• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Garnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
New Team: Team Garnet: Join Now! Graphic Inserter NEEDED!

Yo.

My Hack I have started is called Pokemon Garnet. Why Garnet? Well most Pokemon Games derive from stones, so why can't mine? Plus the fact that garnet is black and red, evil colours, such as the main character, Silver.

Yes the game is about the trainer/thief Silver from the Pokemon games Gold/Silver and Crystal. It mainly follows the Pokemon Special Manga, but has some ties to the Anime and the games. It tells the story of Silver's adventure, running from Gold, stealing Pokemon and Badges etc. The game will have, original tiles, original sprites, and more! Now back to business.

Storyline
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I need graphic editors. I hate UNLZ and APE. Confusing as crap to me. So I would REALLY like somebody you could do the following things with ease:

1) Change and take full advantage of the title screen.
2) Be able to insert/index sprites and insert them into UNLZ, such as badges, big intro sprites and Pokemon.
3) Edit the palettes for 2).
4) Change some UNLZ stuff such as health bars, badges, etc.
5) A good mapper
6) An advanced Scripter
7) Spriter

And I think that's it :)

Application:

Spoiler:

Team So Far:
Xatoku: Leader, Story Writer, Mapper, Some UNLZ stuff Inserter, Banner Maker

SleepWalker: Mapping
Samike360: Advanced Scripter
Diegoisawesome: Graphical Insertion,Advance Scripter

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
Name: quisestquilava_1
How you'll be able to help: userbars and ...beta testing (if possible)
Proof of Work: never beta tested, but play lots of hacks. have made UB's for Pokemon Lunar & Solar (3, see thread), Pokemon steel (see thread and signature), Pokemon Icebone (since quit, but see post in thread)
Contact Information: [email protected] (or you can PM)

Sleepwalker

Some Kind Of Monster
Years
Name: Sleepwalker
How you'll be able to help: Mapping and possible beta testing.
Proof of Work: I haven't worked with anyone before. I've done 4 different self
made hacks though.
Contact Information: [email protected]

I may not be the most quolified person for the job, but If you can't find anyone, I'd love to give it a shot.

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Hey Sleepwalker, could I see some proof of work?

Make a random Johto map for example just so I can see what you can do.

Sleepwalker

Some Kind Of Monster
Years
I chose Mahogany Town. It remains in the format of Gold and Silver. I could add some more stuff to it, if nessessary. I also used default tiles, because I'm too lazy to make new ones. So it's a little plain.

Oh, and I wasn't sure to put a PokéMart or a Building. I chose a PokéMart, because I wasn't too sure if you were gonna place the Hideout or not.

And I could defidently edit it to fit more into your story. (I'm not too happy about it, I mean, it's kind of boring)

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
I chose Mahogany Town. It remains in the format of Gold and Silver. I could add some more stuff to it, if nessessary. I also used default tiles, because I'm too lazy to make new ones. So it's a little plain.

Oh, and I wasn't sure to put a PokéMart or a Building. I chose a PokéMart, because I wasn't too sure if you were gonna place the Hideout or not.

And I could defidently edit it to fit more into your story. (I'm not too happy about it, I mean, it's kind of boring)

Yeah it is boring, but clearly you know what you're doing so, you're in :D

nct28th

MY METAPOD IS HARDER LOLZ XD
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 30, 2009
Sorry

Garnet has already been taken by a pokemon hack sorry to bum you out. i had a title Legendary Emerald. call it Legendary Garnet or Ruby or what ever stone/jewel you want (:

i got bummed when my title was already taken too it sux

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Name: Samike360

How you'll be able to help:
Scripting

Proof of Work:
Pokemon Academy, Pokemon Death Spawn, my own hacks.

Here's a sample, I also can do level scripting.

Spoiler:

Contact Information:
Preferably Pokecommunity.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hey not sure if you're looking for another mapper but if you are...

Name: Swifty
How you'll be able to help: Mapping! Normally I use FireRed tiles but recently taken up using a Kyle Dove rombase XD.
Proof of Work: 1 2 3 (A.k.a random maps)
Contact Information:I have an MSN if needed :)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Wait, I should have posted it here...Name: diegoisawesome
How you'll be able to help:
1) Change and take full advantage of the title screen.
2) Be able to insert/index sprites and insert them into UNLZ, such as badges, big intro sprites and Pokemon.
3) Edit the palettes for 2).
4) Change some UNLZ stuff such as health bars, badges, etc.
5) A good mapper
6) An advanced Scripter
7) And more, just don't ask me for too much, as I have my own hack, too.
Proof of Work: Practically everything on [Beta 2 Released!] Pokémon Shining Opal - The PokéCommunity Forums
Contact Information: PokéCommunity or PM for e-mail

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Alright diego you're in, I'm on vacation right now (laptop) but as soon as I get home I'll send you the rom so you could possibly edit the titlescreen for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back