• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Gabri

m8
Years
That glitch has already been pointed and that question has already been answered.
Yes, all 386 Pokemon will be catchable.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
legendaries as in birds and kyogre rayquaza groudon and regis? those legendaries?

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Uhh 2 things I found a small glitch. When i was fighting the double battles in Azealea and only had croconaw and the egg 2 croconaws came out O_0.

Read the first post -.- That has already been listed as a glitch.

And to Scythemaster, all legendaries meaning those listed will be obtainable.

Last edited:

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
MAJOR GLITCH FOUND! right when i got to the entrance to the victory road it said something like "preview ended" or something like that i went inside some lady told me to take me seat and then poof! game got turned off and all unsaved data was lost.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
MAJOR GLITCH FOUND! right when i got to the entrance to the victory road it said something like "preview ended" or something like that i went inside some lady told me to take me seat and then poof! game got turned off and all unsaved data was lost.

Well then you are playing the beta 4 preview not beta 4, and as for the other thing I have no idea.

Gabri

m8
Years

Curious, that didn't happen to me... 3 possibilities:

1 - You are playing the Preview
2 - You patched the BETA 4 over the BETA 4 Preview
3 - That is really a glitch (but it didn't happen to me)

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
i don't know what you mean by "preview" all i know is my friend downloaded it onto his computer, put it on a disk, and transfered it onto my computer

Gabri

m8
Years
Before Zel launched the BETA 4, he launched a Preview so we can see some of the new things that would be on BETA 4. Maybe your friend gave you the Preview.

So, the solution to that problem is to download the BETA 4 from the first post. But you must patch it into a clean FR Rom, and you must restart your game from the beginning.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I belive it was when you get the phone call from silver before entering goldenrod city, the lil event acts as if hes talking to you and you move out of the way for him even though hes not physically there. Just wondering if you'll ever do something about that, well ty for your time. :)

Yes, in my "Bug Killing Madness" I finally got rid of that useless event, so now you enter Goldenrod and the rival won't call you, push you and that kind of stuff (That event didn't really made sense, after all)

I don't suppose regular scripting can do any of these things?
.Unnon Pokedex
.Printing Options
.Decorating (if possible you could use a prize from the Trick house with this)
If those could be includued, They would be cool, I didn't include the opening and the sliding panels because I know those aren't possible (or very time consuming)
Sorry if this was mentioned on the first post, I didn't see it (at least I don't think I did)

As you say, those things, if aren't on FR's features are practically impossible to do (besides, printing on GBA, is that possible at all? X_O)
I wouldn't discard the decorating thing that easily, you can always use some flags for sprites, but, you wouldn't really select where to put stuff. Not like it's impossible, it would just be different ;)

btw i saw this weird blue block in the cherrygrove pc

Another thing I have killed in my "Bug Killing Madness", no need to mention that thing anymore.

also how long does it take to for the ss aqua to stop? ive been waiting a long time and battled all trainers.....

Well, most people were able to do the trip (it perhaps is something related to a weird thing hapenning to your current game's flag. Who knows? I never found this problem, and I have done all I could to fix it in the last bugfix. The only thing left is a change of flag, but then, if it didn't happen to me, and a lot of people as well, why should I change it?)

For the dissapearing Pokeball, you can pass it off as the Pokemon that was stolen by silver.

Oh, forget about the disappearing pokeball, another thing killed in my "BKM", yay! I was on a roll!

I found a text message glitch, not that it matters im just bringing it up.. myabe its normal cause the guy said he drank his own Pokemon's HP UP :cross-eye

I'll post it when i can -.- need 12 more posts -.-

It doesn't really matter if you can't post the screenshot, just tell me the location of the person with the message problem.

hey zel i got a great idea whenever u near the end of ur hack after u done with mt silver and with red and all
if u have enough space in the hack for the player against u and to see who is the better trainer :P just a thought
the players pkmn party vs ur own particular pkmn party .now that would be a good match to me but meh I could be wrong...

Well, Carlos (who in fact has my party... well, right now he's a bit outdated because I have assembled a better party to play SG, I think :D) will not give up after the events on the 2nd wave of the Pokemon League and Mt.Silver, so expect to find him during your travels to those extra locations. I cannot reveal too much, you know ;P

So zel, since Kike did some of your tiles, did he just do it because you and him are pals, or do you think he would do it for anyone?

Well, it's true that Kike and I are friends, but he still hasn't made any tiles for me (yet, and that's only because I'm taking advantange of the free time I'm having from my Uni's break, so I'm always scripting) But, I don't know, he's friendly, PM him ;)

Hey Zel I have two small questions....
1) What mapping tool do you use? Advance or Elite? (I prefer Advance)
2) Why did you choose to remake Gold and not Silver/Crystal? (Gold's was the only 2nd Gen game I got, yet Crystal would seem more... appropriate? It is a stand alone game after all.)
Thanks Zel! Keep upthe great work!

Yes, Advance Map is prefered too (because EMap seems to get a bit wacky when you repoint the maps too much, as I do)
And I choose Gold, because, I think most of us are more attached to Gold than Crystal (maybe because most have played Gold, and when Crystal came out, then it wasn't that original then, didn't offer that many new features unlike Emerald from RS) Obviously, that's only my opinion, and chaining to this opinion would be considered off-topic, I just answered your question :D

Zel I have a request......
please do not revampt the route 2 soundtrack......
besides its nice the way it is
and its one of my favorite soundtrack in Pokemon G/S/C

Hmmm...? *confused*
The idea is revamping all of Gold's soundtracks, and Route2's one of my favorites from Gold (and... in fact, is one of the tracks we already have :P)

I finally found the worldmap stuff including sprites, tiles, tilebase and of course the route-data, the catching areas of pokemon and the most important: the flight points!

I'll post a tutorial how to change everything on my homepage after my 2 weeks vacation.

I heard the news from Hackmew (sorry for not being online to receive PMs), but well, hope you have a nice rest so you can think everything carefully for the tutorial.
Man, all I can say to you is that... you are a real lifesaver! XD

That's all I found to reply to. I'll get my PM-ing ON again, but try to learn to do stuff yourselves, you cannot always depend on me to answer (because you know me, I'll answer, but then, that'll take my time from SG, the question is: "what would you prefer?")

OK, I just finished the mapping of the three routes, but now I have to put the events and script them. Piece of cake, except for the fact there are a lot of events ToT

Oh well, a rom hacker's life... See ya tomorrow!

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Man zel, you go through A LOT with this hack. I expect to see really good things about this hack, plus im not really uptodate with everyone on the knowledge of your hack, lol xD

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
I have two questions, is the unknown dex gonna be in it(unlikely)
and is the unknown music gonna be in it(also unlikely)

If those have already been answered then sorry.

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
Years
I have two questions, is the unknown dex gonna be in it(unlikely)
and is the unknown music gonna be in it(also unlikely)

If those have already been answered then sorry.
I don't suppose regular scripting can do any of these things?
.Unnon Pokedex
.Printing Options
.Decorating (if possible you could use a prize from the Trick house with this)
If those could be includued, They would be cool, I didn't include the opening and the sliding panels because I know those aren't possible (or very time consuming)
Sorry if this was mentioned on the first post, I didn't see it (at least I don't think I did)
As you say, those things, if aren't on FR's features are practically impossible to do (besides, printing on GBA, is that possible at all? X_O)
I wouldn't discard the decorating thing that easily, you can always use some flags for sprites, but, you wouldn't really select where to put stuff. Not like it's impossible, it would just be different
Judging on the quote earlier on the same page... it's a no...

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
Years
I often read zel's long posts because they answer many, many questions... and that quote was from zel's post.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Just a quick question... I know you (Zel) said you were going to keep it like the original as much as possible, but is there any way for you to change some of the Gym Leaders Pokemon? I remember being annoyed at how few Johto Pokemon were used. In the first 8 Johto Gyms only 5/6 Johto Pokemon were used. It wouldn't be hard to give Falkner a Hoothoot and a Natu or Bugsy a Spinarak, Ledyba and Yanma afterall. Thanks Zel!

Back