• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
"Naturalness" is just another societal construct. So based on certain vantage points, one could argue that homosexuality is unnatural: still doesn't give it any objective value though.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
"Naturalness" is just another societal construct. So based on certain vantage points, one could argue that homosexuality is unnatural: still doesn't give it any objective value though.

It could also be said it is 'natural'. Cue evidence of homosexuality among different animals, penguins, monkeys.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Of course, I'm not supporting the "unnatural" standpoint, I'm just saying that the reason those people are so tied to their views is because the argument makes sense from their point of view, which is why it's so hard to change people's minds.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah, pretty much everything about humanity is "unnatural" though. I don't understand why natural = good for most people anyway, and I'm sort of a tree hugger. lol

PsyKiss

Not So Innocent Cutie Pie
Years
Browsing tumblr, and stumbled across a post.

Not going to post it because I don't want to do anything to send people over to anything (Not saying yall will, its just a policy I do)

It was one of those 'pick your pronouns to smash to gender binary' kind of posts. It is really hurtful to see these people pick pronouns like its some kind of game. I'm someone who really wants there to be a third gendered pronoun, because thats all we need to add to the mix. We don't need pronouns like "bunself" and "faeself" when the crediability of the main third pronouns aren't even taken seriously.

Even if you are joking, or its some inner circle thing. The fact that its getting out there and around is making genderqueer people, no wait all of trans people look like this is some kind of play thing and we are choosing to do things in order to be cute and trendy.

Special snowflakes like this annoy me. Its just really aggravating, because whenever I announce myself as genderqueer to people I know through tumblr or an old community I was apart of, this is what they think I am. Urgh

/rant

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
take solace in the fact that the faeself/bunself stuff is done by a relatively small number of people and in a small subsection of tumblr

it won't have any genuine impact on genderqueer/trans people because no one cares what they (the bunself people) are doing past making fun of them and calling them out for accessorising gender identity to go with their uwu aesthetic

take solace in the fact that the faeself/bunself stuff is done by a relatively small number of people and in a small subsection of tumblr

it won't have any genuine impact on genderqueer/trans people because no one cares what they (the bunself people) are doing past making fun of them and calling them out for accessorising gender identity to go with their uwu aesthetic

Years
Sorry for the rant, please bear with me.

Why on earth are there so many homosexuals (and I'm mainly talking about lesbians here) hating on bisexuals? I'm sick of having to justify my orientation every single time I come out to someone. Some claim I'm in denial about being homosexual and some say I make it up to get attention. Oh, and then there are those lesbians that right out say that I'm disgusting for having slept with men. Wow... I don't even know what to say. It's bad enough that a lot of straight people discriminate against bi and homosexuals but that people who are longing for acceptance and who have to deal with so much stigma about their sexual orientation themselves go and act all intolerant is even worse in my opinion. People always talk about homophobia and transphobia but nobody cares about biphobia. I don't think many people know that it even exists. You know what? If I could choose my orientation, I'd pick either the gay or straight side because being in-between give you hatred from both sides.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've never really encountered biphobia in my travels. People come out as bi before they come out as gay because they feel like people are more accepting of your homosexuality as long as you're still heterosexual as well. That's not to say that it doesn't exist, because clearly you're experiencing it, just that I've never come across it anywhere myself.

I think where your lesbian friends are getting their attitude from is that a lot of girls do tend to pretend to be bi for attention. It sucks, but it does spoil it for the people who are legit. I think where biphobia might also come from too is straight and gay inability to understand being attracted to two opposing things at the same time.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Wearing clothing is unnatural too, ya know.

You. I like the way you think.

Browsing tumblr, and stumbled across a post.

Special snowflakes like this annoy me. Its just really aggravating, because whenever I announce myself as genderqueer to people I know through tumblr or an old community I was apart of, this is what they think I am. Urgh

/rant

Tumblr nowadays is generally a cesspit of awfulness. 'Special-snowflakes' tend to gather together there and, excuse the expression, have a gigantic circlejerk about each other and how unique they are.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
Tumblr nowadays is generally a cesspit of awfulness. 'Special-snowflakes' tend to gather together there and, excuse the expression, have a gigantic circlejerk about each other and how unique they are

This. Honestly, I wouldn't take Tumblr very seriously, a lot of people there that use sexuality and gender as personal accessories are usually impressionable teens who try to "stand out" so to speak. You just do you, and don't worry about them, they're not worth your anger or time. :)

Actually, in general Tumblr's become a pretty toxic place, at least from what I've observed. I got caught up in it's echochamber and didn't realize how extreme and horribly poisonous the majority of it's user base is till recently.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
Years
People on Tumblr making labels generally doesn't bug me too much because meh.

But what does bug me is that people are saying these identities are oppressed and trying to get into the LGBT community. You are not oppressed for being things like panplatonic (which is defined on mogai-archive as "seeking a platonic relationship without any preference to gender"). I mean, what's the worst that'll happen to someone that says they're panplatonic? Someone says that the label is silly and describes most people? That's not oppression.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
You're lying

Panplatonic hasn't actually become a created word

You're lying

You have to be

If you're not, it signals the coming of the end of days.

Back