• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
Just a quick announcement to say I fixed the evolution Pokédex bug. Unfortunately, I can't make it fix already wrongly set seen/caught flags, but any evolutions which take place from now on should set the correct flags.

Sorry it took so long to fix!

do you have to download the the newest patch so I can get the fix?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
do you have to download the the newest patch so I can get the fix?

Yes, but you don't need to start the game over again. The only thing is, say, you already evolved Cyndaquil into Quilava, and it wrongly set Charmeleon's flags, I can't (retrospectively) fix that, but all new evolutions will set the correct flags.

As long as you don't mind that too much, then you can play on as normal. If it really bugs you, you'll need to restart your game.

Them's the breaks, and you need to remember, this is a BETA of the hack. It's an accepted risk that you (and all players, of course) may run into bugs every so often, or that the occasional restart may be required. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. :)

Years
And I heard due to increase in pressure of fans LaZ and Zeikku released the beta earlier than expected that's why as it was not yet fully developed these bugs and errors are being reported

Years
Lol if thats true then this aint good this is the second time i hear that a mod/hack gets released too early due to fans crying because they cant wait some time while they do something else xD
But anyway this hack is great even with the many bugs and those can be fixed in the future so everything is ok 3)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
If true then that is a dumb move on LaZ'a part. You don't rush something because a few fans whine about it. Not when the majority of your fanbase are content by waiting and that the whiners will still play your game even if you release the path or beta late.

Take your time with the project and release it when ready. Don't rush it because the fans say so.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2012
could anyone who succeeded in using the PCC for trading or battling please share the vba version and settings?:(
since all I can get in the PCC is either a totally black screen or the infamous communication error:'(

Years
I've just had a major bug in Azalea Town. When I entered Kurt's house, the emulator's screen gets all weird: it alternates black lines and lines with weird squares and I can't get out. Has anyone encountered this before? I downloaded the game from LaZ's website.

Also, is it just me or the game is way more difficult than before? It took me over half an hour to beat Falkner. In the previous Beta and regular GSC I used to beat that gym without even healing.

One last thing, I was looking for a Wooper on route 32. I killed one by mistake, I then had to search for almost AN HOUR before finding one again! Is it supposed to be that rare?

Except for that, great game! Keep up the good work!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
One last thing, I was looking for a Wooper on route 32. I killed one by mistake, I then had to search for almost AN HOUR before finding one again! Is it supposed to be that rare?
I'm venturing a yes here. After all, in Gold and Silver there was a 4% chance to find it during the morning (0% in Crystal) and a 35% chance of finding it during the nighttime hours (30% in Crystal).

I am speaking of the original Gen. II games of course, but they are nonetheless the source for wild Pokémon data. As for how that was translated to the game, I'll let a designer answer that. But yes, if you're hunting during the day, you're not likely to find it. Try at night if there is night in the hack. :)

Cyclone

Years
I'm venturing a yes here. After all, in Gold and Silver there was a 4% chance to find it during the morning (0% in Crystal) and a 35% chance of finding it during the nighttime hours (30% in Crystal).

I am speaking of the original Gen. II games of course, but they are nonetheless the source for wild Pokémon data. As for how that was translated to the game, I'll let a designer answer that. But yes, if you're hunting during the day, you're not likely to find it. Try at night if there is night in the hack. :)

Cyclone

Okay thanks for the information. I didn't remember Wooper was so rare in GSC. In fact, I remember that I randomly caught one in my very first Gold game -- that's probably why I assumed it was common --, not knowing what it would evolve in or anything, and it became my strongest Pkmn. I don't recall ever having to look that much for it, though, I must have been lucky.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Okay thanks for the information. I didn't remember Wooper was so rare in GSC. In fact, I remember that I randomly caught one in my very first Gold game -- that's probably why I assumed it was common --, not knowing what it would evolve in or anything, and it became my strongest Pkmn. I don't recall ever having to look that much for it, though, I must have been lucky.
Luck does play a role. Even in Unova's Abundant Shrine, you have a 5% chance of getting Murkrow (Black) or Misdreavus (White), and I encountered two very quickly in my first go. I then went back to get a fresh catch for someone in a trade, and literally went an hour without finding a single one. I couldn't believe it. But it happens.

In Emerald, to date, I've seen two or three Ralts on Route 102. And that's the only place to find them (one went to an in-game trade for something otherwise only available via swarms). Skitty have been more common on 116 than those Ralts in my experience.

Cyclone

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Where is Houndour in this game? I've been trying Route 36 for a while now and it isn't showing up.

You can find it in Mt. Mortar, trust me. It's there.

I encountered a bug. When I try to go to Farfetch' d, it would not even run. I tried doing it many times, but it didn't even move. I would reset the game, but it still wouldn't even run.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Hi everybody!

I wanted to ask if it is possible to get either aerodactyl or zapdos is this game. I am needing something good against birds that also flies.

Is there some kind of file or walkthrough in which I can find the pokemon locations in this hack?

Great game btw!

Years
Hi everybody!

I wanted to ask if it is possible to get either aerodactyl or zapdos is this game. I am needing something good against birds that also flies.

Is there some kind of file or walkthrough in which I can find the pokemon locations in this hack?

Great game btw!
Zapdos and aerodactyl aer both available. Finding Zapdos is quite tricky as many fans have trouble finding it. It requires the pedestal process which you have to find 3-4 flutes around the game. Aerodactyl is traded to you by a girl on route left of Fuchsia City in Kanto when you give her a Chansey

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Thanks a lot.

Could it be that there are no water stones in johto? I googled and it seems I have to buy them in Kanto.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thanks a lot.

Could it be that there are no water stones in johto? I googled and it seems I have to buy them in Kanto.
Among the locations in the original Crystal, I found "Fisherman Tully (Route 42)"; I'd try speaking to the fishermen and see if one coughs it up. The rest are either won as rewards or are found in Kanto, or the Seafoam Islands. This fisherman and stone did not exist in G/S, but did appear in HG/SS.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
Is Houndour located in the same area where Marill is? I assume Houndour must be pretty rare because I've gone around every area in Mt. Mortar for quite a while looking for one.

Thanks a lot.

Go to Olivine when you're able to surf. There are like 2 or 3 ponds there with little patches of land on the other side, there's a water stone on one of them.

Back