Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Draconius GO
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old September 18th, 2017 (8:09 PM).
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj donavannj is offline
  • Moderator
  • Crystal Tier
TCGO: donavannj
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brqndon View Post
Not sure what to value this at

Got it ages ago

Put it in attachments.. I'm brand new to this forum sorry for any mistakes..
Hi, welcome! So first things first, I've moved your post to the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

Secondly: that card isn't in mint condition, as I can see some noticeable edge-wear around the edge of the card.

Your particular Machamp (a worn, shadowed, Base Set Machamp) is worth between $1 and $2.
__________________
idol trash and game nerd
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #177    
Old September 19th, 2017 (4:55 AM).
Jrawlins Jrawlins is offline
    TCGO:
     
    Join Date: Sep 2017
    Posts: 2
    Hello everyone,

    I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the value of a couple of cards I have. I own a Rocket's Mewtwo ex in mint condition, as well as a Delta species Mew which is near mint. I hear that the latter is a pretty desirable one. If anyone could help me on this it would be greatly appreciated.
    Reply With Quote
      #178    
    Old September 19th, 2017 (1:30 PM).
    BSc_XTerminator BSc_XTerminator is offline
      TCGO:
       
      Join Date: Sep 2017
      Posts: 2
      Hi
      I'm new on this forum. just for this card I have. I know the normal value of the card but I noticed it is a big fat dot on the "Nintendo" text, looks like a flies sh**, but it's ink.
      I tried to look at images, but I can't find similar.
      So my question is: Is it normal, that sometimes it can happen in printing process? Value, up or down or no change?

      Thanx, and sorry for large picture xD

      WP_20170919_23_07_25_Pro.jpg
      Reply With Quote
        #179    
      Old September 19th, 2017 (8:16 PM).
      donavannj's Avatar
      donavannj donavannj is offline
      • Moderator
      • Crystal Tier
      TCGO: donavannj
       
      Join Date: Mar 2005
      Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
      Age: 27
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 21,257
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jrawlins View Post
      Hello everyone,

      I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the value of a couple of cards I have. I own a Rocket's Mewtwo ex in mint condition, as well as a Delta species Mew which is near mint. I hear that the latter is a pretty desirable one. If anyone could help me on this it would be greatly appreciated.
      Rocket's Mewtwo ex is going for between $35 and $40, but I think that's a significant overpay because PSA graded versions of the card are going for just a tiny bit more. Though going further back, prices for it are unpredictable and ridiculous since it's a card with Mewtwo on it and people really like Mewtwo.

      Which Delta Species Mew do you have? There's the regular Delta Species Mew (which is a Fire type) and the Gold Star Delta Species Mew (which is a water type). Which one do you have?

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by BSc_XTerminator View Post
      Hi
      I'm new on this forum. just for this card I have. I know the normal value of the card but I noticed it is a big fat dot on the "Nintendo" text, looks like a flies sh**, but it's ink.
      I tried to look at images, but I can't find similar.
      So my question is: Is it normal, that sometimes it can happen in printing process? Value, up or down or no change?

      Thanx, and sorry for large picture xD

      It reduces the value somewhat if it's an actual printing error and not just something stuck on the card, but that all depends on your buyer. It's not unusual to see and not terribly rare, but it's also not exactly common, either, to the point where I am inclined to think it's something that got stuck to the card first before I think it's a printing error (seen the thing stuck to card one more frequently).
      __________________
      idol trash and game nerd
      Reply With Quote
        #180    
      Old September 20th, 2017 (1:30 AM).
      BSc_XTerminator BSc_XTerminator is offline
        TCGO:
         
        Join Date: Sep 2017
        Posts: 2
        Thanx so much for fast reply!!
        It's all for fun of collecting and not so much for the value, but it's good to know what the community thinks.. :D

        My gf have this card, and it's stray out from a retail store. What do you think about the missing ink?
        Not so lucky..?

        WP_20170920_09_18_17_Pro.jpg

        Again.. Thanx
        Reply With Quote
          #181    
        Old September 20th, 2017 (1:49 AM).
        Jrawlins Jrawlins is offline
          TCGO:
           
          Join Date: Sep 2017
          Posts: 2
          Thank you for the fast reply!

          I have the water type mew delta species with the gold star.
          Reply With Quote
            #182    
          Old September 21st, 2017 (8:12 PM).
          donavannj's Avatar
          donavannj donavannj is offline
          • Moderator
          • Crystal Tier
          TCGO: donavannj
           
          Join Date: Mar 2005
          Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
          Age: 27
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 21,257
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by BSc_XTerminator View Post
          Thanx so much for fast reply!!
          It's all for fun of collecting and not so much for the value, but it's good to know what the community thinks.. :D

          My gf have this card, and it's stray out from a retail store. What do you think about the missing ink?
          Not so lucky..?

          Attachment 83184

          Again.. Thanx
          That looks like a giant scratch and that will definitely lower the value of the card.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jrawlins View Post
          Thank you for the fast reply!

          I have the water type mew delta species with the gold star.
          That looks to be fetching anywhere between $20 and $90.
          __________________
          idol trash and game nerd
          Reply With Quote
            #183    
          Old September 23rd, 2017 (8:07 PM).
          Skull8792's Avatar
          Skull8792 Skull8792 is offline
            TCGO:
             
            Join Date: Sep 2017
            Gender: Other
            Nature: Lax
            Posts: 1
            so i have this Lapras card i assume is a First Edition Fossil Holo and i was curious of how much it would go for if i were to sell it. the holo has scratches but i intend to restore it if possible. what would you say it goes for?
            Reply With Quote
              #184    
            Old September 23rd, 2017 (9:07 PM).
            donavannj's Avatar
            donavannj donavannj is offline
            • Moderator
            • Crystal Tier
            TCGO: donavannj
             
            Join Date: Mar 2005
            Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 21,257
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Skull8792 View Post
            so i have this Lapras card i assume is a First Edition Fossil Holo and i was curious of how much it would go for if i were to sell it. the holo has scratches but i intend to restore it if possible. what would you say it goes for?
            Okay, so restoring those scratches is not possible to my knowledge.

            Also 1st Edition cards all have a specific symbol on them (a black circle with a clear "1" in it, plus "Edition" wrapped around of the top of the circle) that looks like this:



            Your card lacks this symbol, therefore it is not a First Edition.

            Mint and near mint versions of your card go for between $1 and $3. Yours is not either of those and would likely fetch between $0.50 and $1.
            __________________
            idol trash and game nerd
            Reply With Quote
              #185    
            Old October 2nd, 2017 (2:17 PM).
            Aardenys Aardenys is offline
              TCGO:
               
              Join Date: Oct 2017
              Posts: 3
              Hey guys,
              Can someone help me to find out what's that? I got it in a big pack of randoms cards buyed to someone last week. Thx for all.
              Attached Images
              File Type: jpg IMAG0037.jpg‎ (989.0 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
              Reply With Quote
                #186    
              Old October 2nd, 2017 (8:22 PM).
              donavannj's Avatar
              donavannj donavannj is offline
              • Moderator
              • Crystal Tier
              TCGO: donavannj
               
              Join Date: Mar 2005
              Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 21,257
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Aardenys View Post
              Hey guys,
              Can someone help me to find out what's that? I got it in a big pack of randoms cards buyed to someone last week. Thx for all.
              Hello. I've moved your thread to the appropriate place for these types of questions.

              Now, I've got a qeustion for you: is that the front or the back of the card for the scratched up holo-looking one?
              __________________
              idol trash and game nerd
              Reply With Quote
                #187    
              Old October 3rd, 2017 (11:39 AM).
              Aardenys Aardenys is offline
                TCGO:
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2017
                Posts: 3
                Oh, sorry if i made any mistakes about that..
                Its the front on the cards, i think (icant really remember) that i already see something like that on internet but cant find it again. One of my friend told me that its juste the holo parts of the card on the pokémon part have been removed.. i just want to know if someone can confirm that or have another explanation.. thx for jour attention
                Reply With Quote
                  #188    
                Old October 3rd, 2017 (8:49 PM).
                donavannj's Avatar
                donavannj donavannj is offline
                • Moderator
                • Crystal Tier
                TCGO: donavannj
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2005
                Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                Age: 27
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 21,257
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Aardenys View Post
                Oh, sorry if i made any mistakes about that..
                Its the front on the cards, i think (icant really remember) that i already see something like that on internet but cant find it again. One of my friend told me that its juste the holo parts of the card on the pokémon part have been removed.. i just want to know if someone can confirm that or have another explanation.. thx for jour attention
                Terminology would be blank holo or something like that. Forget the exact terminology. It's something that happens occasionally at the factory where they miss a layer or of someone intentionally scractches off the face of the card or otherwise removes the face of the card to leave just the holo layer. Unfortunately, those ones you've got look extremely beat up and might not have any value left.
                __________________
                idol trash and game nerd
                Reply With Quote
                  #189    
                Old October 4th, 2017 (10:25 AM).
                Aardenys Aardenys is offline
                  TCGO:
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2017
                  Posts: 3
                  Omg, thanks guy, you perfectly answered my question! big love from France, Nath
                  Reply With Quote
                    #190    
                  Old October 5th, 2017 (9:09 AM). Edited October 5th, 2017 by COB55.
                  COB55 COB55 is offline
                    TCGO:
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2017
                    Posts: 1
                    Hey Guys,

                    I'm new here! I used to collect First Generation Pokémon cards back when I was a kid. I'm now 27 and after keeping them all these years, I realised that some of them might be worth quite a bit of money. I have tonnes of common and uncommon Pokémon cards, energy cards and trainer cards. The only cards which I think might be worth something decent are the 8 holofoil cards in the pictures at the following link:

                    https://imgur.com/a/IIgwh

                    I've listed them with the numbers in the bottom right corner of the card.

                    1. Wigglytuff - 19/130
                    2. Dark Machamp - 10/82
                    3. Vaporeon - 12/64
                    4. Charizard - 4/102
                    5. Venusaur - 15/102
                    6. Blastoise - 2/102
                    7. Dark Blastoise (1st Edition) - 3/82
                    8. Mew (x5) - 8

                    I'm aware that Charizards can be worth a lot of money. My one isn't a 1st edition but it is a holofoil. I've attached a close up picture of it. The Charizard and all other cards are in almost mint condition I would say but I'm not sure how they would be graded by PSA.

                    I have 5 copies of the Mew card. None of them are holofoil but I figured they're probably pretty rare.

                    How much do you think my collection is worth?

                    Thanks a lot!
                    Reply With Quote
                      #191    
                    Old October 8th, 2017 (4:11 PM).
                    rogiedodgie rogiedodgie is offline
                      TCGO:
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2017
                      Posts: 1
                      Hi All,
                      Can someone help me identify this card. Not sure what set it comes from and can't seem to find out.
                      Thanks!
                      Roger
                      Attached Images
                      File Type: png Untitled.png‎ (288.0 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                      Reply With Quote
                        #192    
                      Old October 8th, 2017 (10:01 PM).
                      donavannj's Avatar
                      donavannj donavannj is offline
                      • Moderator
                      • Crystal Tier
                      TCGO: donavannj
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2005
                      Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                      Age: 27
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 21,257
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by rogiedodgie View Post
                      Hi All,
                      Can someone help me identify this card. Not sure what set it comes from and can't seem to find out.
                      Thanks!
                      Roger
                      So, what you have is a prerelease promo from the Destiny Deoxys set. Basically, it's got the set name gold stamped onto the card art but it otherwise looks like the normal card from the set.
                      __________________
                      idol trash and game nerd
                      Reply With Quote
                        #193    
                      Old October 9th, 2017 (2:49 AM).
                      icycatelf's Avatar
                      icycatelf icycatelf is online now
                      Fake Card Artist
                        TCGO:
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2005
                        Location: Kentucky
                        Age: 27
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 2,116
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by rogiedodgie View Post
                        Hi All,
                        Can someone help me identify this card. Not sure what set it comes from and can't seem to find out.
                        Thanks!
                        Roger
                        https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Deoxys_(EX_Deoxys_16)

                        "A number of other English promotional variants of this card were subsequently released, the first of which came packaged with North American DVD copies of Destiny Deoxys in February 2005. This print has a foil stamp of the movie logo in the bottom right corner of the artwork."
                        __________________



                        3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200 • deviantARTGaiaOnline
                        Reply With Quote
                          #194    
                        Old October 9th, 2017 (11:26 AM).
                        Tom Newton Tom Newton is offline
                          TCGO:
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2017
                          Posts: 2
                          Hi there. New to these forums so apologies if this is the wrong place.

                          Found these in a massive mixed box in the loft. They look slightly smaller than a genuine Pokemon card and they all have a slightly glossy feel to them as apposed to the normal matte finish.

                          The Ancient Mew card is the correct size but doesn't seam to have a set number in the corner, and looks like its pealing off like a sticker.

                          The "Gengar" that looks like a Haunter is a Shiny.

                          That coupled with the nonsensical evolutions and weird names lead me to think they're fake but I thought Id check before I bin them (and give you lot a laugh :D)
                          Attached Images
                          File Type: jpg Fake Pokemon Cards 1.jpg‎ (1.02 MB, 10 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          Reply With Quote
                            #195    
                          Old October 9th, 2017 (1:15 PM).
                          donavannj's Avatar
                          donavannj donavannj is offline
                          • Moderator
                          • Crystal Tier
                          TCGO: donavannj
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2005
                          Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                          Age: 27
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 21,257
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Tom Newton View Post
                          Hi there. New to these forums so apologies if this is the wrong place.

                          Found these in a massive mixed box in the loft. They look slightly smaller than a genuine Pokemon card and they all have a slightly glossy feel to them as apposed to the normal matte finish.

                          The Ancient Mew card is the correct size but doesn't seam to have a set number in the corner, and looks like its pealing off like a sticker.

                          The "Gengar" that looks like a Haunter is a Shiny.

                          That coupled with the nonsensical evolutions and weird names lead me to think they're fake but I thought Id check before I bin them (and give you lot a laugh :D)
                          Yeah, those are 100% counterfeits. Ancient Mew didn't actually have a set number so that might actually be legit.
                          __________________
                          idol trash and game nerd
                          Reply With Quote
                            #196    
                          Old October 10th, 2017 (9:55 AM). Edited October 10th, 2017 by Tom Newton.
                          Tom Newton Tom Newton is offline
                            TCGO:
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2017
                            Posts: 2
                            OK, thanks. If the Ancient Mew is legit, its the English print is it not? i.e. ~£10?

                            The bottom of the card reads:
                            ©1995,96,98,99 Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, ©1999-2000 Wizards.

                            Also, does it belong to any particular "set"? "promo" perhaps?
                            Reply With Quote
                              #197    
                            Old October 10th, 2017 (12:46 PM).
                            JaviersDad JaviersDad is offline
                              TCGO:
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2017
                              Posts: 2
                              I just received a Primarina GX I ordered from E-Bay.
                              It's collector number 42/149 from the Sun & Moon Set.

                              The picture looks right, and the energy costs and attack descriptions are right, but the names of both attacks are printed wrong.
                              Instead of Bubble Beat, the first attack is named Psychic Transfer, in red font.
                              Instead of Roaring Seas, the second attack is named Moongeist Beam, in standard black font.
                              It looks like these were copied from Lunala GX, and somehow ended up on this card.

                              Additionally, the GX attack, Grand Echo GX, lists a damage rating of 50x, where it shouldn't have any damage listed at all (since the "attack" is actually a healing power, and does no damage).

                              Do you think this is a fake card, or a manufacturer's error? If an error, does that make it worth more money? I plan on returning it to the vendor and getting my money back, unless the error makes it worth a lot (it's in new condition). I can post a picture of the card if that helps.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #198    
                              Old October 10th, 2017 (9:35 PM).
                              donavannj's Avatar
                              donavannj donavannj is offline
                              • Moderator
                              • Crystal Tier
                              TCGO: donavannj
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2005
                              Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                              Age: 27
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 21,257
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Tom Newton View Post
                              OK, thanks. If the Ancient Mew is legit, its the English print is it not? i.e. ~£10?

                              The bottom of the card reads:
                              ©1995,96,98,99 Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, ©1999-2000 Wizards.

                              Also, does it belong to any particular "set"? "promo" perhaps?
                              It tends to get lumped in with the early Black Star Promos (the Wizards of the Coast ones), but it's not really a part of any set.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by JaviersDad View Post
                              I just received a Primarina GX I ordered from E-Bay.
                              It's collector number 42/149 from the Sun & Moon Set.

                              The picture looks right, and the energy costs and attack descriptions are right, but the names of both attacks are printed wrong.
                              Instead of Bubble Beat, the first attack is named Psychic Transfer, in red font.
                              Instead of Roaring Seas, the second attack is named Moongeist Beam, in standard black font.
                              It looks like these were copied from Lunala GX, and somehow ended up on this card.

                              Additionally, the GX attack, Grand Echo GX, lists a damage rating of 50x, where it shouldn't have any damage listed at all (since the "attack" is actually a healing power, and does no damage).

                              Do you think this is a fake card, or a manufacturer's error? If an error, does that make it worth more money? I plan on returning it to the vendor and getting my money back, unless the error makes it worth a lot (it's in new condition). I can post a picture of the card if that helps.
                              That sounds like a counterfeit. Mind posting pictures?
                              __________________
                              idol trash and game nerd
                              Reply With Quote
                                #199    
                              Old October 13th, 2017 (9:30 PM).
                              JaviersDad JaviersDad is offline
                                TCGO:
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2017
                                Posts: 2
                                I've attached a picture of the card.
                                Attached Images
                                File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpg‎ (556.3 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #200    
                                Old October 14th, 2017 (4:32 AM).
                                UltimateFrosty08's Avatar
                                UltimateFrosty08 UltimateFrosty08 is offline
                                GOD OF FIRE
                                  TCGO:
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2015
                                  Location: with a moltres
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Brave
                                  Posts: 252
                                  I have a slowbro card except the name is Kabutops
                                  __________________
                                  This signature has been disabled.
                                  image too big
                                  Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                  You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                  Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                  Reply

                                  Quick Reply

                                  Join the conversation!

                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:34 PM.