Which Starter did you pick?

dragonqueen0210

Female
In the Void
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted August 28th, 2021
383 posts
13.8 Years
Absolutely love this game! I really enjoy the way its sectioned out into neat little areas. It really gives you that sense of impact when you arrive at a new place. I've started a new save for each release so far, just to see the changes myself.
One thing I've wondered though is whether there's a list or something for Pokemon locations, both finding and re-finding pokemon. I found a lot of times where I'd hit a difficult battle, and think, oh I should've caught that Pokemon from before....but couldn't remember where I'd seen it.

octavius3mc

Male
Virginia
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted September 25th, 2021
47 posts
3.1 Years
Absolutely love this game! I really enjoy the way its sectioned out into neat little areas. It really gives you that sense of impact when you arrive at a new place. I've started a new save for each release so far, just to see the changes myself.
One thing I've wondered though is whether there's a list or something for Pokemon locations, both finding and re-finding pokemon. I found a lot of times where I'd hit a difficult battle, and think, oh I should've caught that Pokemon from before....but couldn't remember where I'd seen it.
Where's the third larvitar location I've looked everywhere
I'd recommend checking out our discord! We have a compendium of user-made guides (including things like Pokemon locations) pinned in our #guides channel! Feel free to stop by and ask questions any time you need info!
Seen October 4th, 2021
Posted September 8th, 2021
1 posts
84 Days
This is the best pokemon game I've ever played - including fan games and official games. Its enormously frustrating at times, but getting stuck forces you to change your tactics and is satisfying to finally beat. While difficult, it feels fair and designed appropriately with a lot of thought put into it as opposed to others I've played that seem cheaply created or that seem to be made for you to brute force your way through.

Maps are full of secrets, making exploration important and satisfying.

Moves and abilities - I don't even know where to begin. So much has been reworked to make every move and pokemon viable. I can't imagine how much time went into designing this stuff. Gamefreak could learn from these reworks to be honest.

Story and characters are actually good. Exposition is a little much at times but overall its great. Characters are very well written - I don't remember the last time the death of a character in a game actually bummed me out.

Cons: This game has ruined other fangames for me. I can't get into other games that I've tried since. I just wind up coming back to Empire and choosing a different starter and strategy.

I made this account just to post this. I've played a lot of fan games and this one is so good I had to post here. If you haven't played it download it right now. If you get stuck, go to the discord and get tips - just stick with it because its very worth it.

I can't wait for further updates - it seems like this team is very serious (and enormously talented) and that this game will be completed.

octavius3mc

Male
Virginia
Seen 7 Hours Ago
47 posts
3.1 Years
Similar scope to Pokemon Reborn or Rejuvenation. I understand that only having 5 episodes is a turn-off for some people to try out Empire, but our episodes have a lot more content in them than Reborn or Rejuv. Current release is already well over 20 hours of playtime. And read through any of the reviews in here or ask in our discord; Empire is a very polished, balanced game.
It's not a situation where you need to wait until the devs get 10 episodes in before they finally figure out how to balance or fix their game because they had to overhaul everything 3 times. I'm sure most people will still wait and that's fine, but we haven't overhauled anything in the beginning of the game yet and we have absolutely no plans to do so moving forward.

octavius3mc

Male
Virginia
Seen 7 Hours Ago
47 posts
3.1 Years
Episode 5.5 is officially live! (If you've completed episode 5 up to this point, it is recommended you save anywhere in the Primordial Pike before updating your game!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qP6hI_u5hRhhjdkFDN-A1aGkdxeONLxB/view

Includes some new story content (including access to the player's home), flashbacks, and a new sidequest in Illyria!
Besides bugfixes, the patch also introduces 2 brand new accessible moves, 3 new items, 4 new Pokemon, and even a few minor buffs to some underperforming Pokemon (including jigglypuff, gumshoos, buizel, quagsire, magmar, jynx, and electabuzz).

And that's it for now! Work continues on Episode 6, and we hope to have it ready for the public before 2022!
Thanks all!

berkaykrl

The True Gamer

Any Pronouns
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
9 posts
4.5 Years
The game is good so far
I eat Pokemon Games