• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How large is Unova?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
irl if you would start in Nuvema Town and take the routes to Nimbasa and go west loop back around through all the routes back to Nimbasa on the east side... how many miles do you think you would have traveled??? give reasoning... How big is Unova, really....

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Honestly idk because in games there is what you call steps. If the game follows the theory of taking one step is a foot then 5280 steps would equal to a single mile. So I would have to say walking around the whole region (I know you didn't ask that) would be I'd say around 20 to 30 miles 40 at most. I'm not familiar with the Unova map because I haven't really played the game.

Sirfetch’d

Well it is based on NY so get the mileage of NY and go from there. That is my best guess at it.

Sirfetch’d

No way that's possible. That's huge, there's no way you can walk that far in a Pokemon game lol. It's a couple 100 sq miles and that's just NYC.

Is is obviously reduced for gameplay. But it is based on NY.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah it was confirmed to be based on NY around the release in 2010. As for the miles... I think it'd actually be a lot smaller than the other regions, probably best to work them out and then go from the empty space, tbh. While I completely suck at working that stuff out, I'd say it's at least 20% less miles than largest walkable region really.

Back