• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Fargona: The Land of Dragons [OOC][T]

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
@Nido- I know your SU isn't done yet, but there are already some problems. For one, hoodies, blue jeans, and other modern clothing just don't exist in Fargona. Also, there's really no point in mentioning he doesn't wear gloves if he doesn't wear gloves; I'm only interested in knowing what he does wear. Then there's his personality, which is very contradictory and confusing. He's relaxed, but is also stoic and cold and he doesn't laugh, or joke? That really doesn't go well together... And, just because someone doesn't really get stressed, it doesn't mean they'd be courageous. It just means they don't give into pressure. A person can still run from a dangerous situation and not be stressed. A person can be scared but still not be stressed.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Yamagi messaged me saying he's dropping out. His character will be an NPC for now.

@Tyler- Mmkay, just a couple problems. Or, maybe more than a couple.

through the hard work and stress of maintaining the village
He's not maintaining a village...? At least, I should hope he's not. No one should be having any characters that maintain villages. I mean, unless they talked to me about it first. Which you didn't. Besides that I don't see anything in his history that mentions him maintaining a village. Unless maintaining is simply referring to him fixing houses in the like.

You say Leon's a big talker, than you say he gives "usually short explanations". Correct me if I'm wrong, but, aren't big talkers usually BIG talkers? Meaning, they like to talk a lot. So why would he opt for a short explanation?

his mother rarely had time for him and his sister.
Why did she rarely have time for them? Explain please.

Also, the reason for Leon's depression isn't really clear. He never knew his father, so it wouldn't make a whole lotta sense for him to be depressed about his father being dead. And there's not really anything else that's mentioned that I can see that would lead to depression.

I need a bit more on Bone's appearance. His size, eye color, etc. And I'm guessing since you didn't mention him having any kind of horns, spikes, etc., he doesn't have any? :P

knocking down trees and poisoning ponds
The knocking down trees thing, ok... But how exactly would he go about poisoning ponds? Sticking his tail in it? It doesn't quite work like that XD If it did, there would be a lot of poisoned water in the world.

In Bone's personality, there's only two things that really say anything about his personality:
This dragon can not keep his nose in his own business. If he catches a whiff or a glimpse of something strange to him, he will give chase to said thing, often shaking up the ground where he goes.
And:
He is very ignorant of the world around him
I'm gonna need more than that.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Congratulations :) we have decided to make Fargona our featured Roleplay for the week - Keep up the good writing! Fort has done a great job setting this all up.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Dragon Tamer

Name: Phillip Moradoro (Phil)
Appearance:

Phillip is of average height, approximately 5'9", and is fairly skinny. He doesn't have any defined muscles or fat, just a fairly average, skinny body. He has slightly darker skin from working out in the fields. Phillip dresses in simple clothing. He has a red-brown shirt-vest that he considers among his favorite, as well as red wristbands along his arms, which he uses to wipe the sweat off his brows on hot days working in the sun. He also has baggy red pants that extend to just about his ankles, and a pair of sandals to top it off. His dark hair is usually tied into a ponytail, although if he let it down, it would go to just above his shoulders. He also has a goatee.

Spoiler:

Personality: There's very little people can say about Phillip when they first meet him. At first, one might assume that he's so private and antisocial that he simply doesn't show much of his true persona. However, that couldn't be further from the truth. In reality, what you see is what you get. Phillip is one of the most unassuming, unambitious and overall plain people you will ever meet. He is the quintessential example of a 'regular guy', someone with neither too low of morals or ambition nor too high. He isn't overly extremely fond or passionate about anything in particular, and neither is he filled with disdain over anything either. If put into a crowded room or a lively street, he'd be one of the few people easily missed or looked over as a random citizen. He is generally friendly and easy-going, prefer to avoid conflict and arguments, and also likely to back down from one if ever someone tried to initiate him in one.

This isn't to say he's a loner or the center of attention. He's simply just another guy, and he will likely never rise about the distinction. In fact, he prefers not to. His life is a simple one, but it is one he is content with. He enjoys the calm safety of repetition and familiarity. Though he has never experienced hardship or rapid change, he would likely react with some hostility to it, and seek to establish his safe, norm of a life. Phillip is also a bit of a coward, never liking to be put in situations that are dangerous or which could potentially put his life at risk. He prefers to avoid situations like those altogether, but if he would ever be put into them, he would likely try to talk or beg his way out of it. When he does become scared or nervous, he generally blabbers constantly as a defense mechanism in a feeble attempt to return the situation to the way it's suppose to be. Normal.

History:

Phillip was blessed with a life perfectly suited to match his disposition: quiet and simple. For as long back as he could remember, he had resided with his mother and father in a quiet village out of the way from anything remotely interesting. There in the countryside, Phillip lived in harmony. His father worked as a farmer while his mother usually sold any produce they harvested in the local town nearby. There weren't too many other farmers in the area, so their produce was generally in demand. That being said, they never got in high enough demand to move their family up a class. That never seemed to bother Phillip though, who enjoyed the casual life he was given. Being too spoiled with wealth would, in Phillip's eyes, overcomplicate things, while earning a lower income would burden the family with worry and sadness. Because they never got to either stage, they were in a near-perfect limbo state, a simple life.

Phillip had a few friends he played with as a child, all of whom had some idea of what they wanted to do when they grew up, or some dream they had which they wanted to do. One of his friends had his parents killed when he was young, so he swore revenge on the man (or men, Phillip wasn't really sure) who did that to him. Another one of his friends was intent on becoming the greatest swordsman the world had ever seen. Yet another sought knowledge of the ancient magic and sorcery and of the dragons which it was tied to. Many had huge goals and high life objectives. Phillip was never sure if they ever ended up accomplishing their goals. He assumed some did, and some didn't. Such was the way life would go. He usually never found out because they would usually drift away, soon leaving to pursue their dreams or try moving on to better things. This was never the case for Phil, who simply stayed with his parents and lent a hand around, both with his father as a farm and his mother as a merchant. Occasionally his parents would ask him if he had a desire to do something else with his life. He usually just shrugged his shoulders, and went on with his day. They sometimes would press him about it, but he never really could give them an answer. There was nothing too remotely interesting for him to pursue. And he enjoyed his simply life too much to try.

This changed rather drastically one day. Phillip's parents were having their 25th anniversary soon. In order to celebrate, Phillip's father wanted to prepare a special meal for his wife. He asked Phil to go up to the nearby mountains and pick some special mushrooms that he would use as part of the meal. Normally Phil would have protested this as the trip up and down the mountain would take a few days, but he decided to accept because it was for a special occasion. Phillip traveled up the mountain the following day. While picking mushrooms quite a ways up the mountain, Phillip suddenly heard a noise, which sounded like loud breathing from a nearby cave. It didn't sound like it was any bear or anything, which made Phil curious.

Normally he would have turned away and ignored it. But for some reason, something urged him inside. As he went in, he continued to hear the sound of loud breathing, almost like snoring, and suddenly was swept with a feeling that he probably shouldn't have come in the cave. As he was about to leave, he suddenly saw inside the form of a sleeping dragon, one that was over 40 feet long! As quietly as he could, Phillip tried to back away and leave the cave. However, he didn't notice that the dragon's tail was twirled all across the cave, including next to the entrance. Phillip accidentally stepped on the tail, causing the dragon to stir from his sleep, and glare around the cave before his eyes found Phil. Instantly, Phil began to scream like a schoolgirl and run out of the cave as quick as he could. The dragon followed him, quickly whirling around and preventing him from running out of the cave.

He brought his face close to Phil's who began backing away into a corner and was on the verge of tears. The dragon brought his bright, beady purple eyes to Phil, and for a brief instant, spoke words. Phillip didn't understand, probably due to his intense sobbing, but a moment occurred between the two of them. He couldn't explain it, as it was like nothing he felt before. But in that moment, when Phil calmed down a bit and looked into the dragon's mysterious eyes, he felt a still equanimity, before a shattering brace of emotions were suddenly thrust at him at once. Whether he fainted from fear or the blast of feeling, Phil wasn't sure. All he knew is he closed his eyes, and when he opened them again, he slept beside the dragon.

When they both came too, Phillip was again initially scared, but he felt a strange calmness around the dragon he had not felt before. He also found that he strangely felt the way the dragon felt, and the same seemed to be the other way around. The two conversed for a while, the dragon revealing his mastery of the human tongue, although he also proved to be able to speak without words as well. As Phil prepared to leave, realizing he would have to go back home, he realized that the dragon had no intention of letting him go by himself. Phil tried to explain that his parents would probably not be alright with a dragon showing up with him, but the dragon, who called himself Rauum, didn't budge at all. Eventually, Phillip convinced the dragon to wait on the outskirts of town in the beginning while he first went to explain the situation to his parents. He arrived at his home and spoke to his dad. He explained about how he picked the mushrooms along the mountainside, then heard the sounds in the cave, and then ran into the long dragon, as well as explaining the moment they had as best as he could, and spoke of the bond they suddenly shared when he woke up. He laid it all out in front of his dad, who merely stared at him blankly. After a few moments of silence, his dad finally spoke.

"Well that's fine, but did you bring the mushrooms?"

Spells known: None

Other:

Dragon Bond

Dragon Species: Lung
Name: Rauum
Appearance:

Rauum is a long, serpent-like dragon. He is approximately 45 feet long, predominantly the length attributing to its long tail. He is a glistening dark green color, with a grey mane across his back extending down across his body and toward the end of his tale. His whiskers are long and white, just like his large mane, and his horns are a bright yellow protruding on the top of his head toward the back like antlers. Rauum has a smaller snout area compared to other Lungs, and has bright purple eyes which he uses to glare in a somewhat menacing manner at all who come before him.

Spoiler:

Personality:

Life in the world has given Rauum a highly established base of expertise and knowledge. He has seen and learned more in his life than the combined collected knowledge of dozens, maybe hundreds of normal men. However, living so long among humans and other dragons has taught Rauum about the harshness of reality, and made him cynical and shrewd. He considers himself wise and enlightened beyond measure, often to the point that he looks down upon most other beings in the world as waste. Because of this, he usually detests interaction with those who he doesn't view hold and acceptable level of knowledge or prowess, which is often most whom he comes across. Though he still hungers for more knowledge as most Lung do, he dispiritedly believes that his longevity has expired the extent of the knowledge to be found in this world, and now spends much of his time asleep, patiently awaiting the end of this life and the beginning of the next one. Or for something truly fascinating to happen.

RP Sample: From One Piece: The Golden Age

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cool thanks! So... what do I do now?? Hey, who wants to be semi-close to my character so that I can interact with them, eventually? x)

I'll have them work toward that place in the letter...slowly. Phillip's not exactly the guy who would rush to some far off land, after all.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
@SV- Pretty much, just get an intro post out at least. Stuff won't really start rolling until everyone is on their way to Issathon.

Though if anyone wants to interact, please do, it'd mean at least something happening XD Also, I'm not opposed to having Thia meet someone just before she leaves Lyeydra, if there's anyone in the area who wants to interact or even try to convince her to let them travel with her.

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Sorry for the wait with my SU. I forgot the SU file at my dads (again), schools coming up, and Runescape Is slowly taking over my free time, expect it out by the weekend

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
To be honest I'd completely forgotten about your SU til now. A lot going on this week, so my mind has been elsewhere o3o' I'll be eagerly awaiting your SU now that you've reminded me, though~.

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Really nervous about this for some odd reason, but here we go. Tell me if its still lacking

Dragon Tamer
Name (First and Last): Leon Saunders
Age (at least 16, but no older than 40): 21​

Appearance (at least one full paragraph. You may add a picture, but I still want a written description as well):​

Standing at 6'0 and weighing 140 lbs, Leon has a medium build. He has a rather long torso, and his upper body strength isn't terrible, it isn't the stuff of legends. He has dark blonde hair that reaches his eyebrows in front, and the top of his neck in back. He has light blue eyes, and an angular face. His cheekbones are slightly visable, and he often has light bags under his eyes.​

When it comes to clothes, he often wears a loose straw colored cloth tunic, rough dark brown trousers, and brown boots. His boots have countless scuffs on them, making them look like piles of rubbish, and permanent dirt stains on his trousers. His tunic has a deep V-neck, and the sleeves are not only too short, but droop down to his belt line.​

Personality (at least two full paragraphs. I may ask for more if I'm not satisfied):​

He is a very outgoing person and friendly person, when ever someone was feeling down, Leon always had a joke to brighten the mood. He had many friends, and tries to be friendly even to those who didn't like him. He is a big talker, and can have a long drawn out conversation about why the water flows downhill, along with other explanations that normal people would sum up in few words. He has even been asked to help teach children who require a complex explanation.​

Although he tries to laugh off any insults, he does not take them well, and will often act more shifty and curt than usual. He doesn't feel comfortable with being mocked, and will end up walking away in a slouch. He tries to hide his insecurities and depression, but he sometimes lets his weaknesses slip. He goes out of his way to help others have a good time, and usually has a good time himself, but when he is alone, he often looks toward the sky in hope for an escape from his somewhat dull life.​

Most of all, he yearns for a companion. (Fancy words and foreshadow, I am awesome aren't I?)​

History (At least three full paragraphs. If you've already met your Bond, include how you met): Leon wasn't born into the best family. His father was killed after falling off a small cliff herding goats a week after Leon's birth, and his mother rarely had time for him and his sister, often too busy with working and caring for the other village children. When she got home, she would often just walk to her room and sleep. His sister, named Leah, was probably the only plus to the early years of his life, teaching him good and bad, and how to act around others. The village (named Raddyn), noting their mother's lack of, well, being a mother, often helped the two kids out, cooking for them and looking after them. Due to the villages kindness, Leon promised to return the favor. The first step for him, was to be kind in return.​

As he got older, his mother started caring more about him and his sister. Even with the motherly attention, they where not rich, causing a large amount of Leon's clothes to be hand-me-downs. His living situation did not deter him from being an outgoing character, the adults of the village and traders staying for an extended amount of time, often noted him for his thoughtfulness, and other positive traits.​

When he hit sixteen, he started doing duties for the village on a tangible scale, consisting of repairing damaged houses, helping herd animals, and sweeping up any trash or excess debris from the nearby mountains. As an older teen, Leon was looked up to as a role model, and set a great example for the younger generations. Leon was modest about it, his depression heavy on his chest, and insisted he wasn't as good as the people say. When he was eighteen, his sister got married at the age of 23, and moved away from the village, making Leon lonely. When he finally turned 21, He was immediately set to work herding his own goats, having to hike over a small mountain to herd said goats. Then one day... his life changed. (Bum bum buuuum. Can't stop foreshadowing.)​

Other: His theme, Raging Fire, by Phillip Phillips​

Dragon Bond​

Dragon Species (Choose from the dragon species listed): Wyvern
Name: Bone
Age (Dragons typically only live to be around 150, unless stated otherwise): 50​

Appearance (at least one full paragraph. You may add a picture, but I still want a written description) (Ok) :​

Becuz Why not (Unrelated to actual Dragon)
Spoiler:

His scales are rather sleek and would be easy to sit on, how ever on his head he has very sharp spikes, also having an even sharper horn on the front of his head, making his headbutts extremely deadly. His scales resemble a dark ash color, allowing good camouflage during the night. His wings are slightly weaker than most, making flights shorter than normal. Due to his weak wings, he has developed stronger legs, allowing it to run greater distances faster, and more stamina than other Wyverns. His face seems slightly lighter heart-ed, his mouth his resembling more of a smile than a grimace. He has dark gray eyes, and is just a tad smaller then average Wyverns his age. He has very sharp claws, and has a hard time not catching them on things.​

Personality (at least one full paragraph. I may ask for more if I'm not satisfied): This dragon can not keep his nose in his own business. If he catches a whiff or a glimpse of something strange to him, he will give chase to said thing, often shaking up the ground where he goes. His nest on the side of one the Raddyn mountains, has many odd assortments of bones, odd colored barks, furs, and some gems he found laying about. He is very ignorant of the world around him, often knocking down trees and bumping into the mountain. While he is sometimes attacked by some brave bears, his poison is still as potent as any other Wyvern (Causing the untimely death of those brave bears).​

Due to his lack of human contact (except for a poor soul who fell of the mountain into its nest (The bones are still there) Also that human was TOTALLY not Leon's dad) he does not have much cares or dangers. He is a very lonely dragon, having only seen his mother until the day he could care for himself, he was brought to the mountain, and left to his own devices. Even though he is lonely, he finds ways to entertain himself. He finds great pleasure in jumping off the cliff that over hangs his nest.​

RP Sample (I don't care if it's a post from another RP, or a one you've just written up. Just as long as it's good):​

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
@Tyler- Ok, better, but still missing something! You still haven't given an explanation for Leon's depression. Also, just wanna mention, wyverns aren't heavy enough to cause quakes or rockslides by simply bumping into a mountain. Unless those rocks are very precariously set XD

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Spoiler:
Ill probably just remove anything concerning depression and insecurities, and with the wyvern thing could you make an exception :3

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Oh ok, ill fix it :( (Not saying a fat dragon is a bad thing I prefer skinny)

Fixed I hope

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
This looks like a really fun RP! I know I've been gone for a really long time, but I hope you'll consider me. :)

Cheers!

(This is still a WIP).

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back