• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Generation Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Fourth Generation Travel Journal
Discuss your adventures in DPPt/HGSS - what you caught, which gym leader you feel like hurling abuse towards at the moment, and so forth - here! Along with sharing your own travelling stories, feel free to comment on other trainers who are posting their journal entries as well.

Travel Journal Guidebook

• Please follow the Standard PokéCommunity Rules as well as the Pokemon generational rules. • Leave this thread only for entering your traveling stories through DPPt/HGSS. NO YOUTUBE VIDEOS. • You may comment on others, but please be respectful and stay within topic. • If you may have any questions of the games, it's best you ask them within the Help thread. • Also, just have fun and be creative! The more effort you put into writing your posts here, the more interesting they will be for others to read. • Feel free to double post in this thread to update your stories! • If you have any questions, feel free to contact colours!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
250px-Platinum-box.png

Amore's Travels - Pokémon Platinum
June 8-14, 2011 Eterna City: Grotle > Chuck Norris!

Well, I'm going to be brief as I haven't updated in over a week...

Travelled through Eterna Forest with Cheryl.

Went underground, obtained many spheres, fossils etc.

Defeated Gardenia with a very special tactic of Curse + Razor Leaf, as Grotle was the only one who resisted Grass-type attacks.

Defeated Jupiter with the exact same tactic.

Received a pokémon egg from Cynthia.

Travelled down Cycling road to Oreburgh City.

Resurrected a Careful Shieldon.

Found TM31 Brick Break in Oreburgh Gate.

Ventured though Wayward Cave, saving Mira, capturing Gible, obtaining TM26 Earthquake.

Togepi hatched out of Cynthia's egg!

Battled through all the trainers leading up to Mount Coronet, raising Togepi.

Team

Spr_4p_388.png

#002 Grotle
t_grs.png

Quirky | Overgrow
Curse / Bite / Absorb / Razor Leaf

Spr_4p_404_m.png

#018 Luxio
t_elc.png

Adamant | Intimidate
Bite / Roar / Flash / Spark

Spr_4p_418_m.png

#056 Buizel
t_wtr.png

Adamant | Swift Swim
Swift / Aqua Jet / Water Gun / Pursuit

Spr_4p_175.png

#173 Togepi
t_nrm.png

Quirky | Serene Grace
Yawn / Encore / Metronome / Sweet Kiss

Badges

40px-Coal_Badge.png
40px-Forest_Badge.png

p.s. Hah! First post!

Last edited:

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Anyone know where the two old threads went? Looking at the past is good :)

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I restarted not long ago. I just got to Oreburgh. I have 2 pokemon that I'm using now: D.K. my Chimchar and Sparkfish my Chinchou. I traded the egg for Chinchou so I could have another Pokemon early on. Usually, I solo with my starter until after Gardenia, at which point I pick up my first, but I decided I wanted another Pokemon. I also caught a Kricketot to use as trade to get my Chinchou egg, but I saw that it held a Metronome, so I traded a Starly instead.

Party:
390.gif
D.K. Lv10

170.gif
Sparkfish Lv9
401.gif
Kricketot Lv4

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
I bought Platinum from a friend (he wanted money for Black) and I have decided to play using only Pokemon in the Platinum extension. Which would be all fine and stuff, if I didn't have to beat Gardenia before I could get any of them.

I plan on using:
Ralts -> Gallade, because I've always avoided using Ralts before
Yanma -> Yanmega, because I've always wanted to use them
Swinub -> Mamoswine, for same reason
Houndour -> Houndoom, for same reason
And Tangela -> Tangrowth to spite a friend, and because I think it would be cool.
I need one more to round out the team. I have a strange weakness to Fire, it seems...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I just started (in work) a new game of Diamond. I didn't get too terribly far in it.

I chose the male trainer, named him Lucas and the rival Barry. As for my starter, I picked Piplup. Currently, Lucas is chilling in the Sandgem Town Pokemon Center with a level 8 Piplup, a level 3 Bidoof, and a level 3 Shinx. Not too interesting, but...well...work.

I'm not sure yet what Pokemon I'm going to be using because I don't want a repeat of my in-game team on Pearl.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I recently had to touch my Pokemon Platinum again for several reasons. Now I am not bragging or won't to get slammed but I had to create a Spiritomb and Sableye with Wonderguard to put into my Pokemon White game. I know it was wrong but I had to do it. Besides me doing that, I just flew to my favorite city (Canalave City) because of the music and I just let my game play for a good 15 minutes

:t354:TG

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I have done a lot since I last posted. After beating Roark, I went to Floarama and beat Team Galactic. During this, Chimchar evolved! Then, I went north through Eterna Forest. After trouncing Gardenia with D.K., I beat Team Galactic. Realizing I probably wouldn't be using Chinchou through the entire game, I picked up not 1 but 2 new Pokemon! First was my usual Gligar, Batman. Next, I headed into Wayward Cave and got a Gible. After seeing that it was a shark, I named it Jaws. Next, I went to Hearthome and beat Fantina with Batman's newly learned Faint Attack. I headed east of Hearthome and came across a Duskull in the Lost Tower. It was around here that Jaws evolved to a Gabite. I caught it, named it Poirot, and BAM! New Pokemon! I had to use the exp. share to train him until he learned Shadow Sneak, because Astonish sucks. Next, I got to Veilstone, went south, and trained my Pokemon before challenging the gym. Here, I found a Razor Fang and used it to evolve Batman. I challenged Maylene and won on my first try using Poirot. I headed through the lakefront and eventually reached Pastoria. I headed west and caught a Croagunk. After naming it Croak, I added it to my party.

Party:
391.gif
D.K.
472.gif
Batman
444.gif
Jaws
355.gif
Poirot
453.gif
Croak

Badges:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Well, I restarted my HeartGold this morning, and chose Cyndaquil as my starter this time. Named him Blaze.

Right now I am about to battle Falkner, I have Blaze, Sentret, and Mareep with me to help me out (:

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
Looked for the journal thread forever until I used search and found out that there's a new topic o_o'.

Well, I got a bit bored of Pokemon White, so I restarted my Soul Silver version. That felt sooooo good. Seriously, I like these older games better.

Anyway, my until-I-beat-the-Champion-and-Red-team will be:
feraligatr.png
crobat.png
lanturn.png
38.png
mamoswine.png

and after beating the main plot line I'll go back to breeding and building my team of favorites <3 (that are Croconaw, Crobat, Houndoom, Espeon, Roserade and Mamoswine). Yay for Soul Silver!

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
I restarted, and finished all eight gyms prior to the league. I just realized that I have to seriously grind, since ALL my pokemon were below level 40. After grinding a little, my team is:

Vupix (not evolving yet, and need firestone anyway)
037.png

Lvl 39

Pidgeot
018.png

Lvl 39

Feraligatr
160.png

Lvl 40

Togetic
176.png

Lvl 40

Torterra (traded from platinum, as I didnt have a good grass poke)
389.png

Lvl 40

Skarmory (got it right after claire)
227.png

Lvl 40

I'm keeping this team, but is there any suggestion for good grinding? Would be helpful. Grinding atm, and am extremely frustrated at the lack of trainers I can battle....

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Just defeated Whitney in my HG, my team consists of:

Blaze (Cyndaquil) : Lv 21
Spookz (Gastly) (Shiny!): Lv 20
Beachy (Quagsire): Lv 20

I honestly don't know who else I will be adding to my team.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
We've beaten the Champion recently. Then we were loafing around for a while until I came with an idea of getting myself Gengar.
Now what.. I'll head to Kanto, I guess.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
I've defeated Red on Mt. Silver with a team of Level 50-60s. Now the my journey is pretty much over, I decided to buy a ticket to the Sinnoh region leaving my Pokemon team behind and begin my new journey there. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
In my Platinum-Exclusive team of Platinum, I am training my Gallade, and hatching a Yanma egg I traded from HeartGold. Unfortunately, I missed Slash on Gallade, so his moveset of Swords Dance, Double Team, Confusion, and Return isn't great. This wouldn't be so bad if the rival didn't have a Staravia with Wing Attack.

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
AntiZero's Quest
Diamond
Part 1

So I recently restarted my Diamond because I want to play through the entire fourth and fifth Generations.

So! Things I think are important will be in bold.

-Started my adventure.
-Picked Turtwig as my starter.
-Defeated the poor level 2 Starly.
-Got the Running Shoes from my mom.
-Made my way to Sandgem Town.
-Got the Pokedex from Prof. Rowan.
-Went back to my mom and got a Parcel to deliver to my rival, Barry.
-Dawn showed me how to catch Pokemon.
-Caught a Starly for my team.
-Caught a Bidoof as an HM slave.
Spr_4d_387.png
Turtwig | Lvl. 8
-Tackle
-Withdraw
Spr_4d_396_m.png
Starly | Lvl. 7
-Tackle
-Growl

Will edit until I get my first Gym Badge.

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Pokemon Heart Gold
Judas | 63655

I started this file awhile ago and I am just now getting around to playing it. lol

• Picked Totodile as my starter, but I soft reset until I got a female one.
  • Trained to level 10, went through to get my PokeDex and beat my rival.
  • Caught a Modest Hoothoot, started to train it but then I realized I don't like it. lol
  • Caught a female Rash Weedle - I figured since my last game I trained a Butterfree why not train a Beedrill?
  • Currently Weedle is level 6.

---Edit---

• Evolved Weedle into Beedrill.
  • Went through Sprout Tower and beat the gym.
  • Got the Togepi, Slugma, Mareep, and Wooper eggs.
  • Did the Unown puzzle.
  • Went down to Ilex Forest and caught an Oddish.
  • I began to use the PokeWalker and cheat it for steps, I have all the paths unlocked that you can get before the E4 - I just transferred over a Smoochum and Murkrow to my team.
  • A small note about the PokeWalker, I didn't know you can find Pokemon (like you find extra watts) while walking when there is no Pokemon in the game and have it become the main one you battle with. That happened twice already, once with a Sentret and again with a Ratatta.

Last edited:

jammi567

Restarted my old game and picked Piplup as my starter. I've never picked the Pokemon before, one reason being the Anime, and the other being my general dislike for Water-type Starters, as Water is the most common type around. As a sign of respect, the game gave me a female without me having to restart.

* Beat my rival
* Got the Running Shoes
* Saw Cyrus at Lake Verity/Valor (one of the two)
* Fruitlessly button-mashed through Dawn *shudder* attempting to teach me how to catch Pokemon.
* Fought all of the trainers and Pokemon along the way (a sensible habbit that I picked up and developed from watching Slowflake's LP's)
* Met Dawn *shudder* and Looker in Jubilife City
* Got the Poketech from the random man who wouldn't let me pass otherwise, for whatever reason
* Went North of Jubilife and caught myself a Budew
* Trained Budew up a little, and kicked my Rival's ass on Route 203, along with all the other rainers and wild Pokemon
* Went through Orborough Gate, where a random Hiker randomly gave me HM 06 Rock Smash, and eventually reached the city itself, whilst training Budew with Piplup's assisstance
* Meet Roark in the Mine and he went back to his Gym
* Went to the Gym and 1HKO'ed the lackies

* Battled Roark:
* Lead with Budew, who 1HKO'ed his Geodude thanks to Mega Drain
* He sent out Onix. Used the same tactic, but Onix somehow managed to survive.
* He inevitably healed the Pokemon with a Potion, which didn't heal it to full health
* Used Mega Drain again. Of course, this time, Budew managed to kill the Onix with an unneeded critical hit.
* Sent out Cranidos. Mega Drain took it down to half health
* Cranidos killed Budew with a Headbutt
* Sent out Piplup, and she managed to avenge her fallen conrade with a Bubble. As a bonus, she evolved into Prinplup

* Roark grugingly gave me my first badge, as well as TM 76 Stealth Rock
* Made my way back to Jubilife where I saw Looker again, as well as Dawn *shudder* and Professor Rowan, who gave me my daily dose of laughter by fiercly burning the Team Galactic Grunts.
* Did a double battle against them - along with Dawn *doubleshudder*. We won, of course.
* After the grunts ran away, caught myself a Bidoof as a HM Slave, and taught it Rock Smash
* Went North again, and got through Ravaged Path with ease
* Beat the rest of the trainers and saved at the entrence to Floroma Town.

My Team thus far:

Budew (Grass/Poison)
Nature: Hasty (Decreased Defence/Increased Speed
Personality: Likes to fight (Increased Attack) :(
Ability: Poison Point

Stats - HP: 42 Attack: 20
Defence: 18 Special Attack: 26
Special Defence: 28 Speed: 30

Moves - Absorb Growth
Mega Drain Stun Spore

Prinplup (Water)
Nature: Gentle (Decreased Defence/Increased Special Defence)
Personality: Sturdy Body (Increased Defence)
Ability: Torrent

Stats - HP: 53 Attack: 32
Defence: 29 Special Attack: 35
Special Defence: 35 Speed: 25

Moves - Pound Metal Claw
Bubble Peck

Years
Considering I'm not restarting my game, I'll let you know the stats that I have right now. This is for my pokemon Platinum game.

I chose the girl and named myself Eryes. I chose Chimchar as my starter because it is the only fire fight type that I like. I named him Lucifer, I l41ike to give some of my pokemon names from Mythology. Though I did trade in a piplup and turtwig through GTS. Right now I beat the sixth gym, with my lvl 38 traded empoleon versus a lvl 41 Bastiodon, Empoleon, when traded had Hydro Pump on it.

My team as it stands is: I don't really care for the natures but it makes for better listings.
Lucifer: Lvl 41 adamant Infernape
Chomper: lvl 39 Impish Gabite
Empoleon: lvl 38 Bashful
Lucario: lvl 39 timid, I got him in trade with one of my other games.
Luca: lvl 16 lonely Riolu, the only in game Riolu that I got.
Banshee: lvl 19 lonely duskull that I caught out of randomness. I might want to train her up some before ditching her. Yes it's a female.

That's all I have right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back