• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Draft Based League Tournament (open)

Dice_

Max
Years
Sorry, we got enough people so now the League is closed but you can sign up to join our new currently open league here

I thought it would be cool to get a bunch of people together and do a tournament, so i tried to find a good draft league online, yet couldn't find any. So I stumbled along here and thought some people might also want to play.

I hope to get 8 people, including myself, to play, though 16 would be amazing and I would find a way to fit in any number below 16.
As far as the rules go, we would draft 3 pokemon from each tier, OU, UU, RU, NU and PU and one mega pokemon (non-mega can be used but the pokemon has to hold the mega stone). Then for 12 weeks we would battle with someone to try and get points. The points are determined from the ratio of pokemon left, so if you won 3-0 you would get 4 points from that week. After the 12 weeks, everyone will have participated in 12 battles and will have racked up a certain amount of points. The 4 players with the most points will go to the semi finals, where points no longer matter and whoever wins both of their matches will win the tournament.

The draft will take place on my teamspeak server, which anyone is free to go into before, during and after the tournament if you are a player. The time of the draft will be discussed between players so that we can find a good time for everyone, but if we cant find a suitable time for everyone then someone will have to draft after everyone else. Alongside of this, the matches played out can either be played on Showdown or the real games and that can be decided by the battlers.

If you have any questions I would like to hear them and I will update this page with the answers and pm you back.

If all goes to plan, i will probably buy some game for the winner on steam or something, so there is that too :P

So that it is easier to organise, if you want to participate could you fill in an application as follows...
1) Age (preferably 13 or above)
2) Country
3) Can you use teamspeak? (If you havent got it, it's client on pc is free)
4) What is your teamname?
5) Say something about yourself (I don't know why this is here, but it is, embrace it)

Current Members
Me (Norwich City Nidorina)
GeoPerson (Richmond City Relicanths)
Flygon56 (Dallas Staryus)
Smlllte (Texas Treekos)
SeanClinton (Swampert Mayhem)
Spolandr (Stockholm Bravieries)
SturdyStibrava (Helsinki High Jump Kicks)
Graanen (Toronto Staraptors)

Hope to talk to you later and battle you in the league!
-Dice

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
SO pumped for this, please make sure to keep this going, ive been looking for something like this forever.
1) Age (preferably 13 or above): 15
2) Country: USA, Texas
3) Can you use teamspeak? (If you havent got it, it's client on pc is free), Yep I can.
4) What is your teamname? The Dallas Staryus
5) Say something about yourself (I don't know why this is here, but it is, embrace it)
Obsessed with draft format >.> let's see. I enjoy long walks to the bank, Minecraft, and the finer things in life lol

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
1) Age (preferably 13 or above) 20
2) Country? British Colombia (Canada :P)
3) Can you use teamspeak? If it's free I can
4) What is your teamname? Almost politically correct
I'm a pretty chilled dude, I discovered Pokemon (does saying discovered make this cringey? probably not, it makes me sound smart right? xD) in 2001 i played Pokemon gold and Silver endlessly and continued playing since! I like art and occasionally play Minecraft. I also hate Donald Trump.

Years
1) Age: 17
2) Country:USA, Alaska.
3) Can you use teamspeak? Yes, I LOVE Teamspeak
4) What is your teamname? Passive aggressive
5) Say something about yourself (I don't know why this is here, but it is, embrace it) I like Hannibal Lecter, Jack The Ripper and Pokemon: especially the cute Pikachu Clones Released in every generation It's Cuteness Overload!

SmIIIte

PokeTuber
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
I thought it would be cool to get a bunch of people together and do a tournament, so i tried to find a good draft league online, yet couldn't find any. So I stumbled along here and thought some people might also want to play.

I hope to get 8 people, including myself, to play, though 16 would be amazing and I would find a way to fit in any number below 16.
As far as the rules go, we would draft 3 pokemon from each tier, OU, UU, RU, NU and PU and one mega pokemon (non-mega can be used but the pokemon has to hold the mega stone). Then for 12 weeks we would battle with someone to try and get points. The points are determined from the ratio of pokemon left, so if you won 3-0 you would get 4 points from that week. After the 12 weeks, everyone will have participated in 12 battles and will have racked up a certain amount of points. The 4 players with the most points will go to the semi finals, where points no longer matter and whoever wins both of their matches will win the tournament.

The draft will take place on my teamspeak server, which anyone is free to go into before, during and after the tournament if you are a player. The time of the draft will be discussed between players so that we can find a good time for everyone, but if we cant find a suitable time for everyone then someone will have to draft after everyone else. Alongside of this, the matches played out can either be played on Showdown or the real games and that can be decided by the battlers.

If you have any questions I would like to hear them and I will update this page with the answers and pm you back.

If all goes to plan, i will probably buy some game for the winner on steam or something, so there is that too :P

So that it is easier to organise, if you want to participate could you fill in an application as follows...
1) Age (preferably 13 or above)
2) Country
3) Can you use teamspeak? (If you havent got it, it's client on pc is free)
4) What is your teamname?

Current Members
Me (Norwich City Nidorina)
GeoPerson (Richmond City Relicanths)
Flygon56 (The Dallas Staryus)
Rabinov (Michigan Murkrows)
Nateinator (Almost Politically Correct)
Jackster96 (Passive Aggressive)

Hope to talk to you later and battle you in the league!
-Dice

Sign me Up! I'll definitely enjoy playing in this tournament! :)

SmIIIte

PokeTuber
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Can you Teamspeak? Probably, depends on the current situation I'm in
What is your TeamName? Texas Treeckos
Say Something Bout Yourself: Relaxed Male who Loves the Game Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2016
Definitely interested, do you have an estimated time these will start? How many people do you have so far?

1) Age (preferably 13 or above)... 22
2) Country... UK
3) Can you use teamspeak? (If you havent got it, it's client on pc is free)... Yes
4) What is your teamname?... Swampert Mayhem
5) Say something about yourself (I don't know why this is here, but it is, embrace it)... Looking for a league, starting YT channel soon!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
1) Age (preferably 13 or above) - 15
2) Country - Sweden (don't worry i know english)
3) Can you use teamspeak? (If you havent got it, it's client on pc is free) - I'll download it
4) What is your teamname? - Stockholm Braviaries
5) Say something about yourself (I don't know why this is here, but it is, embrace it) - I love pokemon (duh),TV shows and comics

Sign me up! this will be awesome :D

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Can you use teamspeak: yeah probably
Teamname:crafty charizards
Say something about yourself: i love POKEMON

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2016
Can you use teamspeak: pretty sure i can
Team name: Helsinki High Jump Kicks
Say something about yourself: I have never lost a single battle in a draft format.

Back