• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

or is it being kept secret?
( i assume it's secret <_<)

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
i feel like some pokemon should be untradable, like the legendarys ...
honestly, do you want to face a team of mewtwos? because i'm sure that someone will make something like that
additionally, will it be possible to trade multiple pokemon for one? or will it stick to one-one

also, just to make it clear
once an individual player catches a legendary, he can't catch another of the same type. ever. even if he trades, right?
in that case it would be stupid to trade!

will it be possible for pokemon to die in this game?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
i feel like some pokemon should be untradable, like the legendarys ...
honestly, do you want to face a team of mewtwos? because i'm sure that someone will make something like that
additionally, will it be possible to trade multiple pokemon for one? or will it stick to one-one

also, just to make it clear
once an individual player catches a legendary, he can't catch another of the same type. ever. even if he trades, right?
in that case it would be stupid to trade!

will it be possible for pokemon to die in this game?
Actually that is not a bad idea, it would help to keep people from trading Legendaries to newbies.
Your second idea makes no sense if Legendaries can't be traded anyways.
No, I don't think we'll include Pokemon dying in this game.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
This game rocks!

This fangame is awesome! I really like the idea of 'real life scale anime involved' cities and towns instead of 2 two story houses and a lab that doesn't even look like the lab in the anime in Pallet Town. Second to that, Gary's house is a two story house on the outside, but one story on the inside. What's up with that? -.- Oh whoops, I wandered off topic XD. Anyways, this is going to be the game of my dreams!

EDIT: I just read ALL 36 pages of the forum. *pant* *pant*

Last edited:

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
Years
or just use the Level-code, this means (in the original games) that a pokemon higher than the 'current level' , bases on the amout of gym badges you have, can't or is hard to control.

Like it was in Diamond and Pearl: the trading corner was only available after a few towns.

But it is maybe possible of using the Gym badges again, like: "you can only trade pokémon higher than level XX after obtaining the XXXXX City Gym badge", this means you can trade pokemon, but you cant trade them if they are higher than the amout of gymbadge that you have.

I think this isn't such a bad sugestion.

And then again, if you enter another region, it will be affected by the amout of gymbadges, you will then too need to collect all (8 i guess) Gym badges in order to trade level 70 Pokemon (For example) and if you've beaten the League, you would be able to trade all-level Pokemons.

But, your own pokémon should still listen to you, even if you have not the right gym badge yet, the gym badges would only affect the TRADED pokémon.

-> Whou, that was some typing :) Hope it's a good Idea ;)

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
Years
well, thats kind of good, but now im going to give my opinion on how to make it better:

i think it should be like this: after completing kanto (the league and everything), you are able to trade lvl XXX pokemon (50, for example), then, after completing jotho and hoenn, lvl 70 pokemon, after completing all the regions, lvl 100 pokemon.

also, the idea would be that gyms get progressively stronger, too. for example, kanto gyms go up to lvl 40, jotho, 60, hoenn, 75, sinnoh, 85...

just an idea, and i know it has some problems, but who knows waht interesting ways we may discover to make it fit the game? =0

strawhat_luffy

Teh Captain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2008
nah, I believe that we should go with the original game's system

it was like, after defeating the 2nd gym, pokemon up to level 30 would obey you, 4th gym 50, 6th gym 70, and 8th gym 100.

and it resets through every region since you don't have that region's gym badges.

Years
nah, I believe that we should go with the original game's system

it was like, after defeating the 2nd gym, pokemon up to level 30 would obey you, 4th gym 50, 6th gym 70, and 8th gym 100.

and it resets through every region since you don't have that region's gym badges.

How will that work then? After beating the first region you go onto the second region but every Pokémon (or is it just traded Pokémon, I forget) you have will not obey you?

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
this was discussed before ...
you start over with new pokemon in the new region, and you can use pokemon from previous regions when you get the correct level badges
i raised hti spoint before, i believe itw as the answer

i feel like it should be on the first post, its asked so often

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
My Return

My Return, and a Story
Hello, everyone. I am back from a project that took a little more than a month, and over 100 hours of constant work and determination. I apologize for my absence from the thread, but it was for a purpose that will soon be revealed.

First, I would like to start by explaining a series of events, and thanking someone, because without whom, the world would've never enjoyed such a brilliant idea, and game. And after realizing, I am in their dept.

Pokemon was created by Satoshi Tajiri, and is owned by Nintendo. I have played video games as long as I can remember. But I have never been more drawn to a game than Pokemon. I was introduced to Pokemon when it first released in the late 1990's, I received Pokemon Blue as a birthday gift from my dad. And since then, I have never loved a game more than Pokemon. There is so much depth within it, that it is not just a game, it's a world where people can experience an adventure unlike one ever fashioned in the history of gaming.

I look back and think what my life would have been like if I didn't have Pokemon in it. And the thought scares me. And, like everyone else who was or still is a Pokemon fan, the games brought us, that of which we could not have, an adventure.

But there was a something different about the games; it differed from the anime, in some ways good, and in some ways bad. But in one way or another, everyone thought that it was missing something; something that if that something were present within the game, Pokemon would undoubtedly be the world's best video game ever created. And throughout my life, I always thought what that void was, I always thought what was missing, so I wrote about what that void was.

And I always thought, what if Nintendo could make a Pokemon game that filled that void; and if I did, how amazing it would be. But as I started to think about that void, and I soon I discovered, that it wasn't just one void, there were many voids. There were holes of emptiness littering the world of Pokemon, and so, after realizing it, I started to fill those empty holes with ideas and thoughts that fit so perfectly, that it seemed as if Satoshi Tajiri and Nintendo crafted them themselves. And over time, I refined those ideas, until I could no more.

But back then, I was oblivious, they were just ideas, nothing more… nothing less. But I kept going, I kept dreaming and thinking, and when new generations would be released, I would be looking to fill those voids more than to play the games themselves.

So, after years and years of writing and creating ideas; I realized, that I didn't know what I was going to do once I finished filling those holes, or if I ever would. Then I thought, why I was doing this, why am I putting so much effort into something that is no more than a fantasy of a fantasy. What would I ever do with all these ideas, and creations that consumed much of my life? … What was I going to do? …

I couldn't find an answer, but I kept going. Day after day, year after year, I wrote and thought, and I thought and wrote. Then, when I was in 4th grade, I decided that I wanted to become a video game designer, even more; I decided that I wanted to work for Nintendo and create Pokemon games… but even then, that still seemed like a fantasy. I didn't know what I would do. I know that I wanted the work for Nintendo and make Pokemon games, but I didn't know how to pursue that dream. So I did what I did best, I thought about ideas, and wrote them down. I drew everything, and wrote everything I could think of for a Pokemon game; that if made, would be so perfect, it would shine like gold.

Until one day, I was in 8th grade, I discovered the Poke Community, and all the other fans who enjoyed Pokemon as much as I did. I was shocked, even though I was always on the Internet; I never knew a fan site like it existed. I immediately joined, and not to soon after, I discovered that people around the world were hacking the Pokemon games. I then realized that all my ideas and thoughts might actually be possible. So, with that in mind, I entered the world of hacking Pokemon.

But it wasn't like I thought it was, in fact, it was much different. I always thought about making a huge world, were the boundaries would be so far, it would seem to be limitless. And because of the limitations of hacking, I soon realized that what I strived for was impossible. So, I stopped hacking, too disappointed to even alter a house's location on a map. But little did I know that, I was slowly getting closer and closer to my dreams being realized.

Not to long after, I discovered that people were making their very own Pokemon games from scratch. And once again, my dreams seemed in reach of my grasp. I then went to studying the different programs that I could use to make a Pokemon game. And after a while, I noticed that the majority of the games being produced were made in RPG maker, and that many of them were dying, and their progress was stopping. I then discovered that there were scripts that people could just copy into their games code, and mimic the effects of a Pokemon game, and that once most people had to do some coding by themselves, they gave up their project.

I was instantly deterred from the program, and I didn't know what I was going to do. But then I found one user using a program called Sphere, and I read up on it, and found that that was the right one for me.

I quickly started, and after a while, I kind of got the hang of it. And after a long time of mapping and creating, I posted my thread, and expected great things to come… but I expected wrong. And I realized that many people have probably tried doing what I'm doing now, and that they all failed at their attempt. So I was determined to not fail, and to only impress, and show to people that this was possible, and that I could do it. But after a while, I looked back at my maps, and noticed that they weren't as good as I previously thought they were. In fact, they were horrible, just disgusting in my opinion.

So, I remade some things, and posted some more of my other work. Then people started gaining interest in my game, and thought that it just might work. So with that motivation, I continued, only to realize, that I was becoming lazy. I was lacking in my skills and my power. And I became angry with myself, because not everyone has the ability to do something like this, and here I am, just wasting talent, time, and giving people false hope.

So I thought, if I'm going to do something like this, I have to give it my all. If I agree to make a game like this, I can produce nothing less than perfect to achieve my goal, and anything but, will fail. I then knew that I had to realize dreams of hundreds of people. To produce this world were there are no voids, no holes, and no missing pieces.

And here I am now, a month later from that decision, baring great news and great success, but with obstacles so daunting that this is on the border of near impossible. And that only with the help of the fans of Pokemon, and with pure determination, can this game be realized. With my vision clear, and my hopes high, I vow to never give up, and to never let down. My decision is final, but it's a long and hard road, and with the support, and help from people, and the determination, and skill I and my team, and hopefully many others posses, this once fantasy of a fantasy can be realized.

But, we all must remember what we have, and we must be grateful for what we have and what we have experienced. So in due respect, and in loving thanks, we must thank Satoshi Tajiri, and Nintendo, because without them, the past 11 years would have been nothing but a fantasy. So, once again, I thank Satoshi Tajiri and Nintendo with as much love and thanks as I possibly can.

We can never repay you for the happiness that you have brought us all. This game is a symbol of our love, respect and thankfulness to you, for creating the greatest game ever made, and for the experience that you have brought us all.

Thank you Satoshi Tajiri,
Thank you Nintendo,
And thank you to all the supporters, you do more than you could ever imagine.

On to the Update
I hope all of you fully read that introductory thank you note, and I hope you all are ready for a special update that took over a month of hard work, determination, and skill.

About a month ago, I realized how grand Pallet Town looked, and how it compared to all my other creations. And the comparison was plain, Pallet Town was of much higher quality than all my other creations, and that's a fact. So I went into a 2-day decision on about what I should do about this potentially huge problem.

I added up the facts:
Pallet Town is a "town"
Viridian City is a "city", and so is Pewter City
Pallet Town is bigger than Viridian City, and Pewter City, but it's a Town…
I put more effort into Pallet Town, than into Viridian City, Pewter City.

So, it became clear, Viridian City, and Pewter City, and everything in between was horribly put together. And above all, it wasn't how I imagined it to be, it wasn't big, and it was ugly. Horribly ugly, and I had to do something about it. So, I decided to withdraw from the thread, and go into seclusion until I was ready to show myself when the time was right. I realized that I had to make this game perfect, and if I didn't, it would fail.

I then contacted my team, and told them that I would be renovating my maps, and making them so realistic and amazing, that the game developing community will shake and tremble at their presence. I told them that I would not be posting anything on the thread until I was finished with at least one thing that I planned to do. And so I did, and before I knew it, people started to wonder where I was, and what I was doing. But little did you all know what was going on behind closed doors. Only my team, and a few close friends knew about my plans, and I return now, bearing this masterpiece of creation; this symbol of determination, and undying imagination.

So, without further a due, I welcome you to the "real", Pokemon world;
the real
Viridian City <----Click this

By now, after looking at that map, I hope you all realize the seriousness of this project, and the dream I, and my team seek to realize. I will be remaking Route 2, Viridian Forest, and then Pewter City. But, like I said, this is a "special" update, and why would I only show one thing? Please keep reading to find out what else I have done, and what is in store for the Pokemon world.

New Pokemon Variants
Here we have some Orange Island Variants that will be featured in the game. I hope you all enjoy them, but don't worry, there are still many more to come, this is just what I wanted to reveal to you so far. Now, just so you know, each Pokemon variant will have a different Pokedex entry, describing its differences, and its abilities as a Pokemon. But these explanations are just for the sake of understanding, most of the text will not appear in the Pokedex entry.
pokemontlworangeislanduuh1.png

Ideas
I've been working on more than just that though. I have many ideas in my head that will be implemented into Pokemon The Lost World. But I will reveal those soon, but not now. I feel as though this is enough for now. And I still need time to make sure my ideas fit perfectly.

Job Positions
Now, for the next part, which I'm sure many of you will be happy to hear.
I'm going to be posting job positions tomorrow, and there will be a LOT of them, so, if you want to help with Pokemon The Lost World, be sure to check by tomorrow and see what I will have open. Also, in order to join, I'm going to make a new application form for anyone who wants to join. And you MUST fill it out, if you don't, I will reply to you telling you to fill it out. It just makes my job easier.

Well, I really hope you all enjoyed this special update. I've been planning it for a while. And for those of you who are wondering. I will be active on the thread now. And I will be answering any of your questions now, so I guess that is good news. And a big thank you to all you supporters out there, I don't know what I'd do without you.

This is the start of something great.

Well once again,
Thank you Satoshi Tajiri,
Thank you Nintendo,
Thank you Pokemon TLW team,
And thank you everyone for reading,

Captain Arcane :pirate:

Last edited:
Reactions: Zet

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Can't wait till tomorrow. I wish I can be a part of Pokemon The Lost World team.

Lucario rocks

Mmm... Crispy
Years
That was one of the most fantastic speachs ive ever heard. Viridian City looks Awesome. This Game now seems to be heading for fame. Good luck Arcane. And if there is a job for advertising it, i will be honored to help.

P.S I like your new pokemon designs for the orange islands

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Wow Viridian looks amazing, as it was always meant to be. I'll probably be filling out an application also, well good job Arcane!

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Dude nice and thnx for opening your whole biography of your obsecivvness to pokemon. On topic wow thats cool. So since you got about 450+ pokemon and you got 5+ regions you have about 2500+ sprites to make am I correct? Also thats one big viridian. Im scard to see olivine seeing as its been in the shop for months and a map with only one month time is that big. Also good luck.

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
Years
Viridian city looks awesome Captain!
Can't wait tosee others like Pewter or even ... Hearthome City ?
lol that's sinnoh, that could take some time since you're still bust with Kanto, good luck Captain! :)

ForeverRed

teeheeee
Years
not to be rude .... although its very good .... the maps are gigantopic (oppposite to microtantic) and how is the trainer suppoosed to get around ALL the houses in a few minutes

I feel very sorry for you and those playing the game >.> (being sarcastic)

-Neji-

Something Different
Years
wow man.. what you have been doing is amazing .. and i'm really excited about the new pokemon specially the white kingdra .. would we be able to capture one of those?

seriusly man your my hero!

i think i would like to be part of the team aswell man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back