• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

I wound up switching to Sub a long while back when XY was going. The openings helped to pull me in. XD

HECK YEAH! *high five* I definitely agree about the openings being a huge incentive for watching the sub! Also, a lot of the endings (in general, not just XY) and background themes are really amazing too! The BW series is actually what pulled me into the subbed version, and ever since then, I could never switch back, haha.

Too bad only 20-ish episodes of Advanced Generation got subbed, while the remainder of it is pretty much lost to the world... ;__; AG has always been one of my favorites, and I'd marathon all 192 episodes in a heartbeat if they got subbed!

I hope things pick up like you predict.

Regarding Sun & Moon, I do strongly believe that it will pick up. (Hopefully, at least. xD) While the episodes might seem goofy, I can tell that the writers actually know what they're doing this time. They have been carefully building up the plot and characters at a steady pace so far, and I can't wait to see how everything all adds up later on!

The only thing I dislike about the series is the direction they're taking with Litten's and Rowlet's characters, but everything else is looking very promising. And this is coming from someone who thought the series looked terrible from the trailers. xD

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

HECK YEAH! *high five* I definitely agree about the openings being a huge incentive for watching the sub! Also, a lot of the endings (in general, not just XY) and background themes are really amazing too! The BW series is actually what pulled me into the subbed version, and ever since then, I could never switch back, haha.

Too bad only 20-ish episodes of Advanced Generation got subbed, while the remainder of it is pretty much lost to the world... ;__; AG has always been one of my favorites, and I'd marathon all 192 episodes in a heartbeat if they got subbed!

What was your favorite opening?

Yeah, forgot to mention the background music as well. Like the one during Pikachu vs Mega Lucario. : D

Was that literally the only one that didn't get subbed?

Regarding Sun & Moon, I do strongly believe that it will pick up. (Hopefully, at least. xD) While the episodes might seem goofy, I can tell that the writers actually know what they're doing this time. They have been carefully building up the plot and characters at a steady pace so far, and I can't wait to see how everything all adds up later on!

The only thing I dislike about the series is the direction they're taking with Litten's and Rowlet's characters, but everything else is looking very promising. And this is coming from someone who thought the series looked terrible from the trailers. xD

How many episodes are out at this the very moment? Yeah, hopefully it doesn't simply stay goofy for the whole run.

Years

The SM dub is taking extremely long to come to the US as far as the full season goes, but it is apparently going air new episodes on Saturdays on Canada's Teletoon.

Kinda odd the English dub of SM will be airing for real in Canada first, but it may give us an idea to see how badly the dub screws it up. I already hate the new dub OP and I feel music replacement will plague the anime once again.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years

Samuel Oak can't tell if you're a boy or a girl, but Samson Oak mostly uses Pokémon names as puns.
... Which is the reason why the dub never comes, lmao.

pkmin3033

I wonder if the BW anime has finally been outdone in how reviled it is in the SM anime?

Years

Sometimes I wish the anime was replaced with a video game version of events, such as those little shorts we got last year. I found those alone to be much better than the current anime.

Years

While people loved Pokemon Generations, I hate it for intentionally shunning all the female protagonists. Seriously GF, why do you always have to make the boys the canonical ones?

pkmin3033

I don't see why people loved Pokemon Generations when it was a collection of painfully short clips that were over before they had a chance to go...anywhere. Honestly, I didn't feel Origins was very good either. The Mega Evolution specials, though? For some reason I really enjoyed those...

Years

Speaking of the Mega Evolution specials, I used to find Alain interesting but my interest in him turned into hatred after the Kalos League happened.

pkmin3033

I think that happened with most people after the Kalos League...but Ash-Greninja was ridiculous, and I don't remember people calling Ash out for his broken Charizard demolishing Gary's Blastoise in the Johto League. Although I will agree he was blatantly set up for a loss in the writing by that point and the match could have played out better if he was always going to win.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

Didn't Ash-Greninja defeat a Mega Sceptile at some point?

Odd as it may seem I was pleased the overrated frog lost to the Charizard after that nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back