• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Alright, my game is saving now. Seems that LaZ's VBA is better for this game than the version I had for some reason...

Anyway, if someone really wanted to ruin the surprise and find out how each and every one of the pokemon evolves, I suppose they could just download YAPE and find out for themselves... Of course, they could just play the game...

Also, if anyone's interested, there's now a person in the Cherrygrove Pokemon center who will trade his Mareep for a Poliwhirl. I assume this is like Crystal in that Mareep are not catchable in the wild?

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2011
haunter evolves with moon stone(u can get it in tohjo falls farther west)

Thank you man. Also I am playing on gameboid on my android phone no glitches so far besides the special lowering attacks like leer are not working very well. Then sometimes they just work.

Also rage doesnt work at all.
it will say rage building but it does like 2 damage no matter what/.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
Got my team planned! :3
Quilava
Mawile
Scyther
Vaporeon
Tropous
Smeargle

hey link im not gonna be wasting my time if i go looking for mawile and tropous will i? XD

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
I don't know about other people - but it seems to me like the physical/special split just made *everything* a special attack. Defense curl, leer, growl etc. don't seem to do anything at all, while light screen is affecting moves like headbutt.

On that note, does anyone know where Chansey is?

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
where i can get evee , lapras , water and moon stone ?
i need good water poke and evolve haunter and kadabra xD

eevee from bill in goldenrod(left from pokecenter ),water stone from castform given by pryce, moon stone from tohjo falls(western part),both kadabra and haunter evolves by moon stone, lapras i don't know if it's the same rule by now, that he will be found in union cave on friday

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
i don't know if you can get 2 moon stones, but further in game you can catch a gengar, so don't waste it on hunter

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
my advice is to look after the list from the previous beta, it has both walktrough and pokemon list, and so far it's the same

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2013
hi LaZ, sorry to disturb you again but if i use Teleport anywhere it just want me to send to Lavender town :(
And after I get the thrid badge, i check my Trainer Card and instead of the third badge i get the fourth badge ???

lg zhen

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
i can post URL's yet, so just check on google pokemon crystal walkthrough, fin the pokecommunity page(hint: it is page 4) and search for 2 word docs in that page

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Can't catch Lapras in the Union Cave at Friday:( The game freezes 20 steps before the pond.

Thanks for the info, i'll look into it.

Great hack!
Just one question though, how do you obtain evolution stones? As my team consists of Poliwrath,Exeggcuter and Haunter it would be great if I could get the stones. I have spoken to the lady and she told me which stones were required for which evolution.

For me the clock is always monday 12.00 if it helps. And in the start it said something ~about clockbased events are disabled.

Edit* received water stone

If the clock isn't working then it seems your not using my VBA?
There are also stone dealers around the place.

i just got to the pokemon league, but when i enter the door to fight the first member of the elite four, i remain stuck in the door, can't move forward to fight with him.... i want to know if it's just my rom so i could start all over

I heard about that before but thought it was fixed... It seems to work for me though! Are you using cheats?

D: the game freezes when i meet my rival for the first time. then when i reset the game and tried it again only this time when my rival didnt talk, i took a step down and my rival ran through the trees and i could just continue forward :( HELP!

That bug only happens when you have cheats on ;)

Alright, my game is saving now. Seems that LaZ's VBA is better for this game than the version I had for some reason...

Anyway, if someone really wanted to ruin the surprise and find out how each and every one of the pokemon evolves, I suppose they could just download YAPE and find out for themselves... Of course, they could just play the game...

Also, if anyone's interested, there's now a person in the Cherrygrove Pokemon center who will trade his Mareep for a Poliwhirl. I assume this is like Crystal in that Mareep are not catchable in the wild?

Mareep isn't catchable indeed. Also i wouldn't use YAPE, opening the rom in it bugs the hoenn legendaries.

Got my team planned! :3
Quilava
Mawile
Scyther
Vaporeon
Tropous
Smeargle

hey link im not gonna be wasting my time if i go looking for mawile and tropous will i? XD

Perhaps xD

LaZ in future u will make full list of pokemon locations ?

Probably not. Nintendo didn't so.. Or did they? xD

hi LaZ, sorry to disturb you again but if i use Teleport anywhere it just want me to send to Lavender town :(
And after I get the thrid badge, i check my Trainer Card and instead of the third badge i get the fourth badge ???

lg zhen

Thanks for that, i heard about teleport bugs too but never found the cause. Please log it using the link in my signature.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
no laz, i didn't use cheats, though i used advanced map to proceed next to league; and if you read before, there is another player who has the same issue as i do

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Sorry to bug you, LaZ, but like everyone else, I have a question.

Yo mentioned somewhere that you had split the moves into physical and special like in 4th gen? Is this fully implemented?

Most specifically: are the elemental punches special or physical in this game?

Edit: Also, if they have been split, then that means that Snorlax loses Shadow Ball and Hyper Beam with nothing to replace them... (Since Snorlax does not have Crunch and Giga Impact does not exist in the game.) The usefulness of many pokemon hinges on whether their favorite moves are now physical or special.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for that, i heard about teleport bugs too but never found the cause. Please log it using the link in my signature.[/QUOTE]

hi, can you please reply me where i can find the link in your signature ??

lg zhen

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2011
okay so I cheated to get scizor to show up in the wild. the only cheat I used and after i defeat the slowbro rocket dudes kurt comes up and says hey lets go and then it restarts. what the heck?
Okay i loaded back up and even with my scizor it finally went to kurts place.
Im not cheating if I just get a scizor am i?
I feel like a loser :( but I dont even think you can get him legit can you?

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
Well you can sorta get a scizor via trade, I have one in the storage, so no point cheating for it.
Comes through as scyther and evolves the moment you get it.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
okay so I cheated to get scizor to show up in the wild. the only cheat I used and after i defeat the slowbro rocket dudes kurt comes up and says hey lets go and then it restarts. what the heck?
Okay i loaded back up and even with my scizor it finally went to kurts place.
Im not cheating if I just get a scizor am i?
I feel like a loser :( but I dont even think you can get him legit can you?

Yes, you can... Any pokemon that evolved by trade now has alternative evolution requirements. I won't tell you how they evolve, though. Just keep using a Scyther and see what eventually happens.

Back