-grass to my map. Through A-map, I chose Charmander and Squirtle to appear. However, besides those two, I get "????????" (big round question mark) appearing all the time. I dó have given the player a Pokémon.
As for the offset of the grass, I left it blank (well, default: $000000). Should I edut that somehow?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I have added some Pokémon-grass to my map. Through A-map, I chose Charmander and Squirtle to appear. However, besides those two, I get "????????" (big round question mark) appearing all the time. I dó have given the player a Pokémon.
As for the offset of the grass, I left it blank (well, default: $000000). Should I edut that somehow?

If your list only show Charmander, and squirtle, then a bunch of blank spaces, then you are going to see a bunch of blank pokemon...

Instead of your wild pokemon list looking like this...

Charmander
Squirtle
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------etcetc

Try like this...

Charmander
Squirtle
Charmander
Squirtle
Charmander
Squirtle... and so on..

PROTIP: The pokemon nearest the bottom of the list are the ones that show up less... IE: RARER

Years
If your list only show Charmander, and squirtle, then a bunch of blank spaces, then you are going to see a bunch of blank pokemon...

Instead of your wild pokemon list looking like this...

Charmander
Squirtle
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------etcetc

Try like this...

Charmander
Squirtle
Charmander
Squirtle
Charmander
Squirtle... and so on..

PROTIP: The pokemon nearest the bottom of the list are the ones that show up less... IE: RARER

:O so I have to fill in every box...? That's weird, but it does make sense. Thanks for your answer!

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
I believe this happens because the game isrefreshing itself very quickly all the time, so when you edit and then go back into game, the thing will have reset. I dunno properly, maybe an ASM hacker will be able to shed some more light on this. :3

VBA only monitors it and 'edit in run time'.

If you want to change it in your hack, you must use assembly.
http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#gbaiomap

thnx i had i smallidea on what todo but didnt know howto do it xD

what about ther debugger gba? would that help too?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Does anybody know how to change the Hoenn Pokedex order in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?

And before you say anything, let me say this: Team Snagem's Pokedex order editor CANNOT do this, it can only modify the National Dex order, and when you edit the "regional" numbers, all it does is change the number that displays on a Pokemon's summary, not the actual Pokedex. The actual Hoenn Pokedex remains exactly the same no matter what.

So is there anyway to change the Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Does anybody know how to change the Hoenn Pokedex order in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?

And before you say anything, let me say this: Team Snagem's Pokedex order editor CANNOT do this, it can only modify the National Dex order, and when you edit the "regional" numbers, all it does is change the number that displays on a Pokemon's summary, not the actual Pokedex. The actual Hoenn Pokedex remains exactly the same no matter what.

So is there anyway to change the Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex?

Not my fault you don't know how to use it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAFqVgPT-wE

thethethethe told me how to do this and there is no other way as far as I know. If you would like to try yourself with a hex editor then pm me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
How would I, if it's even possible, look into the ROM of Pokemon RBY to see what the encounter rate of specific areas is (Example: What the percentage is of encountering a pokemon when you step on a specific tile, grass, water, etc.)

Also, would it be possible to look into the ROM and look at what pokemon appear on each route and what the probability of each is? Would it be possible for me to determine the relative possibilities of each level they can be encountered at, as well?

I could really use a resource for looking into the ROM of these games, everything I've found here is related to Fire Red, Ruby, and Emerald. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
How would I, if it's even possible, look into the ROM of Pokemon RBY to see what the encounter rate of specific areas is (Example: What the percentage is of encountering a pokemon when you step on a specific tile, grass, water, etc.)

Also, would it be possible to look into the ROM and look at what pokemon appear on each route and what the probability of each is? Would it be possible for me to determine the relative possibilities of each level they can be encountered at, as well?

I could really use a resource for looking into the ROM of these games, everything I've found here is related to Fire Red, Ruby, and Emerald. Help would be greatly appreciated.
There aren't too many documents on those ROM's here. Unfortunately, you have to look for documents on RBY games elsewhere. Here's a good document that covers the editing of wild Pokemon amongst other things.
http://www.romhacking.net/docs/[75]gmg2hpgr2c.txt

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Uh dude... let me say this:
I know how to use it, but I'M NOT TRYING TO EDIT THE NATIONAL DEX!!!!!!!!! Your video shows a re-arranged National Dex, that is not what I'm trying to do. I would like to modify the Hoenn Regional Dex. The one with 202 Pokemon, not 386.
IT"S THE SAME THING!
I just haven't updated the editor. Editing the National affects the Regional Dex somehow. I don't know exactly how but it does. I wanted to figure out exactly how it works before updating the tool.

Switch the National numbers of 2 Hoenn Dex Pokemon and take a look at the pokedex.

Try it with ruby. Here are some codes to help
Spoiler:

Now stop saying the tool doesn't work when it in fact does. Just because I didn't specify on how it works doesn't mean it doesn't.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
@ASH
I think it will mess up the rom.
Do it the hex way. That way it's safer.
I'm unsure of what Overworld changer can cause to your rom.. maybe if you rezise one sprite, the one beside it will also be resized...

One question guys.
How do i use sethealingplace of JPAN patch?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Can anyone please link me to the Door Animation offsets in Emerald and Ruby please? More specifically the Rustboro houses, and Sootopolis houses please.

Years
Hello, I have a question with POKEMON GOLD (GBC). Is very simple: How can I edit the connections of the maps? Yes, I know that I can do it with MEGAMAP, but it's too complicate. Anybody can explain me how to change the connections with Megamap?
Thank you so much.

Juan

Brazilian with a bad English
Years
Can anyone please link me to the Door Animation offsets in Emerald and Ruby please? More specifically the Rustboro houses, and Sootopolis houses please.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=198705

Door Manager edits the door animations.
If you want the offset to do something, it also shows them.

Hello, I have a question with POKEMON GOLD (GBC). Is very simple: How can I edit the connections of the maps? Yes, I know that I can do it with MEGAMAP, but it's too complicate. Anybody can explain me how to change the connections with Megamap?
Thank you so much.

Hex

Kez_2007

..mmm.... Cookies....
Years
I got a question

Is there any way to make a trainer that is a copie of your main players current team at a set level ?

eg. if main player had Staryu, Raichu and goldeen Lv 43, 49 and 53 respectivily
then the trainer would have Staryu Raichu and Goldeen at lv X
X being the set level

if anyone knows the script or how to do this it woud be MUCHLY apriciated

Years
I got a question

Is there any way to make a trainer that is a copie of your main players current team at a set level ?

eg. if main player had Staryu, Raichu and goldeen Lv 43, 49 and 53 respectivily
then the trainer would have Staryu Raichu and Goldeen at lv X
X being the set level

if anyone knows the script or how to do this it woud be MUCHLY apriciated
Sorry, I don't know how it would be done, but as far as I know, it could be done with scripting. Probabaly something like flagchecking or something? Anyways, if it is possible, I assume fairly advanced scripting would be needed.
My own question- when replacing the "Fire Red Version" logo, what should I do when it takes the palette of the blue and yellow "Pokemon" logo? I've got a backup, so no worries there, but I still need to know how to fix it ^^.

Years
Sorry, I don't know how it would be done, but as far as I know, it could be done with scripting. Probabaly something like flagchecking or something? Anyways, if it is possible, I assume fairly advanced scripting would be needed.
My own question- when replacing the "Fire Red Version" logo, what should I do when it takes the palette of the blue and yellow "Pokemon" logo? I've got a backup, so no worries there, but I still need to know how to fix it ^^.
If you're talking about if it'll use the palette,I don'tr think it'd use the blue and yellow palette.The version logo uses a different palette.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2021
How would I move the respawn point from losing to a pokemon trainer? Like, what does it require - scripting? ASM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back