• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Here are some early screenshots of Frozen Fire Lake! As stated in an earlier post, the "lake" is submerged.
What you will end up finding... is that the submerged part of that lake is frozen! There are also volcanic sections of the cave.
---------- Also, that map in my signature is not a part of the lake. It's Route 74 Sea Caves.

---------- You'll also find out why the lake is purple on the regional map...

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Wow. Really cool! Do you mind showing off some of the volcanic spots in the lake?
I wish! It is still in the early parts of development. The Frozen Chambers are being worked on more cause of my Johto nostalgia with those ice puzzles, lol. These are going to be tricky puzzles. Hehe.
----------
I consider Frozen Fire Lake the "centerpiece of Taejo." So I'm going to put the best precise efforts in mapping for its construction :)

Prepare for tons of secrets, hidden truths, the underworld... and... that "purple secret..."

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
I wish! It is still in the early parts of development. The Frozen Chambers are being worked on more cause of my Johto nostalgia with those ice puzzles, lol. These are going to be tricky puzzles. Hehe.
----------
I consider Frozen Fire Lake the "centerpiece of Taejo." So I'm going to put the best precise efforts in mapping for its construction :)

Prepare for tons of secrets, hidden truths, the underworld... and... that "purple secret..."

This one post has to be one of the most epic posts I ever read! Good job, man! Tricky puzzles? I am already interested! And yes, Johto was a great region, I agree! The underworld seems particularly interesting... I can't wait to see the epic maps of that place... You said you'll be putting the best efforts... From my point of view, you have already been doing an amazing job at the maps... truly can't wait...

JollyHaxorus

Dragon Type
Years
I'm a total newb when it comes to rom hacking.. I want to learn all the intricate details of hacking myself, but right now I'm ok enjoying other peoples' work.

My question is - how do you manage to fit so much into a rom? It just seems like you've added a TON of stuff and wonder how you keep the size of the rom down, or can a rom be any size?

Sorry for the probably lame question, just curious and trying to learn myself. :)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I'm a total newb when it comes to rom hacking.. I want to learn all the intricate details of hacking myself, but right now I'm ok enjoying other peoples' work.

My question is - how do you manage to fit so much into a rom? It just seems like you've added a TON of stuff and wonder how you keep the size of the rom down, or can a rom be any size?

Sorry for the probably lame question, just curious and trying to learn myself. :)
Welcome to the rom hacking community! I am using an expanded 32mb rom. When you start rom hacking familiarize yourself with how much free space that's leftover from the original games. Most of the free space in a Fire Red rom is located at 0x800000 and up. Most of the things that are inserted at 0x1000000 (expanded area) and above are the custom music files because they are HUGE. There are also tons of tutorials here in the rom hacking section, good luck!
----------
Now in relation to Taejo...
FEAR the wrath of Derpfishe. You will not like battling it, trust me.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Yey to Grass/Poison types! Now they deserve moar love than ever!!! And I feel that the Fairy type is kinda nerfed. Being super effective to 2 types which is now 3 adding fairy to be super effective to fighting and being not very effective to 6 types and 1 type immune to it it seems to be more of a TANKY type having 6 types not very effective to it and 3 super effective to it. If Klefki is here, he/she would be super OP having so many resistances, Being Steel/Fairy and all, your major threat is poison types with that :D

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Yey to Grass/Poison types! Now they deserve moar love than ever!!! And I feel that the Fairy type is kinda nerfed. Being super effective to 2 types which is now 3 adding fairy to be super effective to fighting and being not very effective to 6 types and 1 type immune to it it seems to be more of a TANKY type having 6 types not very effective to it and 3 super effective to it. If Klefki is here, he/she would be super OP having so many resistances, Being Steel/Fairy and all, your major threat is poison types with that :D
Hahaha, the thing with Fairy Types, I personally think it works perfectly for this region. I just want it to limit the overpowered Fighting and Dragon Types (Since these types are more common in this game), haha. And yeah, Fairy Type Pokemon are going to have above average HP (The TANK MASTERS, lol). Klefki will definitely be in the Seijo Region!
----------
Well, here are more updated screens of the Frozen Chambers!
And introducing the first Move Tutor! Crisp Toast! Lol.
PokemonNormal_01_zps8c28b25f.png

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
adfasiudasudasgydasiydasyidayudsasa

KLEFKI IS IN GAME!?!?! well, without prankster to set up with, he's still a good staller, but MEH!! still very tanky with those x1/4 resistances and immunities...

Edit: with prankster YET! I dunno if you're gonna add them :D..

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
adfasiudasudasgydasiydasyidayudsasa

KLEFKI IS IN GAME!?!?! well, without prankster to set up with, he's still a good staller, but MEH!! still very tanky with those x1/4 resistances and immunities...

Edit: with prankster YET! I dunno if you're gonna add them :D..
Yup, haha. I would most likely end up adding new abilities before my release of beta 3, I just need to get the more important things out of the way first.
Is sylveon in the game because if it is I want to use it.
It will. It will be as part of post game content. You will be given a second Eevee for your journey into the Seijo Region.
---------- Edit 1
Looks like Seaview Town will be the most visited town now... hehe.
NPC sprites have not been updated yet!
And that speechless kid has been relocated! :)

Last edited:

KinKage

Golden Shadow
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
Yup, haha. I would most likely end up adding new abilities before my release of beta 3, I just need to get the more important things out of the way first.

It will. It will be as part of post game content. You will be given a second Eevee for your journey into the Seijo Region.
---------- Edit 1
Looks like Seaview Town will be the most visited town now... hehe.
NPC sprites have not been updated yet!
And that speechless kid has been relocated! :)

Sweet! An IV Checker, keep it up! It tells you the exacts stats right? o- o

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Sweet! An IV Checker, keep it up! It tells you the exacts stats right? o- o
It's a range based check. I didn't want to make it too technical. The man is called the "Eye Doctor" in-game. His name is Eyevee. He just asks you which stat you want to check.
0 is non-existent
0-5 is very poor
....25-30 is almost perfect.
And such.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Yey!! An Eye V. Checker!! Ooooh... and new abilities? OwO you're phenomenal! (not really, its over-exaggerated(slightly haha)) anyways you have now become my favorite hacker (as of now). In terms with all your updates and such I see a Beta 3 in a few months? haha

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Yey!! An Eye V. Checker!! Ooooh... and new abilities? OwO you're phenomenal! (not really, its over-exaggerated(slightly haha)) anyways you have now become my favorite hacker (as of now). In terms with all your updates and such I see a Beta 3 in a few months? haha
Yeah, should be sometime this summer. Hopefully sometime around August 1 (my second year anniversary), haha. There are two doctors in the game, "Eyevee" and "Eevee (yes, lol)." Eevee will be the doctor that checks your EVs. There will also be an "EV shop (because EV training is a drag)" on Coaster Island (post game) that will allow you to add or delete EVs of your choice.
----------
I have been trying to script the Pokephone/Navigator/Warp Whistle and whatnot, but it seems like the Hacked Engine "item script loading routine" is kind of buggy. It's screws up bag menu cursor after using an item.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Yeah, should be sometime this summer. Hopefully sometime around August 1 (my second year anniversary), haha. There are two doctors in the game, "Eyevee" and "Eevee (yes, lol)." Eevee will be the doctor that checks your EVs. There will also be an "EV shop (because EV training is a drag)" on Coaster Island (post game) that will allow you to add or delete EVs of your choice.
----------
I have been trying to script the Pokephone/Navigator/Warp Whistle and whatnot, but it seems like the Hacked Engine "item script loading routine" is kind of buggy. It's screws up bag menu cursor after using an item.

that's, friggin' kewl!! anyways, I don't like FR's breeding mechanics.. it won't give you a perfect 6/5/4 IV's no matter how hard you try =.=... if you have the capacity to do that, could you change it? Pl Red/Blue will change the breeding mechanics though I don't know how... could you make TMs infinite? Pretty please? Buying Hidden Power is a pain just to have the perfect coverage =.=.. and also other TMs such as TBolt, IBeam, FThrower, Psychic, SBall, and other useful TMs... would it be cool to pay the daycare center to breed the perfect pokemon for you? something like you get to determine which will have perfect IV's and etc... but that would be like a Pokemon Maker rather... and defeats the purpose of breeding.. Yey!!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
that's, friggin' kewl!! anyways, I don't like FR's breeding mechanics.. it won't give you a perfect 6/5/4 IV's no matter how hard you try =.=... if you have the capacity to do that, could you change it? Pl Red/Blue will change the breeding mechanics though I don't know how... could you make TMs infinite? Pretty please? Buying Hidden Power is a pain just to have the perfect coverage =.=.. and also other TMs such as TBolt, IBeam, FThrower, Psychic, SBall, and other useful TMs... would it be cool to pay the daycare center to breed the perfect pokemon for you? something like you get to determine which will have perfect IV's and etc... but that would be like a Pokemon Maker rather... and defeats the purpose of breeding.. Yey!!
Changing the breeding mechanic IV may be out of my ASM limits for now, as I am very new to it. I'm just good at inserting routines and testing it out! Hahaha.
----------
For example, inserting a routine by DoesntKnowHowToPlay, trainers can now have EV/IV trained Pokemon! I'm still testing it out. I know for a fact that IVs work. The natures and EVs seem to be a bit tricky.
Edit 1 - Actually, I missed out on some other hex edits! No wonder the EV/natures were wonky!
Edit 2 - Actually! Custom EVs are only for trainers with customs moves and items. Any kind of trainer can get improved natures/IVs though! Awesome!

The first image is Swoobat with 31 IVs and 31 EVs. The second one, it has 0 IVs and 31 EVs.
----------

I am not going to do infinite TMs because that is going to make the game way too easy. Also, there are a few bugs with the implementation when I checked it out in the past. The PP resets when you relearn the attack (so it will be an easy way out for people to keep their PP usage high) and I don't know how to get rid of the "x1" counter that tells you how many TMs you have.
----------
In fact, the move tutors that I have implemented into this game are "infinite." The first time, they will teach you the move for one time only, then after, they will tell you to come back a certain time as such...

I want the game to not be more fun and rewarding! Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam are no longer TMs. They are move tutors (which are infinite). The elemental punches are TMs now. Don't worry, TMs will not be too much of a hassle to buy or find! Hidden Power, I think will be a move tutor, but it will be a side quest.
----------
As for as paying for breeding perfect IV Pokemon, I am not quite keen on that idea. In fact, I got an even better idea. It will be a part of post game content. On Coaster Island, there will be a special battle shop where you can buy "IV/EV points" for your Pokemon by trading in certain rare items. But there will be side missions/whatnot involved in order to unlock such feature.
----------
Upon beating the Taejo League, the adventure is far from over! Tons of new features and places will be unlocked. New Pokemon sightings, side missions, the mysterious Legendary Trainer ZX guy... and lots more! These will give players an incentive to play into the next region!

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
You can swap items for IVs? But IVs are individual values that I though was permanent for each pokemon.. that's pretty cool! how 'bout buying Pokemon from Coaster Island with Perfect IVs and Aiding Nature with the use of slot coins like at the game corner? and as for EVs I don't like it as like buying EV points, why not a Battle Dojo where you can pick which stats to train at and battle certain Pokemon depending on the users choice?

Back