Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
1,396 posts
8.2 Years
Heya again o/ So, I know this is probably something that is low priority (if it's even in the future "QoL changes list") but like, is it possible to eventually increase the maximum nickname characters to 12 (like how it is in the current gens)? Asking mostly cause some nicknames I gave my gen 6 and 7 mons are with that in mind >.>
Hey! It's possible, but I don't think it's worth the extra save space required (two more bytes per Pokemon) or the all the work needed to redesign the HP box and other graphics that would need more space to handle two extra characters. It would also break save compatibility, so it's probably not something I'll add.
This project looks amazing, a great way to play Hoenn adventures again!
GG!
Thanks!
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1 posts
1 Days
Hey, I had some questions about shiny hunting as the like in this ROM.

What Pokémon, if any, are shiny locked? (Like starters/legends/gifts. So I don't waste time hunting them)

Also, I know the new odds are 1/1024, but does Emerald's poor RNG system exist in this ROM? (Meaning are there 'shiny frames' that each individual OT is always subjected to in order to find shiny mons)

Love this ROM already as far as I've gotten. Replaying my fav pokemon game with extra challenge and balance is just what I needed! Thanks for all your hard work!
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
9 posts
47 Days

What Pokémon, if any, are shiny locked? (Like starters/legends/gifts. So I don't waste time hunting them)

Also, I know the new odds are 1/1024, but does Emerald's poor RNG system exist in this ROM? (Meaning are there 'shiny frames' that each individual OT is always subjected to in order to find shiny mons)

Love this ROM already as far as I've gotten. Replaying my fav pokemon game with extra challenge and balance is just what I needed! Thanks for all your hard work!
Based on the FAQ on page 1 pretty sure there are no mons that are shiny locked and all of them have somewhat boosted to 1/1024 rate.
Male
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
4 posts
11.8 Years

For the question about shiny frames, this hack doesnt have it, since I myself have already shiny hunted a couple of starters and legendary already, currently shiny hunting the AshGreninja and on the 300th reset, hopefully I get it soon

Edit: Okay I can confirm that even the gift AshGreninja can be shiny, just got it on my 320th reset, goodluck on your shiny hunts

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
1,396 posts
8.2 Years
1.Now that I completed the Pokedex for the most part there is one thing left to say: we need more boxes, 14 is way to less
2.I tried to make pokeblox but the game freezed, is there another way to get them?
3.Why do I get kicked out of the battle tent after 3 battles?
1. Adding more boxes would mean existing saves no longer work, so you'd have to complete the dex all over again if I did that. It's something I'll do once the hack is finished so that updating is optional.
2. Known bug, and sadly no.
3. IDK, ask Game Freak 😅.
Male
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
15 posts
7.6 Years
1. Adding more boxes would mean existing saves no longer work, so you'd have to complete the dex all over again if I did that. It's something I'll do once the hack is finished so that updating is optional.
2. Known bug, and sadly no.
3. IDK, ask Game Freak 😅.
If you could add a way to get pokeblox like buying them until the feature is fixed would be nice so contest wouldn't be dead.
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
20 posts
39 Days
Quick question...
How do I know what the new abilities do? I don't see any documentation regarding those in the files attached. Also, is there a way to know what level do they learn what moves? Maybe their learnsets are based on a generation idk
Read the "Battle Changes" pdf.

Also @Buffel, yeah the kerrablast/shelmet shouldn't be high priority or anything, very easy to find those mons anyway. But I've seen a few pokemons with moves they learn in gen 8 compatible and some not. E.g.: Tauros can learn close combat, but not throat chop. Is this a mistake or was that going to be changed with gen 8?