• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
@ 560 #1: My name isn't underlined because I'm that famous. Also because myrrh is a real thing. From Fire Emblem preferably.

@ Syd: Me too. I definitely remember the Brown Nuzzy, and I remember him doing a lot of other challenges, which I'm pretty sure is what motivated me to do as many as I've done.

@ 560 #2: I agree that we have different styles. I tried to do the whole "make it a nice story" thing for a few of my early challenges, esp my Team Rocket Blue Challenge. But, I can play through the originals in an hour or so, so I ended up beating the game and then trying to remember everything that happened. Then I tried recording stuff, but I would have times where I would stop to check something real quick on Serebii and forget to unpause it. Or I would start talking to my friend throughout the challenge. Neither of them worked for me, so now I just say the basics of what happened and give you my team if you're lucky.

@ Mondays: Oh hai. We're famous here. I definitely remember your Brown Nuzlocke, because I was doing a Yellow Nuzlocke at the same time. I only joined when you were at the Elite Four, but I definitely remember that part, and I remember it was epic.

As far as the No Item challenge, there isn't one. Someone challenged me to do a No Pokecenter Challenge, but I don't think there's one for no items. I don't think it would be that hard, because you could Pokecenter spam, and get around TMs with Move Tutor Moves (if applicable). And still, I could run through Yellow Version with a Slash/Flamethrower/Fly Charizard, a Pokemon that can learn Psychic via level (so Kadabra), and maybe a Dewgong for Ice Beam. Don't think it would be that tough.

Well myrrh is actually a plant and a gift of the magi. I should probably get around to finishing my Nuzzys lol

Master Strife

The Local BAMF
Years
I want a new challenge to do lol. I've done the favorite tons of times (like 7 before I even suggested it here.) I've done Solo (Sceptile, FTW) and I'm about to finish the last ultimate monotype challenge for the 17th time. Nuzlocke(that's the one where fainted pokemon are released right?) bores me, because I somehow manage to never let my pokemon die. I need a new challenge to do DX

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
@ myrrh : Well, I never played Fire Emblem. Lol.

Also, can someone be James Bond and sneak into some old Nuzlocke threads and recover mondays suck's last Brown Nuzlocke update ? I just lost any connection with that thread and I can't remember the owner's name. *facesmash*

So pwease ? :]

Also, why does this thread keep on getting name changes. I can remember : "The Challenge Market Just Crashed !", "Monotypes have been murdered ?!", "Syd likes to use Unown. Is that challenging enough ?".

Pourrrrr sommmme... no, it sounds... a bit off and stupid. (that's my 2 cents, don't take it seriously)

Last edited:

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
I would partake in the word challenge but I'm one of those people that can't do more than two challenges. Which will be three when I get a helper for my Random Moveset Challenge lurking at the bottom D:. Well I hoping I get a customer soon or I will be dishearted.

Fire Emblem is a great game series...really I recommend you try it. That was off topic but thought id throw that out there x3

Years
@ myrrh : Well, I never played Fire Emblem. Lol.

Also, can someone be James Bond and sneak into some old Nuzlocke threads and recover mondays suck's last Brown Nuzlocke update ? I just lost any connection with that thread and I can't remember the owner's name. *facesmash*
[self-advertisement]
The thread hasn't even been dead that long, it's still on page 2...

Also, there was my 6 Unown run in Crystal last year, that was a good one as well. Only the Red battle wasn't that epic because I was forced to resort to PP stall with Revives because I didn't grind enough.
[/self-advertisement]

@myrrh: Is it possible NOT to Pokecenter spam in a run if it isn't prohibited in the rules? I do it all the time. Also, move tutors are either only usable once or have ridiculous requirements. Sure, that one 'zard example doesn't make the challenge sound very hard, but are there really that many other Pokemon who get that good movesets only by level up and HMs? Also, the Elite 4 would still be quite tough without items, unless you grind forever.
I think that while it would be a relatively easy challenge that is nowhere near the likes of a no Pokecenter run (I doubt that would even be possible to beat, since PP are going to run out VERY fast (well, one might spam Leppa Berries, but...)), it would still be a challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The trick to the no PC run is selling items you don't use and buying TMs over and over. Leppa Berries work too. But someone on YouTube did a no Pokemon Center run on FireRed. He also soloed it, though. I can't remember who it was, but I'm sure you could find it if you looked it up.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
lolwut... Title has my name ! :O
Also, mondays suck, thanks for the link. I was just too stupid to click a "two". I was suspecting it to be long dead.
I read about the No Pokemon Center Challenge in a Walkthrough. You can also do the Suicide Challenge, which is like a Nuzlocke, but implies no items and no PokeCenters. Really, I never tried it, but I read about it.
Now, let's save mondays suck's challenge in Word... (:

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Yes, I know. Here is the exact quote from the HGSS GameFAQs walkthrough ...

x---------------------------------------x
| THE SURVIVAL CHALLENGE |
x---------------------------------------x
This combines the former two into one - no Pokemon Centers and no Poke Marts!
This means you cannot heal, and the only healing items you are going to get is
anything you pick up in the field - I would highly recommend the use of the
Dowsing MCHN to pick up items as you will want everything you can find,
particularly regarding Ethers and whatnot. Remember that breaking rocks in the
Ruins of Alph will occasionally treat you to a Max Revive or Max Ether as well;
this will be an invaluable tool.

You'll want to choose a starter who can learn a lot of moves - quite possibly
Totodile will be the best choice, especially since it also gets Ice Fang,
substituting for the lost Blizzard. A second worthy Pokemon would be Geodude,
who can be caught in the Ruins of Alph at a pretty high level for the time
with Rock Smash - Geodude can be useful in taking down Bugsy and the areas
before him, as well as a bit after (Geodude can notably come in useful for
Whitney.) As with the no Pokemon Center challenge, I would again recommend
you pick up Gyarados as soon as you can.

Be sure to time the Mahogany heal well, so you get it when you need it.

In regards to Pokemon who need to be traded to evolve, you should try and avoid
trading like the plague as much as possible. The best time to trade would be
after you have just been healed, such as after meeting Lance in the rocket
hideout or after beating the Elite Four; try to do that if you can.

The Pokeathlon prizes being legal are also up to the player's discretion. You
don't technically spend money on them, however.

This can make the game pretty hard; good luck if you attempt this!
I said it from memory, so I was wrong. Well, anyways, as you can see, you can use items, but only the ones you get on the field.
Well, someone can attempt it. And who is that ?
I'll let you guys guess.

and yes, I approve of this title :-)

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Usualy Nuzlocke is worked around by Solo-ing but with that Survival challenge I can't find a loop hole (unless Struggle is the Loop Hole ;D) To win this challenge you need Momento and Explosion
e5011287.png
Lol Jk.In all seriousness this seems like a diffiicult challenge.

-Now asumes I am part of the Cool Challenge Forum Group but really isn't xD-

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I would partake in the word challenge but I'm one of those people that can't do more than two challenges. Which will be three when I get a helper for my Random Moveset Challenge lurking at the bottom D:. Well I hoping I get a customer soon or I will be dishearted.

Fire Emblem is a great game series...really I recommend you try it. That was off topic but thought id throw that out there x3

people have Nuzlocked Fire Emblem Before. I've actually Nuzlocked Fifa 10 :D

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
people have Nuzlocked Fire Emblem Before. I've actually Nuzlocked Fifa 10 :D
How in the world do you do that?

OnTopic: It's just like the Begining Letter challenge but you use the Last letter instead.Yeah yu can just add that to the optional rules but still thats my 2 cents.

or

Move Choice Challenge:You may only use Pokemon 1 Pokemon must only use Physical attacks, one only uses special and one only uses Status.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
@ AceDragonite : How can you nuzlocke a soccer game ? Sounds interesting, might do this on FIFA 10 on my PSP.

@chaos11011 : Move Choice Challenge sounds like and awesome one, I might try when I finish Favorite on Platinum.

Also, I wanted to bring something up ... :

Spoiler:

Tell me what you think ! :-)

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
@ AceDragonite : How can you nuzlocke a soccer game ? Sounds interesting, might do this on FIFA 10 on my PSP.

@chaos11011 : Move Choice Challenge sounds like and awesome one, I might try when I finish Favorite on Platinum.

Also, I wanted to bring something up ... :

Spoiler:

Tell me what you think ! :-)
If I could find my Pokéwalker in my moving Boxes (it must be in one of my 4,000,000 Pokémon related boxes) I'd Defently do that.Because that make my HG Nuzlocke Run 1,000,000 times more interesting

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
If I could find my Pokéwalker in my moving Boxes (it must be in one of my 4,000,000 Pokémon related boxes) I'd Defently do that.Because that make my HG Nuzlocke Run 1,000,000 times more interesting

I know. And it adds a lot of twists. And it gets you a lot more active. ;-)

Also, here are some other challenges from that Walkthrough :

Spoiler:

The No-Mart challenge was discussed on PC, and the Survival Challenge just combines those two. :-)

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Again those seem fun.Once Im done with Nuzlocke I might do them (or the combination of both (Survival))

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Now this title : this title wins.
But I don't wanna do every challenge... I don't have time. The fault of the school. /o\

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
560cool. can't pull a myrrhman xD

I shouldn't be saying anything because of all the Challenges I did I have percrastinated like 90% of them D:

Oh well that's how the cookie crumbles I guess.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey hey, now. I'll be nice and won't infract you since it's your birthday, but don't be posting stuff that gets *'d out. Edit the post please, 560cool. Anyway, I am so bad about completing challenges. Unfortunately, I always choose to do challenges on HGSS, and challenges for those two (and GSC) end with Red. I don't wanna play that long. :( I barely do that on a normal playthrough, lmao.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Lol, I almost have the same problem. I usually start a challenge, and by the time I get halfway through with it (unless it's on RBYGSC), I find another challenge to do, and sort of push the first challenge aside. I still need to finish my Ulti Ghost. I'm freaking on the seventh gym of the last region...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back