• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Years
I have a Machop, Machoke, and Machamp.

Lets say i wanted to battle with my Machamp. Is it legal to throw him out there, or do i have to evolve him from machop first?
How does that work....
Is one allowed to start with an evolved version, or do you have to start with its lowest form and evolve it into the one you want.
Thanks!

Players are forced towards starting with lowest Basic form (as currently legal).

FAST METHOD:
Machop, as a FIST type, can combo with a Korrina card (supporter).
Using a Korrina allows one to search for a FIST Pokemon *monster* card (Machop, Machoke, or Machamp in your case), as well as one item. deck then gets shuffled.

Other simple options to go Machop-to-Machamp include use of *Rare Candy* (straight to Machamp from a Machop; Machoke not used) and an *Evosoda*.

NOTE: I am uncertain as to what happens to Stage Ones if Rare Candy gets used to go from Basic to Stage two.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
why does a 1st edition base bulbasaur cost $15?

Is it because it is the 1st pokemon?

Years
My deck tends to be Fire based (non-Stoke Charizard EX, maybe Mega-Y).
Only have two of "that" Pyroar (enough Litleo).

Have some variety to stay Fire, go Fire-Dark (Umbreon, Weavil, Yveltal), go Fire-Psy (Crobat, ghosts, Gengar).

main question is...

What sort of things can work with 'Zard EX? Butterfree?
Spoiler:

Not really wanting to weenie out by going Bronzong Metal Links, though I have three sources of Seafaring.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Why in the world was the SR Charizard from plasma storm printed requiring a Fighting energy?

Years
My deck tends to be Fire based (non-Stoke Charizard EX, maybe Mega-Y).
Only have two of "that" Pyroar (enough Litleo).

Have some variety to stay Fire, go Fire-Dark (Umbreon, Weavil, Yveltal), go Fire-Psy (Crobat, ghosts, Gengar).

main question is...

What sort of things can work with 'Zard EX? Butterfree?
Spoiler:

Not really wanting to weenie out by going Bronzong Metal Links, though I have three sources of Seafaring.

Which format? TCGO? Extended? Modified?

Why in the world was the SR Charizard from plasma storm printed requiring a Fighting energy?

Because that version is an error card. It's supposed to have a Fire-type symbol there rather than a Fighting-type symbol.

Years
Is there one SR charizard out there that is not an error card?

Shining Charizard from Neo Destiny does not have an error. Neither does Charizard Lv. X from Supreme Victors. There are a couple others, too, but PokeGym's Research Tower is hiccuping right now.

@ donnvan

Boundaries Crossed --> Phantom Forces/Primal Clash

Modified, then.

Pyroar's one of the better pairs, and so is Mega Charizard Y. These two could actually both be in there and be fairly useful.

Raichu XY can work if you're experiencing trouble with Yveltal in your area. Mewtwo can also be a serviceable addition. Quite a bit to work with.

By the way, which Butterfree are you talking about when asking if it's a good pair for your 'Zard?

Last edited:
Years
By the way, which Butterfree are you talking about when asking if it's a good pair for your 'Zard?
Flashfire's Butterfree, as was "considering" it for that Stage 2 perk Miltank on consideration of other character card options until I get more variety.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Guys I have a question for any of you who own the Primal Groudon EX full art from Primal Clash. Does anyone else have white dots on the back side of the card because I own two copies of the card and they both have them in the exact same places.

RyuError

It's the Grineer.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 26, 2015

The gif on your sign, best gif ever.

Btw, the Blaine's Charizard have the same problem with FIghtning Energy I think, but the context of the attack make you believe it's intentional, so I'm not sure.

CrasH

Beasterling
Years
Milotic
Ability: Sparkling ripples

Aqua swirl: You may have your opponent switch his or her active pokemon with 1 of his or her benched pokemon...

Does this mean I get to choose who he switches in or I can make him switch and he gets to choose which benched pokemon comes in?

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016

I've seen a few listed that all have the fighting symbol so I'm unsure if any were actually printed with the fire type symbol, I've certainly never seen one. Has anyone?

Years
Flashfire's Butterfree, as was "considering" it for that Stage 2 perk Miltank on consideration of other character card options until I get more variety.

I guess that could work with Miltank, but I'm not really sure either pair terribly well with 'zard.

Guys I have a question for any of you who own the Primal Groudon EX full art from Primal Clash. Does anyone else have white dots on the back side of the card because I own two copies of the card and they both have them in the exact same places.

Sorry, can't answer. Haven't pulled any yet.

Milotic
Ability: Sparkling ripples

Aqua swirl: You may have your opponent switch his or her active pokemon with 1 of his or her benched pokemon...

Does this mean I get to choose who he switches in or I can make him switch and he gets to choose which benched pokemon comes in?

It means that you can choose to make him or her switch, but you cannot choose what he or she chooses to switch in.

I've seen a few listed that all have the fighting symbol so I'm unsure if any were actually printed with the fire type symbol, I've certainly never seen one. Has anyone?

I've actually not seen any with the Fire type symbol. I don't think they actually issued a corrected print of the card, but I'm not certain on that.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
Question - I'm just trying to organize my cards (finally) and I'm beginning with my base set. However, I have a Jolteon 4/64 with no symbol on it. The base set has 102 cards... so what is this Jolteon if it doesn't have a jungle symbol or anything. Is this an error card?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Question - I'm just trying to organize my cards (finally) and I'm beginning with my base set. However, I have a Jolteon 4/64 with no symbol on it. The base set has 102 cards... so what is this Jolteon if it doesn't have a jungle symbol or anything. Is this an error card?
It's an early print from the jungle set. They were printed in error without the jungle symbol.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
Another question but regarding the Ruby & Sapphire sets. I have some cards from 2003 and some from 2004. Some within the 2003 print don't have the e-reader dots at the bottom. Is this normal? Are some possibly fake?

I don't see any information regarding a 2004 reprint. A bit confused.

Years
Another question but regarding the Ruby & Sapphire sets. I have some cards from 2003 and some from 2004. Some within the 2003 print don't have the e-reader dots at the bottom. Is this normal? Are some possibly fake?

I don't see any information regarding a 2004 reprint. A bit confused.

The 2004 ones are probably from theme decks released in 2004.

The 2003 ones may be from theme decks released in 2003.

Pictures would help identify them, though.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Did any of you guys manage to get the new Pokémon Centre Japan Exclusive Pikachu Full Arts? I managed to get a sealed box on Poke Vault. Any of you guys pick one up?

Back