• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Theory: Kalos Postgame

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I like the idea of visiting Kalos in the post-game because, although I feel all regions just wouldn't be feasible, being able to visit two regions is a feature I really enjoy--it just gives the game so much more to do.

If Kalos is connected to the new region via Couriway's rail system, considering Couriway is on the east side of the map, I'd say our new region would be based on Germany (which is east of France). But if Kalos is to the north of the new region, maybe the new region would be based on Spain (south of France).

What I find interesting about visiting Kalos in Sun & Moon's post-game is the possible connections that would allow in regards to X & Y's story. If Sun & Moon take place after X & Y, then the post-game could act as a sequel of sorts to X & Y, and give us some storyline involving Zygarde and maybe even AZ's Floette.

Another option I thought of recently was: if Sun & Moon take place at the same time as X & Y, and you could visit Kalos in the post-game, that would effectively make Sun & Moon's post-game our "Pokémon Z." I think that would be a really cool approach if it turns out that way.

Years
Not sure if Kalos has enough to sustain such a thing. It brings a bit too much attention to itself, with various features and such, so I'm not sure that it could also sustain a post-game. In addition, including Kalos might not mean as much to people as including Kanto in G/S/C did previously. Hoenn might just be able to work, with a focus on the Lunatone-Solrock thing, though, although you doubt they'd wish to repeat it that soon.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Ah interesting theory. That railway does seem ambiguous as to where it could lead, and the use of the Strange Souvenir can help add to something in Sun and Moon. I fully support the notion of Kalos acting as a special post game, not only tying it to this new Region (as if the hints weren't already there), but to 7th Gen as its own new adventure but still tying up any lose ends for the Kalos saga as well.

All of this is pretty interesting given the current state of the series. I don't think it has ever been this much of a 'loose thread hanging' state between generations in a while.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
All of this is pretty interesting given the current state of the series. I don't think it has ever been this much of a 'loose thread hanging' state between generations in a while.

This, pretty much. Kalos is pretty much unfinished and there's a lot of mysteries within it that we have yet to solve. I feel like the Couriway Train Station was put there to leave open the possibility for revisiting Kalos in the future. I mean, why else would it be there? There's really nothing in Couriway Town except for the train station.

There's also that guy in the hotel who mentions he's from a 7th region, and the Strange Souvenir...it all seems to point towards us not being finished with Kalos just yet.

blue

gucci
Years
I think the train station in Couriway Town will run from there to the new region in Sun & Moon. It didn't really serve much of a purpose in X & Y, so perhaps it could be used to travel from one Town to another. The most northern part of Spain boarders with France, this would make it possible for a railway line to connect from that area to Couriway Town, similarly to the Magnet Train in the Johto games. I have a feeling they're not entirely done with the whole Kalos storyline, but rather than making a third game they chose to jump to the next generation which will act as a sort of continuation of gen IV. I could be completely wrong in that Sun & Moon are completely new games without any connections to Kalos whatsoever, but many things seem to add up to support this theory.

Spoiler:

We have the sundial in Anistar Town which connects to the Mega Ring in a particular way, this is how they could work Mega Evolution into the storyline of Sun & Moon. With talks of a moondial in another location, this could be in the new Region which could also play a significant role in the storyline. Going out on a whim here but it is stated that "Every day, when the game time reaches 8 PM, the rings of the sundial start to spin one by one as the sun shines through the hole in the crystal." If we look at the Japanese logos for the games, there are small crystals in the centre of both the logos for Sun & Moon. When both XY and ORAS were announced we had a similar key item in their Japanese logos with the mega evolution symbol and the blue and red orbs. Perhaps those crystals are an important way in which the legendary mascots are connected?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
The idea of having Kalos as postgame for SM is very likely to me. Game Freak has to give us Zygarde formes and all of XY's mysteries, including the Power Plant. But my main concern with all of this; why bother coding in Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves in Gen VI games if Perfect Zygarde isn't even going to be available in said Gen? What point is coding in AZ Floette in XY without it ever making a legit appearance in Gen VI?
And then Volcanion. Diancie got a Mega in ORAS and Hoopa had a mini event in ORAS as well, so Volcanion is just neglected? I don't really like the decisions GF made here

Sirfetch’d

I've been speculating for a few days now that the train station HAS to lead to somewhere. Like the others said, why else would it be there? There are a ton of holes in the XY story that are yet to be filled so just maybe these games are sequels sorta like how GSC was a loose Kanto sequel that connected rhe regions.

Zet

Years
There's always a chance that we could go to Kalos in the main story for some event(such as needing to get complete form Zygarde to prevent some disaster), and it would shake things up a bit differently than having the usual postgame stuff. Even visiting Kalos postgame to challenge the gyms would be fun as well.

Years
I like the idea of visiting Kalos in the post-game because, although I feel all regions just wouldn't be feasible, being able to visit two regions is a feature I really enjoy--it just gives the game so much more to do.

If Kalos is connected to the new region via Couriway's rail system, considering Couriway is on the east side of the map, I'd say our new region would be based on Germany (which is east of France). But if Kalos is to the north of the new region, maybe the new region would be based on Spain (south of France).

What I find interesting about visiting Kalos in Sun & Moon's post-game is the possible connections that would allow in regards to X & Y's story. If Sun & Moon take place after X & Y, then the post-game could act as a sequel of sorts to X & Y, and give us some storyline involving Zygarde and maybe even AZ's Floette.

Another option I thought of recently was: if Sun & Moon take place at the same time as X & Y, and you could visit Kalos in the post-game, that would effectively make Sun & Moon's post-game our "Pokémon Z." I think that would be a really cool approach if it turns out that way.
Like with BW2 and XY? Cool! But to do a triangle like that, we need a region based on the UK. Anyways, since this has been confirmed to be a new region, this will meed.to happen to bring in the Zygarde forms

Back