• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2009
i made a list of what should be in a pokemon game, you hit them all. and besides, five years is way to long. a real pokemon game usually takes a couple of months.

Really? I thought it would take at least eight months. But that would only be for the mainstream games. The extra ones, like Dash, wouldn't take so long. But, shadowking93, the thing you have to understand is that this is not a normal pokemon game. This game will have more stuff in one region than in, say, all the Advanced Generation rolled into one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Think about it everyone, a normal pokemon game with one region takes some 8 months to make. This is a game with all of the official Nintendo regions wrapped into one, it's going to take longer, I'm not saying its going to take 3-4 to finish, but its going to be a while.

Another Music Update, I finished a song called "Aipom's Party" which will work great with a Jungle Town or Route, Haven't decided yet.

*changed music piece to Chatot's Party, and it's voice from the anime will be heard somewhere in the song :P

shadowking93

UnStupid
Years
Really? I thought it would take at least eight months. But that would only be for the mainstream games. The extra ones, like Dash, wouldn't take so long. But, shadowking93, the thing you have to understand is that this is not a normal pokemon game. This game will have more stuff in one region than in, say, all the Advanced Generation rolled into one.

have i said how long it would take? all i said was that a Normal pokemon game takes a couple of months to make. i never said anything about this one. i say about a year or so. this ain't a real pokemon game seriously. only gamefreak makes the actual game. this is much better than a traditional one. just clearing that up ok? this is an awesome game and i don't want captain to rush this. So don't be gamefreak, go to infinity, and beyond!(toystory joke)

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2009
have i said how long it would take? all i said was that a Normal pokemon game takes a couple of months to make. i never said anything about this one. i say about a year or so. this ain't a real pokemon game seriously. only gamefreak makes the actual game. this is much better than a traditional one. just clearing that up ok? this is an awesome game and i don't want captain to rush this. So don't be gamefreak, go to infinity, and beyond!(toystory joke)

Okay. True. Gamefreak really does need to expand it's game sizes, it would top the market if it would! (Not that isn't already!)

Last edited:

Johny_Hungry

Drunkin Poke Loser
Years
Okay. True. Gamefreak really does need to expand it's game sizes, it would top the market if it would! (Not that isn't already!)

Well... it really isn't top market, 1 out of every 10 people i have ever seen with a DS have a pokemon game, even though most of them seem to be Pearl oddly enough. Next to this... something like this will be more widely accessable to people, so honestly I think if gamefreak was to officially attempt what you guys are doin, spread it out as a MMORPG to computer players, their servers would be hella packed. Honestly... i've told maybe 10 people i know 'bout this... showed them the thread, only 3 outta this ten got a DS, and the 3 don't have pokemon cause they complain that pokemon needs to include all the regions not just one, with more ways of customizing. the others who don't have a DS, only have up to Gold, because well... they are major fans of it because you were in Johto and Kanto. Honestly... you guys, who have been doin this Lost World have quickly became the heros of 10 people, and thats not including me in those numbers.

Hell, I dont think I got my point accross... damn....

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
6 thing i must say

1.Love the concept i was stressing it to Nintendo but they ignore me
2.The concept is so close to the anime (the way the map tows/routes look)
3.Wow pallet looks like the anime pallet amazingly great
4.I hope you make ash the main character and follow his journey (just an idea)
5.I LIKE THIS GAME
6.what is that area north from Kanto and Jhoto on your world map?

Well... it really isn't top market, 1 out of every 10 people i have ever seen with a DS have a pokemon game, even though most of them seem to be Pearl oddly enough. Next to this... something like this will be more widely accessable to people, so honestly I think if gamefreak was to officially attempt what you guys are doin, spread it out as a MMORPG to computer players, their servers would be hella packed. Honestly... i've told maybe 10 people i know 'bout this... showed them the thread, only 3 outta this ten got a DS, and the 3 don't have pokemon cause they complain that pokemon needs to include all the regions not just one, with more ways of customizing. the others who don't have a DS, only have up to Gold, because well... they are major fans of it because you were in Johto and Kanto. Honestly... you guys, who have been doin this Lost World have quickly became the heros of 10 people, and thats not including me in those numbers.

Hell, I dont think I got my point accross... damn....
You got the point across: you don't like this game and people want a Pokemon game with more than one region because it will and should make money
I am one of the people that like these 2 ideas
1.A game with all the regions
2.A game that follows Ash's journey closely (or maybe not that close to keep the effect of a Pokemon game)

real Pokemon fans know that the games follow the manga not the anime
so make a game that goes with the anime ( note to Nintendo) *hint hint*

Last edited:

Johny_Hungry

Drunkin Poke Loser
Years
Ahhh... nope i don't like Gamefreaks current projects all that much period. The only reason i have a diamond is for completive play, i love the idea for lost world, as do my friends who share the reason the few that have D/P...

Man i think i confused myself.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2009
I haven't even got a DS yet... Though I will soon enough.

Anyone know how much work Arcane has done lately? It would be nice to know, since he's doing this amazing undertaking.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I haven't even got a DS yet... Though I will soon enough.

Anyone know how much work Arcane has done lately? It would be nice to know, since he's doing this amazing undertaking.

He's been making the towns :P

Remember, its not just him working on this project, there are four of us :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2009
He's been making the towns :P

Remember, its not just him working on this project, there are four of us :P

I know that Arcane's been making the towns. I'm not That clueless.

Anyway, what are you all working on? I know that Arcane's the map maker, one of you is scripting, and another of you is doing music. What else is there to do? And who's doing what? I always forget that sort of thing.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
6 thing i must say

1.Love the concept i was stressing it to Nintendo but they ignore me
2.The concept is so close to the anime (the way the map tows/routes look)
3.Wow pallet looks like the anime pallet amazingly great
4.I hope you make ash the main character and follow his journey (just an idea)
5.I LIKE THIS GAME
6.what is that area north from Kanto and Jhoto on your world map?

real Pokemon fans know that the games follow the manga not the anime
so make a game that goes with the anime ( note to Nintendo) *hint hint*

Firstly pokemon games don't follow the Manga or the anime. They have their own cannon. The manga more or less follows the games

Secondly Nintendo already created a game that followed the anime. Ever heard of Pokemon Yellow? Well that game obviously followed the anime and is highly regarded as the worst non-spin off pokemon RPG game.

Thirdly there is nothing north of Kanto and Johto. Both Kanto and Jhoto are just a very big continent. North of Kanto and Jhoto is just the sea. Across the sea is Sinnoh.

Fourthly I think they have already practically proved that there is no anime connection here besides some of the characters and the Orange islands

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
This is going to be an online game, so there will be character customization.

Seriously, read the first post -.-

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2009
Firstly pokemon games don't follow the Manga or the anime. They have their own cannon. The manga more or less follows the games

Secondly Nintendo already created a game that followed the anime. Ever heard of Pokemon Yellow? Well that game obviously followed the anime and is highly regarded as the worst non-spin off pokemon RPG game.

Thirdly there is nothing north of Kanto and Johto. Both Kanto and Jhoto are just a very big continent. North of Kanto and Jhoto is just the sea. Across the sea is Sinnoh.

Fourthly I think they have already practically proved that there is no anime connection here besides some of the characters and the Orange islands

First, Nerevarine, you will find that Pokemon Yellow broke records for being so popular. It broke the Game Boy record for number of games sold on it's first day. It was also extremely popular, because although it sarificed a good deal of Pokemon that were poison types, it had all three starters, which were easily obtained.

Second, there is something north of Kanto and Johto, if you look at the map. The regions above it are Fiorre and Orre. Fiorre from Pokemon Ranger, and Orre from Colleseum and XD: Gale of Darkness.

Years
Yay! More news from the captain and more late replies from me! xD

But seriously, I can't really put into words how I feel about this game and the way Captain Arcane is dealing with it. I really respect him for beginning such a major undertaking, continuing with it and seeming so very professional while at it.

About the update: I ADORE the moveset-change! It's something that has bugged me ever since I noticed the differences between the anime and the games. Actually, I just like the whole idea of a game based more off of the anime. The side quests and extra towns seem such a lovely addition as well.

I'd just want to congratulate you on getting this far (we all know how many fans start all enthousiasticly but never finish their game) and wish you all the best in creating the rest of this awesome looking game!

EDIT: Ow, and I'd love to see Olivine during the night as well =3
EDIT: Sorry, with 'night' I meant 'evening' (><) Yes, I'm stupid like that...

Last edited:

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
Years
Another Music Update, I finished a song called "Aipom's Party" which will work great with a Jungle Town or Route, Haven't decided yet.

*changed music piece to Chatot's Party, and it's voice from the anime will be heard somewhere in the song :P

am I being verry annoying/pushy/downright insolent if I ask for a preview of the music you make?
even if it's just a second or 15 I'd really like to hear what you make :3

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
i would like to see it in the evening, i really want to see how that looks.
on a side note, considering hms - is it going to be the same as every game where you have to carry around an hm pokemon? could you give the extra move slots to him early so that he can use all the hms and u don't need more than one :)?

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
Years
i would like to see it in the evening, i really want to see how that looks.
on a side note, considering hms - is it going to be the same as every game where you have to carry around an hm pokemon? could you give the extra move slots to him early so that he can use all the hms and u don't need more than one :)?

i guess because its an all-region game there would be like 9-10 HMs, if you need all of these, then i wonder where you're gonna put your fighting pokémon.

i suggest another pokémon slote, to make it 7 pokés ( i know that in the anime series the 7th okemon gets send to prof oak or something )

and it would be making the battle overview a bit more challenging also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back