• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Great Ways to defend Your Plots guys.Now This has officially became my favorite game, not because of the mechanics, but because the creators are to not be ****** with when questioning what they've done lol, excuse my vulgar grammar and sentence structure, but you guys really hyped me up now.xD

I REALLY can't wait to see how this turns out and commend you on your efforts.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
---
EDIT:
SPRITE UPDATE -

Marmozap #23

023marmozap.gif

The EleChimp Pokemon
Type: Electric
Ability: Static

"Marmozap are very curious creatures. They tend to cause trouble at power plants, playing with cables and wires and messing up the systematics."
Sweet.....-_- bet my Chimjolt can tear more power plant **** up....lol

Naw but really, that looks great as does all the fakemon here. This is one of the few games I may play here!

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Alright, because we dont really get to see her much on PC, I figured I'd post these here.

Jocelyn has remade Helios and Selene, and very recently too, as I just got a hold of them.

cd15e6b9e3bac27522c605dfa325b10b.gif

These may or may not be editted, but this is the rough draft we have as of yet. Better or worse than the last ones? I'd like some opinions before I swap out the old sprites :)

DialgaPalkiaGiratina

Kudos to zappyspiker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 8, 2010
Hm...Maybe iinstead of Killing Rayquaza, he bddly injured him (really bad) And he fled some were secret and nobody was able to find him :)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Okay Bards Sword doesn't have to listen to any of this crap, and I am no way affiliated with Pokemon Helio Version or the Emort Team, but I think the plot COULD be like this.

Julian Ronald Dag0n was a good trainer, but never good enough. He ascended Mt. Sanguit, the highest peak in all of Emort, to catch the legendary Pokemon Rayquazza. He had his Koffing use Poison Gas to weaken Rayquazza. However, Julian didn't know Rayquazza was already weakened by the daily toxins entering the Ozone. He couldn't believe that he had poisoned Rayquazza, much less the entire planet. He knew what he had to do, be the hero. He would use his remaining funds he earned as a trainer to pay criminals to help destroy earth, so more people would jump on to his bandwagon and go live in his moon colony. He would be a hero.

You had just gotten out of high school, your crush Selene (are we allowed to name her?) is with a man in his 20's. You decide to become a Pokemon Trainer to impress her. The same man, appears with another woman asks you later to join Team Solar and pollute the planet until it dies out so you can go to the moon and start over. You know this is absurd, and reject the offer, but then you fear for Selene's safety.

Idk what the mercernary is going to be called, perhaps some odd alias of sorts?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Hm...Maybe iinstead of Killing Rayquaza, he bddly injured him (really bad) And he fled some were secret and nobody was able to find him :)

I don't get why so many people are like "OMG, DEATH? IN MAH POHKEEMANZ?! OH NOES! D:" [Please excuse my exaggeration lol.] Team Rocket killed Marowak in the official games, and that was INSIDE a Pokemon gravesite, where the rival asks if YOUR Pokemon died. It's not like a Pokemon dying is a new thing in the game. It's fine for Rayquaza to be killed in Helio.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
AceDragonite-

Your proposed plot theory is identical to mine except Rayquaza doesn't die.

Really, the point of Rayquaza dying is to make Julian's insanity more logical. He's constantly blaming himself for killing Rayquaza., and wondering how he can "redeem" himself, so he decides to needs to essentially be the messiah and save everyone. I mean, what would cause you more mental stress? Poisoning a wounded pokemon, or killing the god of the sky?

Look, pokemon die in cannon. You don't see the death on-screen, it is just mentioned. I don't see what the problem is with that.

Also, yes, you can name Selene whatever you want. And the mercenary is, for now, just called "The Mercenary." Its too make him a bit creepier. Though we might come up with an alias.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Alright, because we dont really get to see her much on PC, I figured I'd post these here.

Jocelyn has remade Helios and Selene, and very recently too, as I just got a hold of them.

cd15e6b9e3bac27522c605dfa325b10b.gif

These may or may not be editted, but this is the rough draft we have as of yet. Better or worse than the last ones? I'd like some opinions before I swap out the old sprites :)

Just bringing this back up, as i kind of do want opinions.

Also, at the moment you cannot name your crush [be it Selene or Helios]. Perhaps i will edit eventually, but for now its easier to keep them with solid names.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
@ Bards Sword, it would be completely intoxicated, not just poisoned, but i sort of get what you are saying.
@Starrmyt well if you want some feedback on the trainers, its that Jocelyn is a very skilled spriter

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
i like to read fan-games, and i like being intrigued with different ideas, which make me have different ideas... i see alot of people complaining about your plot... quite frankley i see nothing wrong with your plot, except, killing off Rayquazza with a knife, abit, droney, wouldn't it make more sence to kill Rayquazza off with maybe the toxins or a Pokémon using Hyper Beam, knocking Rayquazza into a jagged rock...
im not judging your plot foresay, but, using a man made object to kill something who can levitate and use some "magical" attacks, with much higher strength and defence, than a human, you've made the creation of Pokémon seem somewhat diminished within your game... and moved it on to Pocket Monster Wars...

i thought, no matter how the games are created, at the end of the day, its "gotta catch 'em all".

feel free to comment and judge me all you like, but i have to go out now and i wanted to right this quickly, just so my facts are cleared.

thanks for your time.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
You make some good points, and don't worry. Its pokemon. Its still gotta catch em all. The killing off with the knife part I do understand your concern, how it might lower Rayquaza's status. I was trying to set it up, and I'm not sure if I did this correctly or well enough, that Julian is desperate. His pokeballs have been cracked, meaning he can't open them or use them, and he is pinned to the floor by Rayquaza. Rayquaza is literally on top of him, about to finish him off, when Julian sees a soft patch and stabs it, probably multiple times. That's what finishes Rayquaza.

I understand your concern, and to be honest the thought that it would diminish the powerful nature of legendaries and pokemon never occurred to me, but rest assured that their statue will stay as powerful as ever in the game. I no, I will not turn it into Pocket Monster Wars.

Thanks for the comment!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
one question bards, is the solar guy Selene is with a grunt, or a higher rank?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
yeah I was thinking along the lines of that, I like how you used Lieutenant instead of admin,commander,etc.
Smith is a little bland though, maybe Lieutenant Morningstar, something that goes along with the whole "team solar" thing.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
We have four ranks: Grunt, Lieutenant, Commander, and General. Smith and Jones are not yet final names, we'll get back to you if there are any changes. And I don't know if I could get away with "Morningstar"...you do know the Latin for Morningstar is Lucifer, don't you? It would be pretty much saying Lieutenant Satan. But we'll see. Actually, that may be a good pun. I don't know. We'll see.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
We have four ranks: Grunt, Lieutenant, Commander, and General. Smith and Jones are not yet final names, we'll get back to you if there are any changes. And I don't know if I could get away with "Morningstar"...you do know the Latin for Morningstar is Lucifer, don't you? It would be pretty much saying Lieutenant Satan. But we'll see. Actually, that may be a good pun. I don't know. We'll see.

puns go with helio version hand in hand, an that's pretty cool that Morningstar translates to lucifer does it have anything to do with the prefix "luce" meaning light? And the commander and general thing sounds a bit like the U.S army although I do like how Solar is more complex than previous teams.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
its good to see that you won't destroy Rayquazza as a whole, and you have commented saying in previous games, Team Rocket etc. has killed a few Pokémon i.e. Marowak of Lavender Town, but if you do recall, in the Legend Of Dratini episode, because a firearm was pointed directly at Ash, it was banned...

never-the-less, good idea for the PokéBalls not working, Rayquazza gettin more upset and be willing to put its own life and legend status, at risk getting close to a human, wether it is a "bad guy" or not... though, that said, i hope this game is still fun and Pokémon like, with good grammer and no swearing (this includes "WTF"), for when Rayquazza does pass-on (unless you have an event that could possibly bring him back, i.e. becoming a Shadow Pokémon, but i'm merely suggesting an idea that has sprung to mind.) it keeps this games edge and that the Emort Region can be considered still, as a nice Pokémon habitat, because Pokémon aren't stupid, as the film, "Pokémon 2000", shown... if Rayquazza was "killed" as you say, these Pokémon should feel threatened.

Good Luck anyhow

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Alright, Nickaloose, I think I should clarify something. From your last post, it seems like you believe you witness the death of Rayquaza onscreen. That's not true. Rayquaza died a good 15-20 years before the story even starts, you just hear about his death. And to prove his status as a legendary, Rayquaza does "come back"...though not in the way you think. Rayquaza's soul is split into three parts, which become our three regional ghost legendaries. Also, at one point the player communes with the ghost of Rayquaza, who tells the player about his death, Julian's plot, and asks the player to stop Julian.

Everyone is honing in on this one issue, so its making the dark aspect of this game much more exaggerated as it is. This game is still going to be fun to play, and its still pokemon, its just has a little more mature and darker plot. There is no swearing, and I promise you, my grammar is pristine.

For AceDragonite-you got that right. Luce is the latin vocative for light. And as for the ranks sounding more like an army, well, that's right too. The point here is that Julian is raising his own private army. Nice catch!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
im not saying i witnessed Rayquazza's death, just saying its bit visual, a little info you just given me, this game is based so many years after the death, now puts it in to perspective, that wasn't explained before... but again, im not critisising, just thought id get my facts cleared before i read too much into it and get myself confused or other things :)

good luck with the game, i will keep my eye on this, and you may hear from me again ;)...

@Jocelyn: keep spriting like you do, they are pretty good, i could do with you on my game haha, anyways, good luck guys. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back