• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Solid Snake

riprusse

Tokomon Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 27, 2018
2KgehE2.png
Pokémon: Solid Snake

This game is well, it's kind of embarrassing but it's basically a fanfiction. My goal is to seamlessly blend the worlds of Metal Gear Solid, and Pokémon together. I'm using RPG Maker XP, and Pokémon Essentials, as well as numerous tutorials. This game takes place in an alternate universe, several years after the events of Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel, where the events of Ghost Babel and Metal Gear 1 took place in the Pokémon universe.

The Story:
The legendary trainer, Solid Snake, infiltrated a heavily armed base off the coast of the Galuade region, to stop the Outer Heaven Uprising. As a result of this conflict, the Galuade region flew into total chaos. Several years later, a new nation formed from the ashes. This nation was called Gindra, and was lead by none other than Big Boss. Solid Snake was once again sent in to stop him.

Now the present day conflict takes place in Kanto region's Fox Archipelago. A northern collection of small islands, not unlike the Sevii islands. This secluded little area was chosen by Saffron to be the testing site of their new black project; Le Pokémon Terrible. Unfortunately for Saffron, the security they hired, FOXHOUND, which is a group of powerful trainers, specializing in covert ops, had decided to take the research for themselves. Now they're holed up on the Shadow Moses island, threatening to unleash the project on the world if their demands aren't met.

As Solid Snake, a long retired veteran trainer, it is your duty to infiltrate their base and stop them. You're the world's only hope!

Features
So far, I have included a stealth system. Once you are spotted, all enemies on the screen will begin to follow you, and if they catch you, you will have to start over. But this system is only in place if you do not have any Pokémon. There will be at least two sections in the game where you will not have any Pokémon, at the beginning, and near the middle. If you have Pokémon, then you will enter into a normal trainer battle.

I've also included a Codec system, like from the original Metal Gear Solid. It works perfectly fine, and there will be custom messages for various events in the game, and random messages. I'm aiming to have at least 20 different messages for each able contact.

Editing your party on the go. Once you meet a certain Super Nerd, you'll be able to edit your party from Pokémon collected in your PC.

A Pokédex of only 150 Pokémon. The Pokémon you can encounter on Shadow Moses island will be a mix of Kanto, Johto, and some Hoenn Pokémon.

Things I plan on implementing:
No HMs. Instead, the player will have to collect different Pokémon to do the dirty work for them. If you need to break open a wall, you will need a Fighting-type, or Rock-type in the party. If you want to surf over some water, you'll only need a Water-type. This feature will replace using weapons and equipment in Metal Gear Solid.

The cardboard box. Once you get the cardboard box, you will be able to avoid trainer battles just by wearing it. Also, it can be used for fast transportation.

I plan on recreating the entirety of Shadow Moses island in my game. Also, while the game is heavily based on Metal Gear Solid, the story will diverge from canon particularly near the end. It is a Pokémon game, first and foremost, so I want it to feel like one when playing.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Credits:
My friends have given me some help, but my friend Nomnom has helped me with choosing colour palettes, and correcting the codec screens. My friend Foodie has made some sprites, and my friend Zoggie has also helped with creating the codec screens.

I've taken my tilesets from the website Relic Castle. (If I need to, I will go out and find who specifically ripped the snowy tileset.)

And I've used some scripts by FL (species intro), and Kleinstudio (footprints).

I'd also like to thank everyone in the PokeCommunity Discord server who helped me troubleshoot in my time of need. :]

Progress Report
So far, I've implemented nearly all the mechanics I need. I've only made two maps so far, the Cargo Dock, and the Heliport.
If anyone would like to help me with development, I mainly need spriters for trainers and codec portraits, because I'm not so good at making sprites.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 18, 2019
! - I would gladly help make sprites/maps if anything. I'm better with sprite work, but if there is anyway I can help this rom see even so much as a beta release - just let me know.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
This fan game is quite original, especially with the mix of the two universes. I hope we will have the right to infiltration missions under a box. 😂

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
This fan game is quite original, especially with the mix of the two universes. I hope we will have the right to infiltration missions under a box. 😂

^this..................... if this is gonna be a MGS crossover it absolutely NEEDS the mighty cardboard box, it wouldnt be a proper MGS crossover if he didnt have the box

Days
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I'm really curious how this is going or if this project is still in progress! I just recently started thinking of doing some kind of fangame work, and had this same idea, so I had to search and see if anyone had already jumped on it.

Back