• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Aww I'm really sorry DDD... I've been wanting a shiny Corsola since I had a pink one in Gold. ;-;

Well, I chained around 1 am today and on my 57th, I got a male Careful Absol. On 59th, I got a female Jolly Absol and on 61st, another female Jolly one. My chain broke at 67th... Yeah yeah, I know. I sound like some goat here without much evidence... D: I grabbed my cruddy camera and I took a video of my shinies in my box but my brother won't help me upload it. >_> I know how to do pics so once I get some batteries, I'll do that. But I don't really care if people believe me, you're all just strangers anyways and I don't care what you think since I'm happy with my hard earned legit shinies. XD

Good luck everyone on your shiny hunts. ^_^ I might go back hunting on Monday since I'm so backed up on my trades. And lol Fufu, you have a lot of work to do. XD

TwilightBlade

Years
No... I gave up on Latias a few months ago since school exams were annoying. xD You don't have her yet either... D; I don't know what to really hurn for next... Guess I'll try my luck with the swarm tomorrow. :S Wait, Monday is tomorrow huh? XD 4th of July is... umm Wednesday I think... My gawd, my DS has a calendar. D: I'll hunt for shinies on the 3rd or 4th. Might try Giratina then.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, after many days of what seemed like useless chaining, I have seen two shiny Zangoose, and I plan to catch more... The first one appeared on chain 38. I had been resetting for a while, and I was fairly happy that it had appeared. The best part of it was, I wasn't even resetting for a shiny yet, I was just looking for a suitable patch. I'm battling the second shiny Zangoose right now, and it was encountered the same way (resetting to get a suitable patch to continue my chain). I have a Jolly Synchronize Abra in the front, so let's hope they have Jolly natures.

Edit: What the HECK!!! MY DRAGONITE JUST USED EQ!?! HOW?!?!?

Edit2: I ended up getting only two shiny Zangoose. My chain was broken by a Bibarel. I'm satisfied.

Last edited:

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
no luck on my secret shiny and i have not trained my shiny shinx because i want to poke radar the same time but i want my secret shiny so bad

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Thanks for the info, King Kobra, I appreciate it! Good luck on all of your hunts, everybody.

Years
Okay, I've done 556 Drifloon resets now. My plan was to stop at 1000 until next Friday, but it's taking longer than I expected. I'll make up my mind sometime today.

TwilightBlade, no one here doubts you to my knowledge. Don't get upset about me asking about your Eevees. It's standard procedure, and you'd be surprised at how many times we've had people trying to pass off cloned and/or hacked shinies as valid here.

Congrats on the Zangeese, Fufu! What's your opinion regarding multiple shinies from the same chain on cards? I see you're not counting yours, but do you think it's fair for others to count them? They're unquestionably valid, but they kind of spoil the whole shiny hunting concept, or at least turn the cards into eyesores with dozens of the same things just sitting there while the stars rack up. This question goes for everyone. Do you think they should count? If Pokerealm were to join or if Shuko were to return (ironically enough, it was Shuko who laid the first seeds for what would eventually become the SHC cards), they'd end up with totally messed up cards showing very long streaks of the same things.

Wooty, you may join.

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
u should count only ones that r different not multiple

say u have 3 shiny starly
u can put a shiny starly on
a shiny staravia
and a shiny staraptor
if they evolve them like that

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
This question goes for everyone. Do you think they should count? If Pokerealm were to join or if Shuko were to return (ironically enough, it was Shuko who laid the first seeds for what would eventually become the SHC cards), they'd end up with totally messed up cards showing very long streaks of the same things.

Well, think of it this way. If you got the same mon multiple times by just normal shiny hunting would you put them on the card? I think you should as they are legit. I would continue making the cards by they always get messed up when I do them, I think I'm doing something wrong when I put them into imageready to animate them.

Congrats on the shiny's Fufu!

I am still SRing [hint] for my secret shiny on Emerald, it gets rather boring but I'll stick with it until i get Diamond.

Good luck all.

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
hey guys :(

I'm in Ft. Meyers visiting my 7 yr old cousin. Guess what 7 yr olds like to do? Grab your DS and press all the buttons on the title screen (i didnt even know thats how you reset...) so that means all shinies....gone. Im currently at 2 badges and back at Windworks for my shiny pachirisu back! I neeeeeed my shiny pachirisu :( i also learned not to drop in on a 10 foot halfpipe on heelys if youve havent warmed up on smaller ramps yet, it ends with a broken camera screen and a bruised thigh...

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Wow. That...sucks. Good luck there, Geo.

Started properly training shiny Salamence last night. She is now at Lv76, fully EV tained with all her moves. When she hits Lv100, then I train Roselia, then breed the last 2 team members, then train them. Then I can hopefully hunt my next target.

TwilightBlade

Years
MetalMario, thanks but first off the were Absols... Not Eevees. O_O If I just got 3 shiny Eevee, I wouldn't be here anymore but partying my head off like crazy. 8D
As for the multiples on the cards, I'd love to add them since I worked hard for my 3 Absols but I've seen people with almost a dozen of the same shiny by chaining but now 12 is more annoying to see on a card then 3... But it's not fair since they worked hard too. Maybe put the species on there and a number on the side? I don't like the "Starly, Staravia, and Staraptor" idea because that's just as annoying as seeing 3 absols or other non evolved pokemon. I say put a number by the pic like Shuko had in her sig. ;P Oh dang, I need to get a card soon... I'll look for the shop sicne I remember seeing it when I first joined PC. I could also help make cards too if you need help with that.

ShinyGeo, aww I'm really sorry to hear that... I think I still have your shiny Torterra though. :D I hope you find even more shinies this time around and gain all of your old ones back easily too.

Dragon Tamer Ed, I noticed you had a shiny Deoxys... What game did you get it from? o_O

As for me, I've been busy and my wifi got busted yesterday by my brother... Jerk. >_> I deleted his FireRed file and did a new game on it so we're even. I was going for a shiny Charmander but I'm gonna try to soft reset for a shiny Lapras in the Rockey place. Wish me luck since I hate soft reseting so long and good luck to everyone else here. Congrats on the Zangooose, Fufu. ;D

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Thanks for the congrats, Yami and Twilight.

Ed, where are you training your shiny Salamence? I finished EV training my shiny Zangoose a while ago, and I've just been training it against the Weak5. It's at level 78 currently.

Well, I meant to post this here earlier, but I forgot. Basically, I've decided to re-Ev train most of my shinies. I've always planned on doing this anyways, but I always procrastinated. Now I feel like doing it. The only thing standing in my way is the amount of date-tampering I'll have to do on my DS in order to use the Pal Park Glitch and get over hordes of EV reducing berries.

I'll still be actively hunting. In fact, while I train on Diamond, I've been soft resetting for Squirtle, Mudkip, Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, and Beldum (not simultaneously, though). Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:

cannadakid

Breeder in training
Years
can i join this club. ive just recently started to catch shiny pokemon but ive made a good start

i have a shiny electivire and used to have a shiny machoke and golbat

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Oh man that has to be totally brutal ShinyGeo. I always have it in the back of my head that something's gonna happen to my Pokemon. I like PBR's upload feature.... in case something happens to them, I'll have them on there. I wish I could "reload" them somehow, if something DOES happen... but hopefully nothing will.

Speaking of PBR, that's all I've played. My Pokemon ROCK. I pretty much just went through it with Roserade, Electrode, and Tyranitar. It almost makes me cry how well they do and know how they work.

I haven't done no searching whatsoever but I am tonight. For a Pokemon I now so desperately need. And hopefully I'll get a Sp. Attack + nature for it (except Quiet.)

That Pokemon is... Charmander. = O

XD

Big surprise. But man... I really do need shiny Charizard more than ever. I don't have 4 Pokemon to do in double battles (just those 3) so there's always been an odd-man out, having to use someone else....

I plan to use my Charizard with my own moveset, like before. But instead of running

Shadow Claw
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Heat Wave

I may base it upon more as a special attacker, since Roserade (and maybe Electrode; it's done more than you and I expect it to) is my ONLY special sweeper. Tyranitar and practicly the rest of my shinies are Physical people.

Which reminds me.

Of a CRUSHING defeat on my bad..........

I didn't realize Scyther was only able to know Baton Pass through breeding.

So that cuts out My Agility+Dance+Pass, which was going to be a crcial part of my team... After I found that out just LAST WEEK.... I was pretty down the whole day. My world really fell apart, and the fact the only thing I can do with Shiny Scizor is a Physical Sweeper, but with that sad, sad Calm Nature....

Regardless, my Electrode is doing great, and it'll only have 250 in Sp. Attack. It's good enough for my means. It helps out my TTar. It has avenged both Roserade and TTar before. That's enough to get me choked up again. XD

Anyway, congratulations everyone....
Although I wouldn't have my TTar and Roserade... I must say, I dislike the radar. It's really taken out the fun of the shiny pokemon thing.

And if I didn't mention before, I lost my sudden death with Corsola. Even though it's beautiful, and I like it alot, it's not really what I need right now. What I need is Charmander, more than ever. Charizard is such a versatile Pokemon, so I should be able to work around alot of things, just as long as the nature isn't minus speed. Because that 10% can REALLY mean something sometimes.

Oh, and also, I checked up on my Eevee and Machop (which is Machamp now, but not trained and is still on GBA). Eevee's good (shame the Modest nature is gonna go to waste, sorta), and Machamp...
is deadly.
And I mean it, too.

And since it's still on GBA, it has access to the elemental punches, a LOT of crap people will hate to see. I already use TTar and Roserade too much; this dude will be right up there with them. ^_^

I sorta feel sorry for Gastrodon, but... that's the way the cookie crumbles. =/

Good luck everyone! Hopefully, HOPEFULLY I can get my Charmander very soon!

-DDD

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
Thanks for the sympathy guys and @ TwilightBlade but i never counted him because i got him off of GTS...:( anyways i still havent gone for my 3rd badge i really need that pachirisu.So far im guessing ive seen about 300 pachirisu's...i was wishing that pink pachi would show up on the first 100 but nope now im hoping for the first 1000.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
I caught my 7th pokeradar shiny today, this one is another shinx to complete the set.

I only went after shinx because i was annoyed at my swarm chains breaking, it took about 15 max repels for him appear, and i caught him in a net ball, just because i could :)

sta40061lh7.jpg

sta40060vx3.jpg

sta40065lu7.jpg

sta40064vk2.jpg

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Hey everyone.

Internet's been having problems over the last couple of days but it's OK now. I've got shiny Salamence to Lv100 and Roselia EV trained. Though I've been too busy to level her up. Also been trying to decide on a special sweeper, either Alakazam, Espeon or Porygon Z.

Twilightblade: Deoxys came from Leaf Green. (Spent 2 months on that God-forsaken island.)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Ed, I'd go with PorygonZ. It looks the best, and has a bit more resilience than 'Zam. IMO, Espeon should just stick to CM Passing, it gets too easily walled by Steel types.

Well, I've decided to take a break from Cyndaquil and hunt for shiny Latias again...wish me luck!

Back