• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emotional anime moments?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
What ones tug at your heartstrings? Most recently, the one that got me choked up was when Ferris made a promise to Tirtouga that he'd come back someday and that they'd always be friends. When poor Tirtouga was frightened and being chased by Team Rocket, Ferris saved him. That got me emotional for sure.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
This is about the anime so I'll move it over to the Pokémon Anime forum!

Years
If you talk about the emotional moment in current going anime then I liked that episode when Ash met his Charizard again and Boy How Charizard liked to meet Ash again and roared loudly in the city they were staying

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I'm a bit biast towards this moment considering its my favourite, but when ash and pikachu were both hurt in episode 1 after the spearow attack and ash says to pikachu, "well, we beat them" and pikachu responds. That was the first emotional moment in the series for me.

Years
I've been rewatching all the episodes from the beginning (I'm at the end on the Advanced Battle Series now) and I'd say these moments are the best -
1. Ash standing up to face the Spearow in the first episode. Probably the most epic thing he's ever done.
2. Butterfree's goodbye
3. Pikachu's goodbye and return
4. James returning after Jessie and Meowth thought that James has left (in Holy Matrimony)
5. Ash and his Pokemon fighting the cold together
6. Leaving behind Charizard at the valley
7. Ash, Brock and Misty going their separate ways after the Silver Conference

bulbasir

Just call me Mr. Sir...
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
For me it is probably when Ash, Brock, and Misty parted ways at the end of the 5th season.

Guest123_x1

One of the most emotional moments in the anime for me is when Ash tries to run away and leave Pikachu with its wild counterparts in 'Pikachu's Goodbye', including the song that plays with flashback clips.

Years
Mostly scenes from D/P series made me emotional. The ones with Ash and Chimchar (and it's evos), the moment when Ash lost 6v6 against Paul and remembered it in next episode (they played the best and saddest soundtrack in Pokemon i've ever heard, Japanese version).

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
pretty much every time the main characters split apart i tear up a little because i know we might not see them again especially at the end of DP when brock leaves for the final time :,( also for some reason when meloetta left i had a pretty emotional reaction. btw anytime pikachu cries (mostly in the movies), i cant help it.

Years
I remember the first time I watched "Pikachu's Goodbye" and that nearly made me cry, but that was many years ago. I was just glad enough that Pikachu stayed with Ash after that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I cried when Gliscor left Ash :( I know he left for good reasons and Ash was completely okay with it, plus Gligar hadn't even been around for that long, but when the bond between those two was severed it brought a tear to my eye haha. Also the final episode of DPPt was heart breaking, but that's to be expected.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
That one episode where Ash is stuck in a blizzard and is all like "Guys! Get in the freakin' Pokeballs! It's to cold out here." And his pokemon are all like "Screw you man! We die together." But Charmanders fire tail kept them alive until the blizzard was over.

Years
How hasn't anyone mentioned the part where Ash gets turned to stone by Mewtwo, and Pikachu and all the Pokemon around him start crying and I start crying and oh it's just too much, haha. Then Mewtwo says the wisest saying ever, if you've seen the movie you should know. I think I need some tissues. ;(

Years
I enjoyed the part in movie 4 where Ash, Sammy, and Celebi watched the Metapod evolve into Butterfree and fly off across the sunrise. It was one of the most beautiful and special moments of the anime!

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
When I was younger, a lot of episodes tugged on my heart strings. The same ones y'all mentioned. Now that I'm older, and that the same type of emotional moments keep repeating themselves, nothing phases me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
When Celebi died in the fourth movie, I cried. I was a younger girl then so I was wavered by these things rather easily. The Buterfree leaving thing was emotional, too, but not as emotion as Celebi's death. Lucky for the audience, it was brought back to life by past Celebi. I was crying then, too. This is the only Pokemon moment that tugged at my heartstrings because 4kids put on this horrible music that ruined most of the sad moments for me. TCPI does that too, in a way, but I won't complain about it even if I really want to. The Lucario moment was just as sad, though.

Back