• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Complex Crystal - 100% Complete!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 13, 2017
hold on...why does leftovers restore health like a berry instead of every turn?!

EDIT: Found a version that fixed leftovers on page 3.

Last edited:

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
hi! first of all, thanks SO MUCH for this hack!
i've been looking weeks for a completed Crystal rom hack that has a difficulty increase and which doesn't require trading! i have a 2 questions though!
- if i'm getting it right, Complex Crystal is the exact Crystal story? except for the level increasements ofcourse (i so hope there are no typing changes as i've come across 1 that did have that.. that was and would be a dissapointment tbh
-are actually All of them, legendaries included, available? i really just want to play a more difficult Crystal game where i can get EVERY SINGLE pok? without trading or cheating
Thanks in advance for any1 answering, and i'm already downloading the thing to patch with called Lunar ips, and gonna start right away o. o

So, there are some changes, but the only changes made are in 4 categories: Pok?mon stat totals (some increased in strength for a more challenging game), the way Pok?mon who previously evolved by trading now evolve, moves (some increased in strength), and the trainers throughout the game. Check out my post I've quoted below and you can find both a download link and a detailed list of all the changes made to Complex Crystal. The story is the exact same and you can obtain every single Pok?mon... even Celebi!

I really like this hack and I would like this thread to stay alive, so I'm going to be of as much help here as possible. I will post a link where you can download the original .rar file containing the patch for Complex Crystal since the link in the OP has broken now. I will also post links to the individual documents containing the changes made to Complex Crystal. I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game and I know other people will as well, so that's my reason for posting these links. Please note that I deserve no credit for Complex Crystal. I did not develop it; the OP did.

Before I get to the links for the patch and documents, I would like to reiterate the solution some people are having to the Basement Key problem. This is from my old post on the previous page:

Basement Key dilemma + solution: I ran into this, too. The Basement Key does not appear in your Key Items pocket like it does in the original Crystal game. Instead, it appears in your regular items pocket. If I recall correctly, you have to have space available in your regular items pocket to receive it. If you don't have the space available, the director will not attempt to give you the Basement Key again. If you find yourself stuck at this point in the game, you can use this Gameshark code to buy the Basement Key from the Pok?Mart for free (although the price listed will be $300, you pay nothing): 0185F1D0 will modify the first item @ the Pok?Mart to be the Basement Key.

Pokemon Complex Crystal beta 1.33 (fully playable) Download Link
The .rar file also contains the documents that show which changes have been made to the game​

For some reason I'm having trouble with the attachment links at the very bottom. If you are too, you can use these links to download the 3 files directly from Dropbox:
  1. Gym Leaders & Elite Four Members.docx
  2. New Locations, Legendaries, & General Changes.docx
  3. Pokemon Crystal Codes.PDF (also work for Complex Crystal)
^^ Cheers, everyone and enjoy the game! ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 5, 2018
Yeah great game but im life 230 done on my dex and just found out you can't catch delibird or seel.. so i feel like ive MAJORLY wasted my time.. also my emulater doesnt allow for use of codes so now im stuck :/

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Have you thought about updating this to include the end game celebi like in the 3DS version?

Also has left overs been fixed?

Years
  • Age 58
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
By any chance can I get a clarification for the pokemon that need to reach a certain level instead of trading as to what items it needs to level up now and or level

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Agreed. This hack is pretty much the best way to play through gen 2 in my mind. Perfect difficulty level (not stupidly insanely hard like Impossible Crystal, or facerollingly easy like Polished Crystal, which has features I'd otherwise love) and actually being able to catch everything.

I do find some of the wild Pokemon placements odd admittedly, like being able to get Dratini on Route 39 (pretty early on for a dragon type, not to mention you'll just want the extremespeed Dratini from Dragon's Den) and Eevee being catchable, which is a bit redundant when you already are given an Eevee from Bill. Being able to buy evolution stones from the Olivine Pokemart also feels a bit cheaty, but most hacks do this in some way so I have no major qualms, it's just funny being able to get Nidoking before you get surf.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jul 3, 2023
Hey! Just wondering if I'll be able to download this? The link isn't working and I really wanna play this! Ty!

Back